RC2x WC weight- Mtbr.com

Thread: RC2x WC weight

Riiiiiide...

RC2x WC weight

Anybody know the real world weight difference between the normal 2007 RC2x and the world cup version? I know the weights are stated on the Marzocchi site, but hey ..
    I'm just deciding between the 2 and am wondering if its worth it to hunt for the WC version, or just grab the normal one which is at my disposal.

staike
    The 66 RC2x 07 weighs in at 100g over the stated weight, with an uncut steerer.

Awesome forks btw.

Glad to Be Alive
    just buy the regular one...not much difference
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Riiiiiide...
    Yeah its the 888 i was askin bout, guess i should've mentioned that! I'm guessing the Ti springs aren't as light as stated. I'll probably go with SMT's advice, i have a chance to grab a perfect RC2x anyways, so lookin for a good WC is probably just a hassle.
    And next season (if not before even).. AVY cart!

mtbr member
    I bought a 888rc2x brand new in 2007 and I also researched the weight diff between the two.
    While I don't remember the actual numbers...it was not enough to get me to spend the extra couple hundred of $$.

The "regular" is a great fork. I don't see how you would recognize the weight diff when riding.
    The WC looks nicer...but I got over it.

Glad to Be Alive
    my Ti spring 888 with axle, full uncut steerer tube and heavy spring weighed under 7 pounds

I don't know what my RC2X weighed
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Riiiiiide...
    Quote Originally Posted by freeriderB
    The "regular" is a great fork. I don't see how you would recognize the weight diff when riding.
    The WC looks nicer...but I got over it.
    Yeah that's what i'm most interested in.. will the difference in unsprung weight make a difference. The 888 i'm probably grabbing (about 380$, with a complete rebuild, seals and bushings) on Tuesday has polished lowers, and has the thick 888 'stickers'.. should look good as well!

edit. just found an old post that mentions a measly weight savings of 2oz..?
    https://www.southerndownhill.com/for...113501.20;wap2

mtbr member
    the polished looks sweet. Did the seller strip the paint? My 888 is a grey color.
    my frame is polished...the polished lowers would look wild on my bike.
    $380 with a rebuild sounds very fair considering I paid Marz ~ $200 for the Works rebuild 2 seasons ago.

good luck with it!

Riiiiiide...
    Yeah, he services forks and did a whole rebuild and strip/polish. The fork should be as good as new.
    A polished frame AND a polished fork.. hmm, sounds blinding!

Members who have read this thread: 0