Pressure Suit vs. Flak Jacket- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Pressure Suit vs. Flak Jacket

What is a better suit for the money? I like how the rockgardn has removable are pads , but the 661 looks to have lots more padding in the chest. The rockgardn doesn't look like it has so much. What should I get? Thanks
    Sully

not really a noob
    go to a local shop and ask if they have them If so ask to try them on. And decide from there.
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

SXtreem now
    i have an 05 pressure suit and i love it. vary easy to move around in, removable spine pad, chest pad, and thumb stays so the sleevs dont slip up.

I bike long tyme.
    I have used both, both being 2004 models. IMO, the Flak Jacket is the better built of the two and in actuality, the Flak Jacket has better chest protection though just looking at photographs the 661 looks bulletproof in front. The Rockgardn has hard polymer insert plates in front while the 661 just has a wide cushiony pad. Though I liked the Flak Jacket better, I ended up selling it to my buddy and use the 661 solely as the Flak Jacket even with its multitude of adjustment straps, did not fit and sit as well as the 661 in the shoulders and elbows which are my main point of protective concern. The 661 is a fine piece, it's more cost effective (until you go big and break something big), ventilates a touch better than the Flak Jacket (I wear it directly on my skin under my jersey with no prob), has ample insurance on moderate impacts and will serve you well no doubt. The Rockgardn piece may serve you even better though as the padding is more extreme, vents reasonably and has top-notch collision protection. This is the piece to get if you push the envelope on shuttle runs and don't want to cash out $300.00 for a Dainese. Just as long as the fit is tailored to your build. Good luck, keep the rubber side down. - Ron B.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the Input
    Sully

I wanna talk to Samson!
    get what fits best.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I got a flak jacket last summer, and wore it a few times at big bear (rip), and i really liked it, although it didn't fit me all that well. I'm a really skinny bastard, and even though I got a small, it still didn't really fit, the elbows moved around a lot, and the shoulders weren't very tight either, there just isn't enough room on the velcro straps to make it tight enough for me.

I kinda jerry-rigged it to work last couple times i wore it by cutting up a sock and putting the elastic part from a sock over the arms, and that held those in place pretty well, and I just wore a jersey over it, and that held the shoulders in place fine.

I'm going to attack it with a sewing needle and readjust where the velcro is on it before i wear it again (which may be a while).

even despite that, i still was really happy with it, it breathed fairly well, and was pretty comfortable.

Former Noob Herder
    just a note, the 2005 stuff is quite different from the 2004 stuff. Personally dont think the pre-2004 Rockgardn stuff is worth it, but the 2005s seem to have addressed the major problem with the design.

Fit is important, and i dont just mean getting the right size. Older 661 models had off fitting shoulders and a particular model may be off for your proportions. At least try one of the two models to make a good decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!