R9 is done......almost- Mtbr.com
    3 "fiddy" for short

R9 is done......almost

All I need to do is pick up the front wheel tomorrow and finish tuning the rear derailleur. After a brief parking lot ride I can say that it feels like it will do alright on the dirt.

mtbr member
    sick, congrats

Turkey Vulture N Training
    looking dope

N* Bomber Crew
    Super hot bike.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Still a child inside...

what a beauty...

Is flexy
    That thing looks nice as hell... good work

3 "fiddy" for short
    Thanks guys. I just got the front wheel and finished a few other things up and it is COMPLETE!! I will post a better daytime-notsodark-inthebasement picture later.

mtbr member
    Very cool

3 "fiddy" for short
    Sunny days make for good pics.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Take the bumpers off of you 888 and it will be mint.

Glad to Be Alive
    very nice
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

3 "fiddy" for short
    ********UPDATE*******

I have two rides on the bike now and must say that it is a BLAST to ride. Everything seems/seemed dialed until.........................

tonight when I sent the freakin' rear derailleur into the wheel. Bent hanger, toasted X9, and a wheel that needs to be trued. I guess it could have been worse, but I still feel like a real PILE. The good thing is Bruce at Sinister is all over the hangers, Im working on a new rear derailleur, and a buddy of mine is taking on the wheel. So I should have it up and running in a few days. Just in time for me to go to work for another week.

Cinchy is a cool word ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMauler
    looking dope
    rkl is the sickest band that there ever was and will be
    rip bomer and jason

Me hates pinchflat
    niiiice
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

Turkey Vulture N Training
    Quote Originally Posted by skankinpickle
    rkl is the sickest band that there ever was and will be
    rip bomer and jason
    Bro **** ya, haha SB Born and Bred RIP

oh ya, That bike is SICK

Living the High Life
    Hey man, I'm looking at an R9, how is that thing in tighter corners? That's the only hold back I have, the long wheel base looks great for higher speeds and bumps.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    Hey man, I'm looking at an R9, how is that thing in tighter corners? That's the only hold back I have, the long wheel base looks great for higher speeds and bumps.
    It's slack and long. The tight cornering isn't the best. But it's never really bothered me.

Living the High Life
    I'm going to be racing with the bike, but I also want to be able to freeride a bit with it, catwalks and logs. That and the race course at Keystone usually includes Wild Thing, which has some tight rocky switchbacks. I think it won't make much difference, because I'm a little slow in there with my FR bike right now anyway. But for rock gardens, straight drops, jumps with long smooth take offs and open ground I think that bike will do great.

That and I'm 6'1" and my arm span is about 6'5" (I guess I'm related to an ape somewhere along the line) so the long frame looks like it would fit me great.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    I'm going to be racing with the bike, but I also want to be able to freeride a bit with it, catwalks and logs. That and the race course at Keystone usually includes Wild Thing, which has some tight rocky switchbacks. I think it won't make much difference, because I'm a little slow in there with my FR bike right now anyway. But for rock gardens, straight drops, jumps with long smooth take offs and open ground I think that bike will do great.

That and I'm 6'1" and my arm span is about 6'5" (I guess I'm related to an ape somewhere along the line) so the long frame looks like it would fit me great.
    I'm 6'1" as well and felt right at home on the long frame. The bike handles great in most situations, and what you loose in the slow tight corners you'll make up in the high speed sections.

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    great bike. I couldn't help but notice the seatpost and stem lengths. did you leave them like that on purpose?

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM
    great bike. I couldn't help but notice the seatpost and stem lengths. did you leave them like that on purpose?
    The seatpost is a work in progress. Im trying to get the feel that I want, so I have been slowly hacking the post to length.

The stem is the direct mount (53mm). You may have meant the steerer tube lenght, and that was left a little long incase I wanted to use a stem other than the direct mount.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Where did you buy your frame?

3 "fiddy" for short
    It was on Ebay a while ago through High Intensity Bike Shop in New Hampshire. I have been looking around for fun now that I have mine and I have yet to see another for sale. I was VERY lucky to get this one (the size is a Long). Check Germantown Cycles down in MD. I know that they have a Shorty, or atleast they did last week when I talked to them. Their contact info is on the Sinister site under the dealers link.

mtbr member
    My friend's neighbor owns Germantown Cycles, so he always gets discounts on stuff from there... I wish I could switch houses with him and get those discounts instead. Oh well, I guess i'll just have to live with paying full price for everything. Anyway, that bike looks awesome man, nice job.
    Moderatio est Figmentum - Control is an Illusion

Members who have read this thread: 0