Q's about crown positions on a boxxer ride- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Q's about crown positions on a boxxer ride

I am just finishing up the install and not sure about the position of the crowns on the sanction tubes.
    This is the current setup:

There is 1" from the top crown to the top of the sanction and about 5.5" of distance from the bottom crown to the fork start.

What factors determine the position of the crowns?

The bike is setup for freeride/aggresive trail riding, not really into jumps or hucking stuff and I will be climbing up most trails I ride down (no shuttles or lifts).
    My understanding is that I want to have a decreased head angle for climbing so the bike doesnt want to wheelie going up.
    However with the e.13 stem I am using the handle bar height is also lowered.

I havent finished the bike yet, I am going to go for a ride this weekend and see how it feels but I am not sure what I should look for when I am tweaking these last few things.
    I am also probably going to get a different handlebar so I could get a handlebar that has a higher rise to compensate if I want to drop the crowns further down the sanction tubes.

fork is a boxxer ride on a SC heckler with 5th element coil with 5" of rear travel. getting a dhx coil 2.25" stroke when funds allow.

SMT Supporter
    you need a flat top crown dude! beacuse your headtube is short for the drop crown you got.

moaaar shimz
    Yeah, and you want a high seat angle to climb well. Anything below 69.5 SA is bad for climbing right?

-> SickLines.com <-
    measure your headtube.

Short model fits bikes with headtube length of up to 160mm

Any longer and you use the long model crown.

My headtube was barely too long for the low crown so i had to get the long one

moaaar shimz
    If you leave the Boxxer Ride with a setting such as 160mm of travel for a long time can it damage the fork or something?
    Last edited by tacubaya; 07-07-2006 at 04:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    no..........

moaaar shimz
    Okay

Members who have read this thread: 0