Rebuild and Upgrade Domain 302- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Rebuild and Upgrade Domain 302

Looking to rebuild my Domain 302 and add the Motion Control feature of the 318. I plan on replacing the stock spring to the one more appropriate for my weight (firm?) of 185 lbs. I think I'll also replace the seals/wipers.

Questions and considerations:

-The rebound knob is currently frozen and I haven't wanted to torque it either way with a wrench... does this mean I'll need a new rebound assembly or is there something internally I can do to salvage the current one?

-Are there any special considerations for installing the motion control or anything to purchase beyond the unit?

-The first half inch or so of the fork has no virtually no rebound and I'm thinking this will be addressed once I open up the fork and see what's going on with the rebound assembly, but I've also heard of others experiencing this "dead area" of the fork. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for any insight you guys can provide.

Mike
    You guys wanna ride bikes?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    If you are swapping in a motion control cart you won't need any of that old one, so it doesn't really matter what your rebound is doing.

It shouldn't be too hard. I'm not positive but I think all the newer RS carts are sealed. So it's basically just dropping in the new cart where the old one was.

Members who have read this thread: 0