Rear shox size?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Rear shox size?

mtbr member

Rear shox size?

I was on ride-this.com and i want to buy the fox dhx 5.0 but i dont know what size to buy, does it really matter?

Specialized Rida
    Quote Originally Posted by -Insomnia-
    I was on ride-this.com and i want to buy the fox dhx 5.0 but i dont know what size to buy, does it really matter?

Yes it matters. What bike do you have? I am assuming it has a shock on it now, so pull the shock off if you know how and do a measurement.

to get a rough idea on what size it maybe just measure from center of the bolt, and measure from bolt to bolt. Assuming its on the frame. it should be at most 9 inches.

Now measure the small tan slider rod. the one that slides into the shock when compresses. It should be no more than 3 inches.

Try that if its on the bike. If you pull the shock off you can get a more accurate measure.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skate
    Yes it matters. What bike do you have? I am assuming it has a shock on it now, so pull the shock off if you know how and do a measurement.

to get a rough idea on what size it maybe just measure from center of the bolt, and measure from bolt to bolt. Assuming its on the frame. it should be at most 9 inches.

Now measure the small tan slider rod. the one that slides into the shock when compresses. It should be no more than 3 inches.

Try that if its on the bike. If you pull the shock off you can get a more accurate measure.
    I just tried calling you....
    And OP, he's right, it matters a lot. What bike do you have, we may be able to just tell you so you don't have to measure yourself.

mtbr member
    I have a big hit. And im sorry for all the stupid questions im learning

mtbr member
    My old bighit was ummmmm, 8.5X2.5 or 2.75... can't really remember, but it gets you a little closer to the truth.

mtbr member
    hmmm.. i will have to try and find out then

mtbr member
    i just looked at the dhx 5.0 sizes and they sell a 8.50 X 2.50 and a 8.75 X 2.75

Specialized Rida
    Quote Originally Posted by -Insomnia-
    i just looked at the dhx 5.0 sizes and they sell a 8.50 X 2.50 and a 8.75 X 2.75
    If you don't know how or can't measure you shock size, then just go to the specialized website and get the information you need. It's a lot easier and you'll be sure you have the correct size for your frame.

Specialized Rida
    Quote Originally Posted by GnaR9
    My old bighit was ummmmm, 8.5X2.5 or 2.75... can't really remember, but it gets you a little closer to the truth.

Hey GnaR it looks like were on for this weekend. I'll call you tomorrow...

mtbr member
    get the 8.75x2.75, its the right size for the bighit
    Pinn'it Ya Fairy!
    -unknown genius

mtbr member
    Thats what i was thinking of getting but on the website it says 8.75 X 2.5 and i have not seen a shock of that size 0_o

Members who have read this thread: 0