questions...new saint cranks- Mtbr.com
    Glad to Be Alive

questions...new saint cranks

Anybody running the honeycomb bash quard with them and what chain guide works best??
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Ran Saints with a Gamut P30 for a while, but i had to dremmel off a touch from both guides to get them to fit, didn't really work.

Binned off the ring and got an LG1 in the end.

AKA shitbird
    I just got new saint crank last week. Didn't like the looks of the black honeycomb guard so I put my old e13 on. Had to dremel a little bit off the e13 bash gaurd or else it didn't seat on the spider cause the crank arms are a little thicker than normal. No biggie though, literally a 2 minute job.

I'm using the transition chainguide and haven't run into any problems.
    JRA

Meh.
    e13 has the new Saint specific bashguard to be run with the regular chainguides. Otherwise the spider is too thick and leaves too big of a gap.

Glad to Be Alive
    looks like I am using the MRP G2 chainguide

Ryan over at MRP said will be no problem at all

check this out and a 1/4 pound lighter then slalom
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm running the MRP G2 chainguide with my new Saints. Works awesome, much cleaner than my old E13 STS, and a better taco design than the E13 LG1 (MRP finally learned to patent their innovations).

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by watermoccasin
    I'm running the MRP G2 chainguide with my new Saints. Works awesome, much cleaner than my old E13 STS, and a better taco design than the E13 LG1 (MRP finally learned to patent their innovations).
    just what I wanted to see....thanks

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    I installed a G2 with new Saint's on a friends Jedi with no problems either. (Strange to mount it 60 some-odd degrees from normal...)
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

Slap happy crappiness
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    looks like I am using the MRP G2 chainguide

Ryan over at MRP said will be no problem at all

check this out and a 1/4 pound lighter then slalom
    The LG-1 mounts up just fine too, no problems at all.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

GAME ON!
    g2 is a good choice.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Another new Saint Question

I figured i would post my question here instead of starting a new thread.

For the new Saints (single ring version) I was planning on just getting the crankarms and separately purchasing an e13 36t guidering and the new redesigned e13 SRS. I was reading an article on sicklines stating that some chainguide systems are a pain in the ass to mount on the new saints.

from sicklines:
    "There are a few additional noteworthy changes however that are worth mentioning that on the surface might not be as apparent. The spider as you might be able to see is reworked and fitting an after market bash ring on these cranks probably won’t happen (or be easy) until the chain guide companies start to make Saint specific bash rings as the spider has significantly wider chain ring mounting tabs." They further talked about modding an old e13 SRS with the shimano saint specific bashguard.

My question:
    So has anyone had any experience with the new e13 SRS being mounted on the saints?
    Thanks for the help
    -08 Santa Cruz Bullit
    -06 Santa Cruz Chameleon
    -06 Santa Cruz Heckler

THELAND photographer
    Zub.

you gotta fix your sig....you have an

-08 SC Bullit Frame fork and shock......

also

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/189...uide-White.htm

just put that on there and buy a shimano bashguard and sell the e13 one.....it would probably end up costing the same

-> SickLines.com <-
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    I installed a G2 with new Saint's on a friends Jedi with no problems either. (Strange to mount it 60 some-odd degrees from normal...)
    Not sure if you know, but MRP makes a wide backplate for the G2 / Jedi, you should've hit them up if you didn't (or the Canfield Bros).
    Last edited by mtb_biker; 03-25-2009 at 08:21 AM.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by zubster89
    I figured i would post my question here instead of starting a new thread.

For the new Saints (single ring version) I was planning on just getting the crankarms and separately purchasing an e13 36t guidering and the new redesigned e13 SRS. I was reading an article on sicklines stating that some chainguide systems are a pain in the ass to mount on the new saints.

from sicklines:
    "There are a few additional noteworthy changes however that are worth mentioning that on the surface might not be as apparent. The spider as you might be able to see is reworked and fitting an after market bash ring on these cranks probably won’t happen (or be easy) until the chain guide companies start to make Saint specific bash rings as the spider has significantly wider chain ring mounting tabs." They further talked about modding an old e13 SRS with the shimano saint specific bashguard.

My question:
    So has anyone had any experience with the new e13 SRS being mounted on the saints?
    Thanks for the help
    As I said, e13 makes a Saint specific bashguard.

Members who have read this thread: 0