Protection for my fork- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Protection for my fork

It seems like everytime I crash the rocks have a magnet attached to them and the stanchions on my fork go for the rock every time. I have so many scratches in my fork that its going to really mess it up one day. Is there any form of protection for my fork (fox 40) that would protect the stanchions. I absolutely LOVE the one go-ride makes and I'd pay 100 bucks for it if they made one for the fox but they don't (hint hint go-ride). Anyone know of a place that I could get something to protect it at??? Thanks guys.. O yea and if anyone gets the results for the junior experts at mount snow hurry up and post em!!
    Ridin' the streets of C-P-T in N-O-V-A

Loves His Sunday
    Hey not gonna do too much but since no one else responded. Check out sealsavers.com. A lot of people use these in MX. They're really meant to keep crap out of your seals but they would at least protect the bottom part of your stanchion and seals. Here's a pic of a conventional fork as your is. But you may be able to modify one of the Inverted fork upper stanchion protectors to protect your whole stanchion. Anyway good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SAYNDESYN on the Iron Horse Sunday,

"There is no weekness. It is the bike that Jesus built after he gave up carpentry."

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by mxrider489
    Check out sealsavers.com. A lot of people use these in MX. They're really meant to keep crap out of your seals but they would at least protect the bottom part of your stanchion and seals.
    also known as Lizard Skins in the mtb world, or as i like to call them, automatic stanchion wet sanders. Not so bad on chromed steel sliders, but can get ugly after awhile on anodized aluminum.

My buddy didnt like the go-ride protectors, the plastic was too brittle and cracked at the mounts. That may hav been an older model tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

Loves His Sunday
    Yah I could see how they would have probs on the aluminum. And yah it's the same material as lizard skins but then so arent 1000's of other products. It's all about how you use it.

"There is no weekness. It is the bike that Jesus built after he gave up carpentry."

Disco-Superfly
    btw, he has a double thread, and got posts in his other one, case you didnt know (which I dont think you did)
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

Loves His Sunday
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    btw, he has a double thread, and got posts in his other one, case you didnt know (which I dont think you did)
    Nope didn't know. But it doesn't make a difference. I responded to this one.

29er wannabe

protection for my fork

Get hold of some black tectured polycarbonate plastic. Have a shop cut the desired length/width, stick it in an oven until it slightly softens ( 200 degree temperature), use a baseball bat to shape to aproximate curvature of the fork , 4 inches or so, then press against the lowers of the fork for the final fit.
    Make sure to wear gloves !

I made two sets of these for about $ 4.00 total.
    I'll send you a picture if that helps.

Gary

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    or as i like to call them, automatic stanchion wet sanders.
    good call
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pntballpunk51
    It seems like everytime I crash the rocks have a magnet attached to them and the stanchions on my fork go for the rock every time. I have so many scratches in my fork that its going to really mess it up one day. Is there any form of protection for my fork (fox 40) that would protect the stanchions. I absolutely LOVE the one go-ride makes and I'd pay 100 bucks for it if they made one for the fox but they don't (hint hint go-ride). Anyone know of a place that I could get something to protect it at??? Thanks guys.. O yea and if anyone gets the results for the junior experts at mount snow hurry up and post em!!
    man, thats rough. I'ld hate to scratch even my imaginary fox 40.
    seriously though, the only crashes i've took that affected my forks were a couple dings in the crown, lucky.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    also known as Lizard Skins in the mtb world, or as i like to call them, automatic stanchion wet sanders. Not so bad on chromed steel sliders, but can get ugly after awhile on anodized aluminum.

even if you keep them clean and don't ride in wet weather????
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days