Which Push tuning?- Mtbr.com
    Is flexy

Which Push tuning?

My roco has been damn good but I figure its time to have the oil changed so why not send it to push? My question is which service to get? Factory rebuild ($105), Factory Tuning ($180) or the Factory Race ($215)? I'm leaning towards the Factory tuning because the rebuild sounds like just that... a basic re-build. I'm just not sure if the Factory Race tuning is really worth the extra $35. My other question is one I have it tuned and get all of their fancy internals then I can just send it in say one a year for just the re-build and not need to get it re-tuned every time right?
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

Glad to Be Alive
    if the shock is pretty damn good then just get the oil changed and nothing else
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Bike Ninja |||
    Factory race. it's the shiz. take the rocco to a whole new level!
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

Is flexy
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    if the shock is pretty damn good then just get the oil changed and nothing else

There is always room for improvement. My big gripe with the roco is the lack of small bump sensitivity. Don't get me wrong it is plush as hell but if they can make it perform even better then why not do it? You tell people about the Works tuning for forks but then I ask you... why send a good fork to get tuned and not just an oil change then but not the rear shock?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    go for the race!
    Go BIG or Go HOME

Is flexy
    Thanks jerks... I was kind of hoping to hear "Nah the race isn't worth the extra money, just get the factory."

Is there a noticeable difference between the factory and race tunes? Anyone have experience with both on say the same shock or same bike perhaps?

Broken and dizzy
    Al I know is I got the Race Tune on my old VanRC and it was a night and day difference. IT was worth the extra $$ IMO.

Bike Ninja |||
    Quote Originally Posted by njhcx4xlife
    Thanks jerks... I was kind of hoping to hear "Nah the race isn't worth the extra money, just get the factory."

Is there a noticeable difference between the factory and race tunes? Anyone have experience with both on say the same shock or same bike perhaps?

I've rode them all back to back to back (stock, factory, and race)
    and the factory and race felt quite similar, however they both blew the stock rocco out of the water. raised the bar significantly.

As far as being worth the extra 35 bucks? well... if you're already dropping the cash, might as well go all out.

IMO the race felt a bit better, but it was also the fact that by the time i got to ride on that shock example i was used to where i was riding and so forth.

Is flexy
    Thanks for the input and a very valid point about the fact that if I'm dropping the 180 why not just spend the extra money at that point. Once I get it Factory Race tuned it does not need that service again right... just a basic rebuild as necessary?

Bike Ninja |||
    Quote Originally Posted by njhcx4xlife
    Thanks for the input and a very valid point about the fact that if I'm dropping the 180 why not just spend the extra money at that point. Once I get it Factory Race tuned it does not need that service again right... just a basic rebuild as necessary?

as far as i know yes. i'd only have push rebuild it from that point out, as factory spec is no longer going to apply.

Members who have read this thread: 0