Race Face Flank Knee pads?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,208
    I have the Flanks and they are awesome. They seem a little bulky when you first put them on but even on long pedally days I don't notice them.

    Looks like CRC has them in stock.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KTMDirtFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,115

    Race Face Flank Knee pads?

    I can't find these in stock anywhere?

    And after some googling I saw stuff saying race face is out of buisness? NOOO???

    They look like the perfect pads for my motorcycle and mtb.

    I have 661 EVO's now and they are totally falling apart and don't protect any of my shin.

    I will not wear pads that only have straps they suck. I want full wrap around pads any other options?

    I have some THE Storm pads too but they are on their last legs.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: charvey9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    358
    I've been on the hunt for the perfect knee pads for over a year now.

    I can't say I'm quite done searching yet, but check out the Troy Lee Lopes Knee pads. Burly enough for DH or Moto. I have never had them move or slip while riding or during a crash. So far they are the best I've used.

    Also, check out the new Alpinesars MTB gear....it looks sweet. In fact, I'll have a pair of the Alpinestars Moab knee pads waiting for me when I get home today. I'll let you know how they work.

  4. #4
    meow meow
    Reputation: b-kul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,621
    661 ks. all other just try and imitate it.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KTMDirtFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,115
    Thanks I have 661 Evo's basically the same as the KS.. great for moto. but no shin protection.

    The troy lee lopes look good but they don't show the rear of them? are they full wrap around?

    THose alpinestars look real nice but I also can't tell from the pics if they have a full wrap around sock. thanks

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KTMDirtFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    I have the Flanks and they are awesome. They seem a little bulky when you first put them on but even on long pedally days I don't notice them.

    Looks like CRC has them in stock.
    Cool thanks!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: charvey9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
    Thanks I have 661 Evo's basically the same as the KS.. great for moto. but no shin protection.

    The troy lee lopes look good but they don't show the rear of them? are they full wrap around?

    THose alpinestars look real nice but I also can't tell from the pics if they have a full wrap around sock. thanks
    The Lopes guards have a neoprene sleeve that you slip on over your knee first. The sleeve covers front and back of your knee and about halfway down the calf. The rigid piece of the guard is backed with more padding and has two staps that hold it in place on your calf. The knee protector is held in place with three pieces of velcro on the sleeve. Overall, it is a very comfortable setup and I've never had them slip. When it is hot out, I like to take off my pads while shuttling so the only downside to these pads are that you can't remove the knee sleeves without taking off your shoes too.

    Huck N Roll has really good pics of the Alpinestars from front and back. I tooks like they are help in place with 3 straps.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KTMDirtFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by charvey9 View Post
    The Lopes guards have a neoprene sleeve that you slip on over your knee first. The sleeve covers front and back of your knee and about halfway down the calf. The rigid piece of the guard is backed with more padding and has two staps that hold it in place on your calf. The knee protector is held in place with three pieces of velcro on the sleeve. Overall, it is a very comfortable setup and I've never had them slip. When it is hot out, I like to take off my pads while shuttling so the only downside to these pads are that you can't remove the knee sleeves without taking off your shoes too.

    has really good pics of the Alpinestars from front and back. I tooks like they are help in place with 3 straps.
    ThanksI found some better pics of the alpinestars on another site.

    The troy lee's look good, although they look like they could be crazy hot? I wear my pads for everything, climbing, going down, jumping. my motorcycle..etc.

    I ended up ordering the race face flanks, if they dont work out i'll try the troy lee's. I have tried so many pads in the last couple years lol. The one thing is if they don't have a full wrap around sock I wont even consider them. Those straps looks pretty thick on the alpinestars though.

    Edit: I think I'll get a set of those Troy Lee's as well. Those look like a really good design.
    Last edited by KTMDirtFace; 06-09-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Race Face Dig Knee Pads Large $22
    By bing! in forum Where are the Best Deals?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 12:22 PM
  2. Race Face Flank d3o Knees Pad.
    By Drth Vadr in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 04:34 PM
  3. Race Face - Knee /Shin pads 09
    By Karve in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 10:33 AM
  4. Jenson beats Chainlove on this: Race Face Indy leg/knee pads $9,
    By BigBull in forum Where are the Best Deals?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 03:21 PM
  5. Race Face Knee Pads
    By SHIVER ME TIMBERS in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-05-2004, 05:04 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.