Raceface Seatposts- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Raceface Seatposts

Hey there, I need a new seatpost for my new frame (devinci Wilson.) I love the tilting head design on Raceface's lighter posts. My post on my old frame was a Raceface Cadence, and it was great. So, I want to get another similiar one. Pricepoint has the Cadence and the Revolution for super cheap right now, just over $20 for either.

The Cadence retails at $55 and uses heat treated 2014 aluminum.
    The Revolution retails at $85 and is a smidge lighter using heat treated 7050 aluminum for the tube.

I don't know my metals too well, but is the Revolution a better idea with the 7050 alu? Is that like lighter and stronger?

Thanks.

PS, please don't suggest something different like a Thomson, I know there's other options, but I want to keep it light and cheap.
    22Pride

mtbr member
    Bumpy.. looking to order this mofo soon. any thoughts would be sick.
    22Pride

mtbr member
    7050 is stronger, specifically by how much I am not certain. I know it deals with corrosion stress much better than 2014

squish is good
    Dude, a seatpost is a seatpost for DH/FR. If it holds the saddle then it should be good right? Sorry, If we were talking about a XC or AM bike I could see why it matters but for my DH bikes I just get the cheapest one out there. If your worried about weight thats easy to figure out as well.
    Bike good, work bad.

mtbr member
    Not worried getting the lightest out of the two, because if that was the case, I'd just go for the one that's lighter. Was wondering though, is the Revolution (more expensive MSRP, slightly lighter, made of 7050) also stronger? If so, I'd get it. If not, I'd get the other.
    22Pride

Members who have read this thread: 0