presants (uhh, thats spelled "presents" guy...)- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 100 of 100
  1. #1
    not really a noob
    Reputation: hardcore newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,510

    presants

    wat did yall get 4 christmas?
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ScottW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,264

    A Dictionary!

    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoe newbie
    wat did yall get 4 christmas?
    nmnmnm

  3. #3
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    So far I've gotten...

    Ride Kink 156 snowboard
    Burton Freestyle bindings
    Earthed
    The Collective
    some Semi Slick High Rollers
    about a dozen pairs of biking socks
    X.9 shifter
    X.9 derailleur
    that King Arthur movie
    a Hendrix CD
    an issue of MBA in the stocking
    and a couple various shirts

    Still have to go to the relatives house in a few hours.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  4. #4
    not really a noob
    Reputation: hardcore newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,510
    same here i love having all my relative within 10 minutes of me
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Red Bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    well i got better presents than all of you combined. I clothes, only clothes, and what did i ask for? Definitely not clothes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

  6. #6
    not really a noob
    Reputation: hardcore newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,510

    Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    well i got better presents than all of you combined. I clothes, only clothes, and what did i ask for? Definitely not clothes
    well i got pajamas and a lava lamp and a jacket and a back pack ha ha ha
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

  7. #7
    100% Cheesy Goodness
    Reputation: sortafast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    489
    got my wife some chris king ISO hubs in pink. 20mm up front and a HD rear for here DH/FR bike. Her bike looks wicked b!tchen. So far I got money and one of them new kona paks that you can put a full face on the back. This bag is illin. Hopefully since I am so hard to shop for I will get more $$$ so I can buy a 888 or 66rc. But hey, still have to go have breakfast with the parents and grand parents so joy of receiving isn't over yet.
    Blaaah blaaah blaaah

  8. #8
    Xtremely Moderate
    Reputation: e<i>o's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,098
    This was my early xmas present. I've had it for a few weeks now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

  9. #9
    Say Car Ramrod!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,771
    Giro Mad Max 2
    Bell Skate Helmet
    Block Heater for my truck
    A Shirt
    I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MTBSully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,205
    I got......
    An Apple +HP Ipod 20gb
    HP Digital Camera
    2005 661 Full Bravo 2
    Need for Speed Underground 2
    Dirt Rag Magazine
    Mountian Biking Magazine
    Columbia Jacket
    Azonic Catalyst Racing Jersey
    Specalized Enduro Comp Gloves
    Clothes
    Spare tube
    Some Movies
    Bike $75 gift certificate to LBS
    Some other small stuff
    Sully

  11. #11
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBSully
    I got......
    An Apple +HP Ipod 20gb
    HP Digital Camera
    2005 661 Full Bravo 2
    Need for Speed Underground 2
    Dirt Rag Magazine
    Mountian Biking Magazine
    Columbia Jacket
    Azonic Catalyst Racing Jersey
    Specalized Enduro Comp Gloves
    Clothes
    Spare tube
    Some Movies
    Bike $75 gift certificate to LBS
    Some other small stuff
    That's a lot.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,473
    let's see so far (christmas eve) my parents haven't gotten up yet...
    Case of paint (evil midevil)
    New snowboarding gear (pants, jacket)
    Chain Reaction 5
    Subscription to Bicycling Magazine (it's more of a roadie mag IMO)
    Dakine Gloves (mine were full of holes)
    A little bicycle computer that I won't ever figure out how to use
    A bicycle tool with allen wrenches a knife, etc.
    A book(author i don't know)
    Another book(author i don't know)
    Yet another book (Jack London)
    A neat little mini calculator from my friends on San Juan Island
    The Belleville Triplets (a strange movie, if you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.)
    and that's it for now...
    EDIT: The catalog that comes with the subscription.

    But I see an envelope under the tree.
    Might get stuff in my stocking too.

    And then tonight I go to the other side of the family to collect from them...

  13. #13
    not really a noob
    Reputation: hardcore newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,510
    just got a 50$ gift card to pacsun
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MTBSully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    That's a lot.
    Dude u got a new snowboard and bindings, bunch of components and a bunch of movies. I'd say u didn't do so bad urself. I'm just glad I can now make more videos and take some pictures. (And have 5,000 songs in my pocket)
    Sully

  15. #15
    not really a noob
    Reputation: hardcore newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,510
    Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    This was my early xmas present. I've had it for a few weeks now.
    nice bike
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

  16. #16
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBSully
    Dude u got a new snowboard and bindings, bunch of components and a bunch of movies. I'd say u didn't do so bad urself. I'm just glad I can now make more videos and take some pictures. (And have 5,000 songs in my pocket)
    I know. I'm mostly just jealous of the iPod cuz I wanted one this year. lol.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  17. #17
    Deadhead
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    361
    Park TS2 truing stand; thanks Grandma. And the new '04 Norco Six that I bought as a gift to myself a a week or so ago.
    "If you can get both wheels sliding with no brakes, that's when you really know that you're cookin." Nathan Rennie

  18. #18
    No longer riding a haro!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    725
    I got:
    Park tools bike stand
    Elbow pads
    mba and a dirt rag magazine
    some sticky gloves
    2 xbox games and a dvd remote
    a dart board!!!
    and some clothes and other small stuff!!

  19. #19
    not really a noob
    Reputation: hardcore newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,510
    and i got subscriptions to 2 bike mags
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MTBSully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,205
    I was gonna get Dirt Magazine but (I swear I didn't know this) They siad it had more pictures of girls in it than MTB pics. So I got 2 other ones. Any other good DH and FR magazines?
    Sully

  21. #21
    Chinky on a Stinky
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,600
    how the hell do u guys get so much!?!?

    i got: bose ipod dock (stick ur ipod in and it plays the songs from it like a boombox)
    halo 2 + walkthrough + halo 2 soundtrack (but i got it on nov 9 so does that count as
    a christmas present?)
    half-life 2 + cs source
    clothes *10^20

    all my relatives are in china and nothing bike related, cant get my ht frame until summer

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: the Inbred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,471
    Quote Originally Posted by gratefulbiker
    Park TS2 truing stand; thanks Grandma. And the new '04 Norco Six that I bought as a gift to myself a a week or so ago.
    you have a badass grandma, man. i bought my TS-2 earlier this year, and god damn, i love it.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,473
    And a PSC-1
    $50
    Lottery Ticket

    we'll see what i get tonight though...

  24. #24
    fun things are fun
    Reputation: ran92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    85
    I got a new bike,P.2, and some old navy pjs (damn commercial)
    and a gift card to best buy
    you guys are lucky i had to pay for more than half of my present and i still had to wait 2 weeks to ride it. good thing it was only like 17 degrees out side this morning.
    "If your not getting dirty your not doing it right,
    unless you ride in the rain then your just muddy"

  25. #25
    MTB SOCAL
    Reputation: yangpei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,354

    Only one gift this year

    I got my present a week early. A new LR3 to haul my bikes and snowboards around! Oh yeah, I also got some Ugg boots! Merry Christmas everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kokopelli Racing

    "Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

  26. #26
    I wanna talk to Samson!
    Reputation: konabiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,303
    Quote Originally Posted by yangpei
    I got my present a week early. A new LR3 to haul my bikes and snowboards around! Oh yeah, I also got some Ugg boots! Merry Christmas everyone!
    droooool

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    629
    I got a $20 gift certificate to Blockbuster from someone who forgot that I'm Jewish. My best Christmas present ever.

  28. #28
    SXtreem now
    Reputation: RMXtreem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    322
    didnt do to bad myself:

    04' RMX Team! (early present to myself)
    661 Full Bravo Carbon helmet
    661 pressure suit
    661 race knee shin gaurds
    Havoc camelbak
    new clutch for my car(needed that bad)
    few CD's
    pair of Vans.......prolly some other odds and ends i cant think of

  29. #29
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    all I got was some rocks.......................





    to huck off them
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  30. #30
    Schmeow Productions
    Reputation: JBsoxB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by matt
    let's see so far (christmas eve) my parents haven't gotten up yet...
    Case of paint (evil midevil)
    New snowboarding gear (pants, jacket)
    Chain Reaction 5
    Subscription to Bicycling Magazine (it's more of a roadie mag IMO)
    Dakine Gloves (mine were full of holes)
    A little bicycle computer that I won't ever figure out how to use
    A bicycle tool with allen wrenches a knife, etc.
    A book(author i don't know)
    Another book(author i don't know)
    Yet another book (Jack London)
    A neat little mini calculator from my friends on San Juan Island
    The Belleville Triplets (a strange movie, if you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.)
    and that's it for now...
    EDIT: The catalog that comes with the subscription.

    But I see an envelope under the tree.
    Might get stuff in my stocking too.

    And then tonight I go to the other side of the family to collect from them...
    i got one of them too (i just used it to make my discbrake stop rubbing **damn 8" rotors!**)
    mine is by sharper image too...

  31. #31
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    oh yeah i got one of those female "Santas Little Helpers" oh yeah oh yeah!!!
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Felpur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    798

    Good job!

    ::grins:: I made out like a Bandit

    I got a digi camera (yay for upcoming action shots , boo on the cold in maine to make riding uncomfortable)

    what would xmas be with without a boatload of socks.......
    Lord of the rings Monoply
    A packed waterpipe from a buddy of mine
    a neat picture
    Gamecube game Streets of LA.
    $50 gift certificate from price-point....
    MBA subscription 1yr.

    Damm on the guy who got a Landrover looks impressive

    sounds like I made out better then some of you and worse then others....which sounds about right...

    EIO that strye is totaly pimpin........ Good for all of you.. Merry xmas as the feast will commence... We shall feast like Kings I tell ya!!

  33. #33
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    you are all spoiled rotten!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  34. #34
    SamIAm
    Reputation: SamL3227's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Felpur
    ::grins:: I made out like a Bandit

    I got a digi camera (yay for upcoming action shots , boo on the cold in maine to make riding uncomfortable)

    what would xmas be with without a boatload of socks.......
    Lord of the rings Monoply
    A packed waterpipe from a buddy of mine
    a neat picture
    Gamecube game Streets of LA.
    $50 gift certificate from price-point....
    MBA subscription 1yr.

    Damm on the guy who got a Landrover looks impressive

    sounds like I made out better then some of you and worse then others....which sounds about right...

    EIO that strye is totaly pimpin........ Good for all of you.. Merry xmas as the feast will commence... We shall feast like Kings I tell ya!!
    waterpipe eh? loaded you say? this should be my friend as well!
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

  35. #35
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Felpur
    what would xmas be with without a boatload of socks.......
    dont forget the underwear....

    its funny, the kids hate the socks and undies deal, but when you get older its all you really need...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  36. #36
    Yo Paseo El Scream
    Reputation: BansheeHucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    275
    I got..
    A brand new banshee scream 04

    P.S. will post some porn shots in about 3 weeks
    Banshee Bikes
    Honorary Member Of The 200 Club
    Sponsers
    SixSixOne
    Soul Cycles
    Kenda Tires

    Quote Originally Posted by BJ-
    ..."if i can jump it on my feet whilst running as fast as i can, then it aint worth jumping on a bike"...

  37. #37
    Yo Paseo El Scream
    Reputation: BansheeHucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    275
    and...
    a tool kit
    bunch of clothes
    halo 2
    wireless controllers
    and a book
    Banshee Bikes
    Honorary Member Of The 200 Club
    Sponsers
    SixSixOne
    Soul Cycles
    Kenda Tires

    Quote Originally Posted by BJ-
    ..."if i can jump it on my feet whilst running as fast as i can, then it aint worth jumping on a bike"...

  38. #38
    dnt b a clwn thro it down
    Reputation: Swoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    775
    I got a Panasonic PV-GS 12
    Giro MadMax 2 helmet
    661 Cedric Gracia gloves
    money for knee/shin gaurds
    money for goggles
    when I can find one a Dainese Safety Jacket
    a Chevelle CD
    A calander
    money
    and stickers

  39. #39
    I wanna talk to Samson!
    Reputation: konabiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,303
    hahahaha.
    i got:
    a camelback havoc (which is pimpin' by the way)
    a flexfit hat
    a t-shirt
    and a debt of 700 dollars

    i did get a practically brand new demo 9 5 days ago though, so i really dont care.

    my brother on the other hand got atleast 2 grand spent on him

  40. #40
    dnt b a clwn thro it down
    Reputation: Swoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    775
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    hahahaha.
    i got:
    a camelback havoc (which is pimpin' by the way)
    a flexfit hat
    a t-shirt
    and a debt of 700 dollars

    i did get a practically brand new demo 9 5 days ago though, so i really dont care.

    my brother on the other hand got atleast 2 grand spent on him
    But if you got a Demo 9 you got more than 2k spent on you....

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: East Coast Bender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    771
    North Shore X DVD
    3 biking shirts
    Manitou stance Flow fork
    biking posters
    SOAP!!actually i needed gritty soap to get the grease off my hands from my bike
    $200
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky05rider
    bmx is not dh/freeride....tight jeans are for girls

  42. #42
    go big or go home
    Reputation: bentimby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    914
    got my tires and a shitty rear wheel, thats all i got so far bike related, check it out tho, my banshees getting pretty damn close, all i need nows a headset and chain:
    Attached Images Attached Images

    Get off yer arse and on yere bike!

  43. #43
    go big or go home
    Reputation: bentimby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    So far I've gotten...

    Ride Kink 156 snowboard
    Burton Freestyle bindings
    Earthed
    The Collective
    some Semi Slick High Rollers
    about a dozen pairs of biking socks
    X.9 shifter
    X.9 derailleur
    that King Arthur movie
    a Hendrix CD
    an issue of MBA in the stocking
    and a couple various shirts

    Still have to go to the relatives house in a few hours.
    its all coming clear to me now how you can have 3 awesome bikes and dont have a job...

    Get off yer arse and on yere bike!

  44. #44
    I wanna talk to Samson!
    Reputation: konabiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop
    But if you got a Demo 9 you got more than 2k spent on you....
    not exactly...

    i bought it with all my own money. and you'd be surprised how good of a deal i got. see the thread i posted a week or so back.

    christmas really isnt as fun when your older. i had never seen my little bro and sis so stoked as they were yesterday, it was really cool.

  45. #45
    Doesnt ride Banshees
    Reputation: Banshee Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,406
    Easton carbon DH bar
    Sram X-0 rear derailer
    Sram X-9 shifter
    high roller + mobster
    some new padded lycra shorts

    and none bike related i got a new 158 Burton Custom with burton Cartel bindings. and i got some money thats going towards my wheelset to complete my gemini dh (wheels are all i need now)

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MTBSully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    not exactly...

    i bought it with all my own money. and you'd be surprised how good of a deal i got. see the thread i posted a week or so back.

    christmas really isnt as fun when your older. i had never seen my little bro and sis so stoked as they were yesterday, it was really cool.
    How much did you pay for it?
    Sully

  47. #47
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee Rider
    Easton carbon DH bar
    Sram X-0 rear derailer
    Sram X-9 shifter
    high roller + mobster
    some new padded lycra shorts

    and none bike related i got a new 158 Burton Custom with burton Cartel bindings. and i got some money thats going towards my wheelset to complete my gemini dh (wheels are all i need now)
    Sweet.....::drool:: those Cartel bindings are sweet looking.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  48. #48
    Doesnt ride Banshees
    Reputation: Banshee Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Sweet.....::drool:: those Cartel bindings are sweet looking.
    Yeah they are nice, cant wait to try em, i love the "new smell" i got taking em out of the box.

  49. #49
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    christmas really isnt as fun when your older. i had never seen my little bro and sis so stoked as they were yesterday, it was really cool.
    true, but there are things that i miss. Like this year my sis didnt stay over so we opened presents at like 4pm when she finally made it, which didnt feel right considering we already had guests over and there was no xmas breakfast (the only breakfast everyone has together....the only real breakfast food i ever eat). And i had to buy one of my own gifts, doesnt feel like a gift like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  50. #50
    Bad@ss NYC Freerider
    Reputation: Master_Jako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,382
    i got my rear derailer fixed, my BB replaced, and this

    should come within a week. cant wait...

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DJrider04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    524
    Man.....I just typed everything up, and accidently hit the back button

    Anyway.....Banshee, if you like your boots tight be careful when you crank them down. I need to get a new strap on my Greeds because of the capstrap not being tight enough. Ill throw in pics of my board with my list just for fun....

    2 2.35 Intense Edge FRO tires
    Polo cologne
    Earthed DVD
    bunch of little things
    $235 to go towards a frame or brakes
    as a late gift....some Dianese armor
    a clock
    some kickass coffee
    some boarding socks
    One Ball Jay tuning kit and hot wax (seriously...the best wax ive ever used, gives you so much stability)
    Hand warmers
    not too much this year, but it was a fun time...

    Some shots of my board...



    Quote Originally Posted by bulC
    freeriding ain't safe. sooner or later you will hurt or kill yourself.yer spokes aint' gonna make any difference less'n you get yer johnson caught in them

  52. #52
    Youngbuck
    Reputation: CanadianHooligan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    766
    I got:
    Bike:
    Fox 911 shin guards
    Dainese Elbow pads

    Non bike:
    Terrel Owens Jersey
    Autographed Joe Thornton Jersey
    $130
    NHL 2005 for ps2
    Madden 2005(ps2)
    GrandTheftAuto San Andreas(Ps2)
    Chocolate,Chocolate and more Chocolate
    Saint tuque
    Board game
    Several Books
    Pants
    Football
    This book bag thing
    Shimano Shirts
    Dodge Ball DVD
    Don Cherrys 16 DVD lol



    maybe more i forget
    Last edited by CanadianHooligan; 12-25-2004 at 08:41 PM.
    Honorary Member of the: 500 club

  53. #53
    BJ-
    BJ- is offline
    Rota Imports
    Reputation: BJ-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,669
    let me think...

    Specailized DEMO9 Pro...
    Mantou SPV Shock Pump...
    Disorder 5 (which is sooo sick by the way)...
    The Collective...
    TopPeak HUmmer EX Multi Tool...
    Troy Lee Design Craneo T-Shirt...
    Chain Lube...
    Socket Set...

    and thats what i bought myself...

    MRTP Designer Jockeys...
    Industrie Alarm Clock...
    Issue of AMB and FHM...
    A Dart Board...
    6 Pack of VBs...
    A Pack of Plastic Playing Cards...
    Too Much Chocolate...

    and when my dam Marzocchi Fender, SPY Alloy MX Goggles with Reflective Lense and Tear Offs and Ashlee Simpson DVD (drooling like a retard) come in...then yeh them to...

    someones a happy boy...



    (Yangpie so wins...but i think im a hard contender for 2nd...lets see your bike on the back dude...the DEMO looks sick hanging out the back of the Free Lander)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

  54. #54
    Bad@ss NYC Freerider
    Reputation: Master_Jako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,382
    man...all you guys got mad money...gettin new bikes, parts, videos, games, CARS...whew...wish i lived that life.....congrats to every one and have happy holidays...

  55. #55
    BJ-
    BJ- is offline
    Rota Imports
    Reputation: BJ-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Master_Jacko
    ...congrats to every one and have happy holidays...
    werd...

    all enjoy yourselves merry christmas and happy new year...im going to go enjoy myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    197
    Sure do wish I was younger, you just don't get very much stuff when you get older and are living on your own. Happy holidays to all of you.

  57. #57
    Say Car Ramrod!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,771

    Damn

    your finger looks huge on your right hand...camera angle or weird bone structure?
    I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    your finger looks huge on your right hand...camera angle or weird bone structure?

    Kinda like hellboy without the red color, just joking BJ. That sure is a sweet ride.

  59. #59
    wompy
    Reputation: bikergeoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    68
    are you getting high of those bindings banshee?

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    149
    I got a weyless 67 freeride bike, a giro mad max 2 full face helmet, troylee designs shin guards, 2 of those cool pillows, and a bunch of candy

    i already have my snowboard situation taken care of. i got a burton cruzer 160 with burton freestyle bindings

  61. #61
    Bad@ss NYC Freerider
    Reputation: Master_Jako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,382
    lol...if i had the money, i go buy myself a snowboard...but i dont....so i put on studded tires and take my bike to the mountain....am i the only one?

  62. #62
    I wanna talk to Samson!
    Reputation: konabiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,303
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    true, but there are things that i miss. Like this year my sis didnt stay over so we opened presents at like 4pm when she finally made it, which didnt feel right considering we already had guests over and there was no xmas breakfast (the only breakfast everyone has together....the only real breakfast food i ever eat). And i had to buy one of my own gifts, doesnt feel like a gift like that.
    when your little though theres more to look forward to. my bro was practically crapping his pants with anticipation last night. afterall, some big fat guy is coming down your chimeny and giving you a bunch of stuff . people really need to get over all the commercial bs related with the holidays. older people look forward to spending time with family and friends and making others happy...and im not talking about the religious bs either.

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,180
    Fly Racing full face (cant remember which model)
    Fox Racing Matrix Gloves
    Fox Racing North Shore Shin guards
    Sun Singletrack front wheel
    2 Maxxis Minion DHF tires
    Park Tools Home repair stand
    Burton Park gloves (inevitably will be used for cold weather biking, not snowboarding)
    North Face Fleece
    (lots more, but I cant remember anymore)
    Hell yea!!!!!

    Oh, and Pepper and Pearl, two 2 month old lab puppies, (pepper=black, pearl=white, obviously) Fun stuff!!!!!!!!!

  64. #64
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    when your little though theres more to look forward to. my bro was practically crapping his pants with anticipation last night. afterall, some big fat guy is coming down your chimeny and giving you a bunch of stuff . people really need to get over all the commercial bs related with the holidays. older people look forward to spending time with family and friends and making others happy...and im not talking about the religious bs either.
    did you catch the Trailer Park Boys Christmas Special?

    Ricky: Forget all this ******** and stress with all the lights and gifting and all that crap, christmas is about getting drunk and stoned with your friends and family. And if you dont smoke just get drunk, and if you don't drink either well i guess thats ok too....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  65. #65
    Evil Genius
    Reputation: BikeKilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    245

    I go tthe good stuff...

    After 5 years, I got myself a new (used) bike. Here's the link:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

    I also go tmyself the parts to build up my carbon fiber trek. Crossland Wheels, XTR rear derailer, XT cassette PC-99 chain, 185mm Avid mechanical brake, carbon brake booster, Candy SL pedals, Oury Grips, XT shifters, etc....

    From my family, I got:

    Star Wars Original Trilogy DVD, Wide screen (Can't wait to see Leia in the Gold bikini SCHWIING!!) [yes, Ima dork ; )
    Converse Chuck Taylors, Black Size 12
    American Eagle Wool Sweater
    Some bike, skiing and SCUBA magazines
    Beer bottle openers (Cubs and Simpsons) I like beer!!
    A fuzzy blanket
    A set of dice
    The Jet "Get Born" CD
    A cool wooden pen (I'm a wood worker)
    Bowls, treats, and toys for my dog
    Love and support from my family....the best present there is....

    I made out like a bandit! (Well except that guy who got a Land Rover....)

    Dan
    I'm as bad as the Worst. But, thank God, I'm also as good as the Best.

  66. #66
    Team
    Reputation: DHbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Master_Jako
    i got my rear derailer fixed, my BB replaced, and this

    should come within a week. cant wait...
    I got a Helmet Camera too.

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    411
    Jeez BJ, u sure don't look happy. How bout a smile? I was lucky if my parents broke a five this christmas.

  68. #68
    Doesnt ride Banshees
    Reputation: Banshee Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by bikergeoff
    are you getting high of those bindings banshee?
    No, im using the model airplane glue i got from my grandmother for that

    just kidding. getting high is bad kids, stay in school, look both ways before crossing the street, and dont do crack.

  69. #69
    Bad@ss NYC Freerider
    Reputation: Master_Jako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by DHbiker
    I got a Helmet Camera too.
    werd...its going to give my videos a new edge...hopefully i can get them hosted and u guys can see what we locals do here in the north east.

  70. #70
    T.Dot Represent
    Reputation: finchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,290

    well...

    my parentsd and relatives and all that just gave me money so i bought the following


    manitou sherman flick 05
    raceface diablos bar stem and headset
    a pair of used mavic 321's from 03
    ritchey motovader2.4 tires
    the hummer cologne
    raceface jersey and shorts
    a new pair of pedals
    a pair of downhill tubes
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

  71. #71
    The Gnarchitect Sketch.
    Reputation: Archdukeferdinand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    751
    A new ice axe
    fleece socks (warm as hell!)
    various ropes/webbing
    desk calendar, coffee mug, other small various things
    Auto insurance payment made (thanks dad)
    new marmot mitten shells (early present to myself)
    cooperative weather = real snow
    Free edging and waxing hooked up by the rentals dept.
    A slow evening so I could go off the clock and ski & drink at our resort's bar
    My knee feeling healthy enough for me to make more than 2 runs
    various beers and pipes loaded and sent between friends/co-workers
    A boxing day hangover, eh.

  72. #72
    T.Dot Represent
    Reputation: finchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,290
    i also met my hockey hero TI DOMI on christmas eve at work (canadiantire sheppard and leslie u canucks!) that guy is super coool if ur a maple leafs fan u should know who he is
    Attached Images Attached Images
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

  73. #73
    not really a noob
    Reputation: hardcore newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,510
    Chevelle kicks !@#
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

  74. #74
    Disco-Superfly
    Reputation: Jake_HT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    did you catch the Trailer Park Boys Christmas Special?

    Ricky: Forget all this ******** and stress with all the lights and gifting and all that crap, christmas is about getting drunk and stoned with your friends and family. And if you dont smoke just get drunk, and if you don't drink either well i guess thats ok too....
    oh yeah,
    Ricky: Hey wtf is 2 nerds doing with one tree, 1 tree per nerd. God damn fvcking nerds!

    I got:
    A 2003 RED Junior T
    Underwear
    Calender
    a lot of chocolate/candy
    soon getting 20mm wheel/brake adapter..( late christmas present)
    a new queen size bed
    gloves ( just hand warming gloves)
    3 biking mags
    just sucks having a new fork on my bike and i cant ride it for 3 months.... stupid canada
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

  75. #75
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    chain lube...tools
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ra_Chronic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5
    well my first born was due 22nd december. Still waiting. I know the 4wd was a cool present, but can you really beat a child for xmas.?
    Anyway we didn't buy presents this year as we thought we would be in hospital.
    My Bday next week anyway

  77. #77
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra_Chronic
    I know the 4wd was a cool present, but can you really beat a child for xmas.?
    possibly with a sports car to compliment the 4wd
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  78. #78
    Now with flavor!!
    Reputation: kidwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra_Chronic
    can you really beat a child for xmas.?
    Nah, I'd probably feel too guilty.






    Congratulations!!!

  79. #79
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    thats another thing about growing older, i really miss those christmas beatings....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  80. #80
    Xtremely Moderate
    Reputation: e<i>o's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    chain lube...tools

    Hmmm.

    chain lube...tools ............




    ..............& a female santa's little helper?
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

  81. #81
    I pigskin I never Nerf it
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by bentimby
    got my tires and a shitty rear wheel, thats all i got so far bike related, check it out tho, my banshees getting pretty damn close, all i need nows a headset and chain:

    and levers and cables right?

    sweet bike man..

    all i got was a serfas ROAD seat and "Zinn's Art of ROAD Bicycle Maintance".

    Is my girl clueless or what? Good thing she's hot, otherwise I'd kick her stoopid azz out the door. Kiddin... Kinda... I'm a loser...
    James

    I aspire to be on Osokolo's ignore list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Osokolo
    small minds usually try to insult other people by saying things that they themselves suffer from...
    i dont care that you have a small penis or erectile disfunction

  82. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    your finger looks huge on your right hand...camera angle or weird bone structure?
    I do believe hes pulling out his pocket, as if to show he is poor? Perhaps its because you spent all your money on a demo 9? But i dont know, you never know with BJ, he might just have a massive finger.

  83. #83
    crumb
    Reputation: saviorself's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    890
    I got:
    Used skis I payed half for
    Xbox from my uncle somehow?
    Petzl tikkina led headlight(if you need a headlight get this one its sick)
    EMS shirt
    Absolute bikes shirt
    Alot of pedros stuff
    a football
    and I bought myself a new Weyless 67 that didnt come yet but it looks like this

  84. #84
    N* Bomber Crew
    Reputation: Raptordude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,271
    I got:
    Weyless 67 Freeride Bike (Still Stock) (Paid for like...all of it lol)
    661 Full Comp Helmet
    CamelBak Rocket
    Marzocchi Fender
    Shock Pump
    Subscription to MBA
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

  85. #85
    always learning
    Reputation: tgreathead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    539
    661 Pressure Suit (wrong size, exchanging tomorrow)
    Travel First Aid Kit (do we see a pattern here?)
    Firm Springs for my Psylo

    Everything else was non-bike but got some cash so here's what I'm thinking:
    --WTB Power V DH Race (already bought)
    --sent in the Romic for fitting to my frame
    --new disk pads
    --Marz Z1 FR (not likely, but thinking about it...)
    --a bell (for Mt. Wilson )

  86. #86
    Just Ride
    Reputation: zerossix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,015
    my parents have pretty much refused to buy me any thing really bike related for a while now. so this christmas it was just a 661 pressure suit as well as some goofy novelity bike stuff, bike tie and stuff. i got a big ol 40gb ipod though. that thing rocks.

  87. #87
    cool dude
    Reputation: Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    62
    Mallet C's
    Pearl Izumi shoes
    beer
    $50
    a PBA card
    a stylin' new jacket from my girlfriend
    clothes
    a 256mb USB 2.0 flash memory

    and my birthday (the big 21) is in January so i got my present early, Sun Rhyno Lites with Deore disk hubs

  88. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wickerman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,358

    We have xmas year round

    My wife and I buy each other things about 15-20 tims a year at least... so xmas is pretty much irrelevant to us... although i did buy her alot of clothes and she bought me a 2003 Giant Rainier

  89. #89
    Trials Superstar
    Reputation: RigidOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    150
    I got:

    Nike/Philips MP3 player
    Surly Instigator fork (*****in!)
    E.13 Supercharger Bash
    Truvativ Hussefelt cranks
    FSA Pig DH headset
    Kore B1-B Stem
    .243 Seatpost
    Avid SD-7 V brake set
    Some cheap isis bb that i killed Christmas morn.
    Please purchase products from JensonUSA your #1 Internet Dealer for MTB parts!

    AS SEEN ON THE X-GAMES and GRAVITY GAMES! How would you like to go 80 MPH on a bike 4 inches from the ground? Well you can learn how at GravityBike.com the home for BMX Speed Machines!

    2004-2005 Sponsors
    Maxxis Tires
    Targert Sponsor
    Azonic
    Hayes

  90. #90
    Canadian at Heart
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by bentimby
    got my tires and a shitty rear wheel:
    I have new unused 32 hole double wide for sale

  91. #91
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,355
    all i got was, older.......


  92. #92
    Now with flavor!!
    Reputation: kidwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,612
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    all i got was, older.......
    Hey guys!!! I found jesus!!!! It was WCH all along!!!!!


    If I "follow" you......................... will you show me some dirt jumps?

    As far as listening to your teachings,.................................... what do you know about barspins?

    No need to answer right away, just send me a sign......like an eagle pooping on my windshield or something.

  93. #93
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    No need to answer right away, just send me a sign......like an eagle pooping on my windshield or something.
    i got one of those that looked like the Virgin Mary. I didnt tell anyone since the last thing i needed was a bunch of freaks making pilgrimages to my front lawn......
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  94. #94
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,355
    sure, if you're ever around these parts, i'd gladly show you some fun stuff...

    it's a lot easier to catch the bar than you may think.....
    after pinching the seat with your knees( this will almost be an unconsience(sp?) move)
    stand up as straight as you can before spinning the bar.
    usually, if you are still hunched over, the front of your bike will have a tendancy to dive right out from under you.
    very spooky. i don't usually get hurt but it's just really freaky....

    just practice spinning the bar quickly, the quicker the better.
    a slower spin interferes with your momentum
    it real easy to get good at spinning the bar fast without really looking.
    Last edited by .WestCoastHucker.; 12-27-2004 at 03:41 PM.


  95. #95
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    can you recommend a good DC fork for bar spinning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  96. #96
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,355
    you'd have to modify your headtube first....


    or, you could just not use an integrated stem and leave it real loose.....


  97. #97
    Canadian at Heart
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    247
    Fox Float 05 Baby!!!! Plushness.....

  98. #98
    Now with flavor!!
    Reputation: kidwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,612
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    it's a lot easier to catch the bar than you may think.....
    after pinching the seat with your knees( this will almost be an unconsience(sp?) move), stand up as straight as you can before spinning the bar. usually, if you are still hunched over, the front of your bike will have a tendancy to dive right out from under you. very spooky. i don't usually get hurt but it's just really freaky....

    just practice spinning the bar quickly, the quicker the better. a slower spin interferes with your momentum. it real easy to get good at spinning the bar fast without really looking.

    You really ARE jesus!!!

    I keep doing the gareth dyer style where I never really lose contact with the bar. Really slow with one hand still kind of guiding it. I can't get over the mental block of just sending it.

    I need to ride some small doubles like auburn or something. All our jumps are about 5-7 feet tall and kick you about as high. I get spooked trying new things on them that I don't already have dialed. I learned suicides and my whimpy version of barspins at a skatepark but got a citation for riding there not too long ago.

    Maybe that's my new years resolution. Quit building the monsters and make a learning jump or two.

    Thanks jeebus!

    Hey, bootleg the weekend of Jan 15....................

  99. #99
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,355
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    ........Hey, bootleg the weekend of Jan 15....................
    no promises(i was just there all this weekend) but i will try to make it out with at least one other in my crew....


  100. #100
    Now with flavor!!
    Reputation: kidwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,612
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    no promises(i was just there all this weekend) but i will try to make it out with at least one other in my crew....
    Me so jealous. Great way to spend a christmas weekend. I'm about 9hrs away. That would be cool if you decided to make it out there again. I haven't touched my dh bike in about 2 months. I've got the jones for sure.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.