Question for MicroHuck...- Mtbr.com
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Question for MicroHuck...

....about your signature:
    Freeriding = Anything that requires High Bars and Low Seat.
    If we are both riding the same trail, at the same time and I can ride it with my saddle up and bars low, and you "have to" have your saddle down and bars up,
    are you Freeriding and I am not Freeriding?

Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm...
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Kill that $hit!
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy

If we are both riding the same trail, at the same time and I can ride it with my saddle up and bars low, and you "have to" have your saddle down and bars up,

Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Burned....................

mtbr member

Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm...
    ???? ok make that 99.90% useless posts! j/k

Note that I said, "required". If you were riding a trail with the seat above the bars, then I think we're safe to say the low seat isn't required. Unless of course you have freakishly long arms that are 6 ft long.

If you can huck a 7 ft drop with you seat way up, then I give you full props. Until then...

There's a good reason FR bikes have high handle bars and lower seats. It's only required if you don't like doing face plants every time you jump.

BTW, I should get some ice for that burn!

ohh wait, it was just a sun tan, no burning...

Quote Originally Posted by MicroHuck
    ???? ok make that 99.90% useless posts! j/k

Note that I said, "required". If you were riding a trail with the seat above the bars, then I think we're safe to say the low seat isn't required. Unless of course you have freakishly long arms that are 6 ft long.
    But if another rider can not ride that same trail with a high saddle - they need to lower the seat - are they "Freeriding?"
    What if I need to lower the saddle to ride it on my rigid bike (Freeriding?) and can keep the saddle high on the 6" bouncy (not Freeriding)?

What is "required" is going to vary from rider-to-rider and bike-to-bike.

If you can huck a 7 ft drop with you seat way up, then I give you full props. Until then...
    Never claimed I could. In fact far from it. But if a rider can do a 7' drop with the saddle up does that mean he is NOT "Freeriding?"

There's a good reason FR bikes have high handle bars and lower seats. It's only required if you don't like doing face plants every time you jump.
    Do you mean if you are not jumping you are not Freeriding? What about ladder bridges, chutes and skinnys?

BTW, I should get some ice for that burn!

ohh wait, it was just a sun tan, no burning...
    No burn intended. Just wondering. It is one of those statements that makes you say "Hmmmmm?"
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    But if another rider can not ride that same trail with a high saddle - they need to lower the seat - are they "Freeriding?"
    What if I need to lower the saddle to ride it on my rigid bike (Freeriding?) and can keep the saddle high on the 6" bouncy (not Freeriding)?

Never claimed I could. In fact far from it. But if a rider can do a 7' drop with the saddle up does that mean he is NOT "Freeriding?"

Do you mean if you are not jumping you are not Freeriding? What about ladder bridges, chutes and skinnys?

No burn intended. Just wondering. It is one of those statements that makes you say "Hmmmmm?"
    Hey keep your logic out of here!

I'll keep my fallacious arguements to myself, thank you very much.

If someone needs to lower the seat where another person has theirs way up, they are not freeriding, they just suck

Freeride = Free to do what ever the hell you want.

BTW, how's your transition from XC champ to FR biker coming along?

Last I checked you were working on mastering the skinnies. Have you tried going into any jumps yet? Your bike is plenty capable. Or were you just looking for a comfy ride? Seriously.

Xtremely Moderate
    I took a philosophy class once that was much like this thread.................where's my bong.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

user-created

Yes I'm serious

Never claimed I could [do a 7 foot drop]. In fact far from it.
    I think you can, and I want to see it! (seriously)

edit: I'm mean seriously as in seriously, and not some sort of off-hand comfort-bike seriously way. Seriously.

edit edit: Seriously, like this guy. Got tension disc? No, I'm just kidding about that, not serious.

WTF? EIO, pass me the bong.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by singletrack; 05-12-2005 at 08:36 PM. Reason: This is the most fun i've ever had with a single post.

BTW, how's your transition from XC champ to FR biker coming along?

Last I checked you were working on mastering the skinnies. Have you tried going into any jumps yet? Your bike is plenty capable. Or were you just looking for a comfy ride? Seriously.
    Still working on it. You never stop learning new techniques.

Saturday I am heading to Falls City/Black Rock with the Eugene Freeriders gang to see what I can do. Been having trouble finding stuff big enough to air out the Coiler around here.

What I have noticed is the Coiler lets me just cruise over stuff, without thinking about it, that is a challenge on my hardtail. Sort of takes the fun out of the ride sometimes. Makes it too easy.
    mtbtires.com

Glad to Be Alive
    Still working on it. You never stop learning new techniques.

Saturday I am heading to Falls City/Black Rock with the Eugene Freeriders gang to see what I can do. Been having trouble finding stuff big enough to air out the Coiler around here.

What I have noticed is the Coiler lets me just cruise over stuff, without thinking about it, that is a challenge on my hardtail. Sort of takes the fun out of the ride sometimes. Makes it too easy.
    shiggy go the following Saturday and I will be there..would love to see you
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    shiggy go the following Saturday and I will be there..would love to see you
    Wish I could. I have trail work parties scheduled for Friday and Saturday next week and an XC race in Bend on Sunday.
    mtbtires.com

Glad to Be Alive
    Wish I could. I have trail work parties scheduled for Friday and Saturday next week and an XC race in Bend on Sunday.
    damm..gotta cancel saturday the 21st....
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

surf-ride-repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    damm..gotta cancel saturday the 21st....

Timbers... I think we are heading to Ashaland for the freeride comp if it happens on the 21st... word?

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    I think you can, and I want to see it! (seriously)

edit: I'm mean seriously as in seriously, and not some sort of off-hand comfort-bike seriously way. Seriously.

edit edit: Seriously, like this guy. Got tension disc? No, I'm just kidding about that, not serious.

WTF? EIO, pass me the bong.
    WTF? Who is that guy anyhow and what does he know about riding? Drop bars, disc rear wheel, 7 - Eleven shorts, Accutrac fork... It's like he can't decide whether he wants to be a CC Racer, DHer, roadie or rancher and what's with the mullet and Blades?

You're a friggin' N00b singletrack, it's clear to anyone watching that you haven't the slightest f***ing idea what is going on in the FR world. Sh*t, it wouldn't suprise me in the slightest to find you cruising around some po-dunk town in the west on a hardtail sporting a Shockster. Get with the program before you find yourself in the same shoes as that loser in your stupid picture...

Oh, and thanks for stealing my SN you poseur dork.

stop...safety first

Starts with a T....

Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    WTF? Who is that guy anyhow and what does he know about riding? Drop bars, disc rear wheel, 7 - Eleven shorts, Accutrac fork... It's like he can't decide whether he wants to be a CC Racer, DHer, roadie or rancher and what's with the mullet and Blades?

You're a friggin' N00b singletrack, it's clear to anyone watching that you haven't the slightest f***ing idea what is going on in the FR world. Sh*t, it wouldn't suprise me in the slightest to find you cruising around some po-dunk town in the west on a hardtail sporting a Shockster. Get with the program before you find yourself in the same shoes as that loser in your stupid picture...

Oh, and thanks for stealing my SN you poseur dork.
    Its hard to spot sarcasm on the net, so Im not sure If you were SERIOUS about that pic. The rider's name is John and he knew exactly what he was doing. He won the MTB XC nationals on that crazy combo bike. Last name starts with a T.....

definitely an SN poach thuogh...seriously

user-created
    You're a friggin' N00b singletrack, it's clear to anyone watching that you haven't the slightest f***ing idea what is going on in the FR world.
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by TubeSSnapper
    definitely an SN poach thuogh...seriously
    No way I was posting here before that hack was even born.

I've been searching for a pic of JT's PI dh skinsuit from the MM kamakazie. No luck. I'm totally serious. I did find this recall notice for my old fork though. I think doub1etrack just bought one these to compliment his flex stem and gel saddle.
    Last edited by singletrack; 05-13-2005 at 12:40 PM.

Pro Crastinator
    ....If you can huck a 7 ft drop with you seat way up, then I give you full props. Until then...
    Alloy rocks the high ass seat and flat bars all the time......

locked - time out
    Seriously?

I've been searching for a pic of JT's PI dh skinsuit from the MM kamakazie. No luck. I'm totally serious. I did find this recall notice for my old fork though. I think doub1etrack just bought one these to compliment his flex stem and gel saddle.
    TubeSSnapper - you were right, I was just being a [email protected] You were also right about Joel hijacking my SN too - what can I say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right?

I can't believe that you can't find a pic of the infamous skin suit - I just saw a picture of it not too long ago.

Thanks for the heads up on the safety recall - but I traded that fork in for a more modern DH specific beauty, the Manitou EFC. I've got nothing to worry about now.

stop...safety first

I checked a calendar...

[QUOTE=singletrack]Seriously?

Oops, I checked a calendar and feb 2004 is actually BEFORE Aug 2004 THAT year. Its hard to keep up with times I guess. they are both better than Wideflatfireroad

user-created
    Quote Originally Posted by doub1etrack
    Thanks for the heads up on the safety recall - but I traded that fork in for a more modern DH specific beauty, the Manitou EFC.
    Whoa, Thru-Axle. Hubba-Hubba. That's some serioooous sh1t.

FYI: A google search for "Future Shock" results in bad techno music.

locked - time out
    Whoa, Thru-Axle. Hubba-Hubba. That's some serioooous sh1t.

FYI: A google search for "Future Shock" results in bad techno music.
    EFC? Thru axle? Not this beast, this was the first DH specific fork that I remember seeing, I think it had a whopping 3.5" of travel - good stuff.

I thought Skinny Puppy had a song / album titiled "Future Shock"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    Alloy rocks the high ass seat and flat bars all the time......

There ya go!

-shiggy, Earthbound Hucker
    mtbtires.com

user-created
    EFC? Thru axle? Not this beast, this was the first DH specific fork that I remember seeing, I think it had a whopping 3.5" of travel - good stuff.
    Dewd, for real I'm serious. The EFC had a thru-axle option. Look it up, junior.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by pdirt
    Timbers... I think we are heading to Ashaland for the freeride comp if it happens on the 21st... word?

I am in...

Glad to Be Alive
    There ya go!

-shiggy, Earthbound Hucker
    man alloy is off the hook...shiggy Microhuck isn't worth it...some dumb stuff lately