Pump tracks- Mtbr.com

Thread: Pump tracks

mtbr member

Pump tracks

i was looking on www.leelikesbikes.com and saw those pump tracks. anyone have one? how do you like it? worth the time and effort? i have a nice little lot of land i could build one on and i'm definantly considering.

mtbr member
    im trying to get my firends to help me build one but they though they were cool by only haveing 1 full supension bike, which is not as fun doing pump stuff wuth

ride hard take risks
    Definatly worth building, makes the trail riding alot faster & better control.

MTBR Mafia
    Ya seems like it would be awesome for riding skills
    All Mountain was so 2005

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I started on one in early Feb in my backyard. I only got a few rollers and two berms started before the rain kicked back up, it's been too muddy for anything since.

I've had a couple sessions on just what I've built though and it was super fun. I can't wait to finish it this spring.

ride hard take risks
    Tell me about the rain, my pump track had ponds till i started working on drainage. Now just need the rain to stop for good!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Tell me about the rain, my pump track had ponds till i started working on drainage. Now just need the rain to stop for good!
    very efficient use of space.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=thebikedoctor33]i was looking on www.leelikesbikes.com and saw those pump tracks. anyone have one? how do you like it? worth the time and effort? i have a nice little lot of land i could build one on and i'm definantly considering.[/QUOTE

We recently built one at Industrynine headquarters with the help of Team Morewood and a few local riders, and I must say it was definitly worth the time and effort. We used a bobcat owned by Industrynine to move the dirt because they had one handy, that allowed us to complete the track in little less than a day. If you only have a few people helping out and you want to build a really nice track in a short amount of time, renting a bobcat for the weekend from a local contractor's rental supply would be your best option. Plan out your design ahead of time and you can tweak the track to your liking as time progresses. Here are a few pics of the track that we built that resembles more of a mini BMX track than most of the track designs I have seen. The dirt jumps in the pics were already built, but we integrated them into the design.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    that track is sick. i'm thinking about renting a small backhoe to speed up the process come warm weather. the one at industynine if crazy, way beyond what i had in mind...

Moose Enthusiast
    Feb 2006
    i have a yard where i might be able to build one but it has a slight slope, would it still work? or do you need a perfectly flat area to build a pump trak?

dirt rules
    fyck that! just build a nice set of rythms....

eci
    pump tracks have many many many benefits. i would def suggest puttin one in your back yard.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by hofferfish
    i have a yard where i might be able to build one but it has a slight slope, would it still work? or do you need a perfectly flat area to build a pump trak?
    I found that almost anything will work, check out my yard. We had to go up a retaining wall down hill berm the section along the fence is lower, then the berm comming back to the porch is up hill slightly. Just start working on it, next thing you know you have a track.

Innovate or die!
    they have one here at carlmont, a local biking spot

tiny track with 4 bumps about 3-5 feet apart on each straight away, with two decent U berms on each end. Someone threw in a transferline too.

Thats really all you need, and holy crap it is ADDICTING. The game is to see how many in a row you can manual, or speed, or tag, or run counter-clockwise to mix it up. Tiny but effecient, and it probly took a day with shovels. sweet.
    170mm profile crankset, silver king headset barely used, new blackspire chainguide, old version hope mini brakes---- all for sale at i-wanna-get-rid-of-it prices. I'm gone all of july after the 10th, other than that PM me if interested.

surf-ride-repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingduck
    fyck that! just build a nice set of rythms....

Do both...

and mix and match

pwn3rator
    i built one in 3 hours, then my mom decided she wanted grass and the pump track left...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

V10 Freerider

Here is mine.

Still needs work.

Six pack:

the run out from the last jump leads to:

So far a few rollers and three berms.
    The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race

surf-ride-repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenschwinn
    Still needs work.

Six pack:
    Awesome... looks like the perfect slope/spot.

Members who have read this thread: 0