Really big FR shoes- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Really big FR shoes

So here is the dilemma...got size 18 feet, but I wanna get some FR shoes...anything out there for me?

Also, what is the best platform pedal sizewise? (also considering my weight at 255 before gear)

T.W.O
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    for the shoes I would just get some skate shoes and have them resoled with fiveten rubber. as for pedals they don't have much in the way of platform size, just about any will do just make sure to check with the company that it is good for your weight (it should be a problem though)

edit: pfox beat me to the skate shoe

mtbr member
    I'm only a sixteen, but I'm familiar with the problems you're facing.

For the shoes, find any set of mid or high top trainers/skate shoes in your size. Don't worry about the sole too much, they just have to fit your feet. High or mid tops because crank vs ankle is not pretty. You'll find a Unicorn before you find a MTB brand that does flat shoes over a 13.

Nike do various various shoes in 18, or a set of safety boots if you can stand the weight on your feet.

Then get them sent ot to a Five Ten resoler, I've done it with two pairs of shoes and it makes a difference to just riding on normal soles. Not cheap though, including buying the shoes and shipping stuff about each pair of riding shoes runs me around $160

As for the pedals, that's much simpler.

Get some DMR Vaults, I had a set in my hands on monday at my lbs. The platform is visibly bigger than the (already big) platform on my Point Ones.

Internally they're about the same as the V12, so they'll be reliable, but the shape of the platform is much better. When the four year old V-12s on my commuter finally die I'm getting some Vaults.

It's expensive having big feet...

Members who have read this thread: 0