questions about racing DS and DH- Mtbr.com
    Mendo Bay Rider
    Oct 2006

questions about racing DS and DH

so, i'm 16 and want to get into racing DS and maybe DH. The bike i have now is a 06 santacruz chameleon (HT). when i got the bike, i chose the AM X.9 build kit and a pike 454 fork, and i have just put a bashring and chain guide on it. I know it will work good for racing DS, but i'm not shure about DH, what do you think?

I am planing on racing at the sea otter this year, so if somebody has a pic of the whole DS and DH course can you post it please, because i want to make shure the jumps aren't way over my head.

thanks a lot,
    colin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinBelisle
    so, i'm 16 and want to get into racing DS and maybe DH. The bike i have now is a 06 santacruz chameleon (HT). when i got the bike, i chose the AM X.9 build kit and a pike 454 fork, and i have just put a bashring and chain guide on it. I know it will work good for racing DS, but i'm not shure about DH, what do you think?

I am planing on racing at the sea otter this year, so if somebody has a pic of the whole DS and DH course can you post it please, because i want to make shure the jumps aren't way over my head.

thanks a lot,
    colin
    a chameleon will be perfect for both the SOC DS and DH courses...you'll be lovin it on that bike.

Glad to Be Alive
    ride it.....nice bike for what you want
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    ride it.....nice bike for what you want
    You are a clueless post whore. I'm gonna have you banned for your own good.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    You are a clueless post whore. I'm gonna have you banned for your own good.
    shorter bike......better for DS
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    im also going to reace for the first time at sea otter this year, if u live in cali u might want to cheak out the CCDX race(i think thats the name) if possibel could some one give him the link im not on my compter

ride hard take risks
    HT will be fine at the Otter

http://www.cccx.org/mtbdh/2006/index.shtml
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfreerider510
    a chameleon will be perfect for both the SOC DS and DH courses...you'll be lovin it on that bike.
    I see that you've put me in your sig. Cool.

The Chameleon is a very very versatile bike. It should do well at Sea Otter.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    I see that you've put me in your sig. Cool.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

-> SickLines.com <-
    Make sure you have a really good chain guide (or at least one that works really well. There's nothing like a crappy chainguide costing you a race/fun.

Mendo Bay Rider
    Oct 2006
    hey, thanks for the help, i'm for shure going to race, also, would u suggest clipless pedals or not?, because it sounds like there is a lot of pedaling going on in the race.

as for the chain guide, i have a blackspire stinger with a e.13 supercharger bash ring. i have the stinger because i am running a 22/36/bash setup. the chain has never come off though .

that other race sounds cool, i'll try and make it.

thanks
    colin

-> SickLines.com <-
    if you're running a double chainring be careful while the chain may not drop off the crank, if it goes into your granny ring that would suck but either way i'm sure you'll have fun.

If you're comfortable running clips, bring both pedals just incase since you've never raced before.

When in doubt, go faster
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinBelisle

thanks a lot,
    colin
    Heh, hey colin. I'm going to race DH this year too. Not DS though... Anyways see you down there

Members who have read this thread: 0