Rear Triangle Trouble- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Rear Triangle Trouble

Hey Guys/Gals

I have a problem on my 06 Big HIt 2. My chain keeps rubbing against my rear triangle (see photos)

Is there any way I can adjust my e-Thirteen to keep the chain away from the frame???

Please help!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

StraightOuttaCompton
    possibly move the roller down??
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

mtbr member
    you may need to move (if you have one) the silver ring with the three holes that goes on with your BB. This will twist the whole assembly down pulling the chain in further away from the swingarm. Good Luck.
    Hey, My Picture is Finally of Me!!!

Meh.
    I believe the Bighit uses ISCG tabs, not an adapter, and it looks like his backplate is already at the limits of its adjustment. You can try scooting the roller down a bit. Or you can use a piece of tube and wrap it around the stay.

mtbr member
    Yea try adjusting that roller down, or if you cant do that, tie a tube around it. If you dont, i see a worn through frame on the way

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    I believe the Bighit uses ISCG tabs, not an adapter, and it looks like his backplate is already at the limits of its adjustment. You can try scooting the roller down a bit. Or you can use a piece of tube and wrap it around the stay.
    take everything off and try to re-adjust things because you are at your limit right now
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Meh.
    Or maybe you need a wide angle backplate?

...idios...
    e.thirteen guides aren't supposed to fit the Big Hits from '06 and on - the BB is too high in relation to the chainstay (as you've discovered). I had to considerably alter (file down) the rear portion of the lower roller on my LG1 to enable me to position it correctly. The chain sits so close to the weld that contact is unavoidable. I cut a small piece of plastic, the kind of stuff that is typical for most clear packaging, maybe .5mm, folded it around the area of chainstay that was being compromised, then wrapped a layer of old inner tube around it and finished it with some electricians tape: this combination seems to be enough to prevent the chain from bothering the stay. Even if the chain makes it through the inner tube, as it has done a couple of times, it'll bounce off or slide along the plastic. I've had the same piece in place all year.

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

Members who have read this thread: 0