Rebuild or Sell/Buy??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Rebuild or Sell/Buy??

'05 Marzocchi 888RC with Works Flat Crowns.
    It sags about 3-4 inches with me just seated. Regardless of adjustments, it is verrry droopy. Rebuild time. Worth selling it if I could get around $400?? Opinions?
    Also, where is the best place I could send it/ any experience with them?
    Cheers

Glad to Be Alive
    change oil and get heavier spring....
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by edray
    '05 Marzocchi 888RC with Works Flat Crowns.
    It sags about 3-4 inches with me just seated. Regardless of adjustments, it is verrry droopy. Rebuild time. Worth selling it if I could get around $400?? Opinions?
    Also, where is the best place I could send it/ any experience with them?
    Cheers
    Marzocchi or Avalanche

percocet pioneer.
    No way you could get 400 for an 05 that still needs to be rebuilt?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by $ally Hu$tle
    No way you could get 400 for an 05 that still needs to be rebuilt?
    yep extremely unlikely to get that.... i had a hard time getting 400 canadian 3 seasons ago for my 04 RC with the Worx tuning and the low speed shim.....

i'd take SMT's advice on the new spring and oil, a well working 05 RC is still a good ride ya should be able to whip it into shape for under 100 bucks without to much problem.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRida

i'd take SMT's advice on the new spring and oil, a well working 05 RC is still a good ride ya should be able to whip it into shape for under 100 bucks without to much problem.
    bottom line I have seen a lot of forks come to life with just an oil change....the problem could be because it is so full of gunk and never had an oil change....
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    bottom line I have seen a lot of forks come to life with just an oil change....the problem could be because it is so full of gunk and never had an oil change....
    if it's been ridden lots the spring could be bagged out too. oil change, an appropriate weight spring set, and the fork should be good to go. I would also do seals if the thing's apart.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Those years of the 888 had almost zero damping without the LSC sleeve. You can do a simple home made version to cover up somt of the holes that will do a lot to keep it from bottoming from brake dive.

Apart from spending a LOT of money on new internals, there is nothing any one can do to 'tune' the 888 (aside from the LSC sleeve mentioned above). The cartrages are sealed, you cannot access any of the valving.

What springs are in the fork? Where are the preload clips? How much oil is in the fork? What do you weigh?

Members who have read this thread: 0