QR dual crown forks- Mtbr.com
    i should be working

QR dual crown forks

how many of you guys run dual crown forks with QR axels? i've seen a few good deals for DC forks that have QR axles on ebay but i'm weary about getting one.

the reason i ask is because i already have a 20mm dirt jumper and i remember when i got it i was blown away by how much stiffer it felt comparted to my QR dirt jumper. if i have two 20mm forks then i will also be wasting 2 QR front wheels i have for spares. and i'll have to build up a new front wheel. i'm trying to save some $$ here too.

one thing i was also wondering is how compatible are the lowers of marz forks? i just busted the crown on my QR dirt jumper and i dont think it will be waranted so i think i'll have some spare parts. i saw a drop-off on ebay that had QR drop outs and i was wondering if i could switch the lowers from my 20mm dirt jumper to that. then i'd have a 20mm dual crown fork.

am i making too big a deal out of having a 20mm front axle? it made a huge different on when i got my dirt jumpers, but thats a SC fork. will it be that big of a difference with a dual crown?

Cynical Bystander
    Some of the 02 Jr. Ts have QR I think. Not too sure....
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by rpl3000
    ...................one thing i was also wondering is how compatible are the lowers of marz forks? i just busted the crown on my QR dirt jumper and i dont think it will be waranted so i think i'll have some spare parts. i saw a drop-off on ebay that had QR drop outs and i was wondering if i could switch the lowers from my 20mm dirt jumper to that. then i'd have a 20mm dual crown fork..........................
    funny you should ask this, i broke the rebound assembly on my old dirtjumper and used the 20mm DJ1 lowers on a Z1 with qr lowers to turn it into a thru axle....
    i actually called marz before i did this and they said it would work just fine....and it does

mtbr member
    May 2004

get a 20mm

I think you will happy with a 20mm. It just turns better.. You can find 03 sup T for around 350 used. If you have 2 bikes with 20mm wheels you can have a street tire on one and dirt on second.

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    a good mate of mine has QR on his jnr-T and hes had nothing but problems with it...he bent the lowers that connect to the QR axel outwards...thus his wheel fell out a couple of times...and he bent them back but the thread is now screwed...not only that but the fork has screwed his 300 Aerial Industries front hub due to it...dont get QR if ur going big...ull destroy the QR and have to get a new fork or rebuild it...

hes having to either buy new lowers for his forks or get a new fork simply because of the fact he got QR instead of a 20mm thru...so dont get QR if u go big or if the fork is going to be long term coz it cant really take it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

i should be working

thanks

i've been leaning to 20mm but i hate to waste 2 qr front wheels. it will probably cost me about 90$ to change a wheel over to 20mm (60$ hub + 30$ spokes).

i guess i could change the lowers on my DJ3 back to QR but i really like the added stiffness i get from it.

arg! so many parts so little money.