Props report: PUSH industries custom tune and factory rebuild- Mtbr.com
    Bike Hustler

Props report: PUSH industries custom tune and factory rebuild

I just want to devote a thread to how happy I am with the overall experience I had with PUSH industries.

After a love/hate/love relationship with my IH Sunday I decided to give it one more chance with a Custom Tune and Factory Rebuild from PUSH. Right from the get go while looking over website for info I was impressed with the detailed breakdown of exactly what they do in the rebuild process for each specific shock they offer service for. And perhaps the most usefull part of the site... the little ticker int he upper corner that tells you when the next available service opening is to take advantage of they're 48 hr turnaround.

After an series of emails with one of the techs explaining what my riding style is like and what I was hoping to achieve with a custom tune they were super articulate in explaining both what I could expect and also the realistic limitations of what the bike will simply never do.

After filling out the online service application, I printed out the form and sent the shock off.
    Just as expected, on the day of my service appointment I got a call from the tech who was prepping my shock for the custom tune after the rebuild was done. We spent about a half hour breaking down the specifics of what I weigh, where I ride and more fine tuning of what I wanted the squish to feel like. I also got another call from a different tech who has logged some serious time on DW link bikes and he also advised that for what I was specifically after I might want to try and bump up to the next spring weight too.

Getting the shock back I was so stoked to open the nice padded box with a decal set and personalized tuning card with all the custom tune info and a range of suggested settings to stay within (ie" 0-5 clicks propedal form full out)

Amazing!

Basically the results as tested up at whistler were everything I had hoped for. The rear sits in a nice plush pocket but ramps up way more predictably and eliminated the squirty feeling off the lips of the mid to bigger jumps. They nailed it!

Highly suggested for anyone looking to take the love for they're bike to the next level!

SHAM-WOW

Glad to Be Alive
    Darren and the boys made another satisfied customer

seriously this place has the best customer satisfaction out of anyone in the biking industry
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

EastBaySteez
    If you dont mind me asking, what did they do to the DHX. I really prefer DW link matched to a non platform shock.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    do you think it would be worth it to get a factory tune for a fox van R?

i just have a simple ole single pivot..

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt 891

I think someone posted on here about their experience sending their van to get PUSHed and it was overwhelmingly positive. Do a search and you should be able to find the thread (unless I'm totally making this up, which is possible)

Glad to Be Alive

sorry if you here me laughing, but yes....just tell them what you want
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Pretty much all the feedback I've ever heard from PUSH was positive. So I sent them a Fox Vanilla RC to use with my 06 enduro. I'll agree with everything said above... they really rty to listen to you and set your bike up for the ride you want. Tell them all the details you can muster and they'll hit the nail on the head. I'm very happy with my shock and it makes me want to ride my bike even more. The only thing is, they're so popular, the lead time can get long... it took mine about a month, but in the end - I'm still smilin'

mtbr member
    I have praised the efforts of Darren et co. for a long time. They have worked on all of my fox products and have always given me exactly what I wanted (only once did I need to re-send the shock back to get it right).

www.pushindustries.com - one of the best MTB services out there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Another satisfied customer here, great experience!

Pivotal figure
    Now if they'd only offer service for DHX air...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

SamIAm
    i would want to get my dhx air pushed. or get a van for my SxT and push that. for resort only do you think a pushed van would be better than a dhx5 because i would not care about the propedal for that.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

mtbr member

absolutely.. i had a pushed van R on my old stinky that I replaced with a DHX 5. The pushed van R outperformed the stock DHX 5 in every way.

Members who have read this thread: 0