Praise for DHL and Marzocchi..- Mtbr.com
    HJB
    USA USA USA USA USA

Good job! Praise for DHL and Marzocchi..

Some may recall my post from a few days ago about my Super T with the crown that wouldn't line up bla, bla, bla. Anywho, Monday morning I boxed up the fork and took it down to my local pack it, ship it, type place to send it out. I sent it DHL ground for no reason other than price, lady behind the counter says it will get there in 7 to 10 days. I'm in no rush, Fed Ex and United Parcel Smashers would take about the same amount of time to go xc from NH to CA. Just for the heck of it this afternoon I decided to check the tracking # and see where it is, much to my surprise it's allready there Two days, ground, coast to coast Maybe it's because they're the new kids on the block that they try harder, I don't know but they've got my buisness from now on.

Part two of the story; About an hour after I learn that Marzocchi has my fork, my phone rings. It's one of the techs at Marzocchi, my fork's fixed, boxed up, and on its way back to me!! They didn't even have it for half of a working day! And the bill gets sent to Italy! I am big time impressed. If only customer service was like that everywhere I wouldn't open my McDonalds bag expecting a Quarter Pounder and find a Fish Fillet!

Today was a good day, I stopped at the store and bought a PowerBall ticket just in case!

Later kids.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Thats sweet congratulations.

rollin
    mcdonalds is gnarly!

pseudo*christ
    Feb 2005

yo

thats awesome...but the most important question is obviously..."howd that powerball ticket work for ya, you lucky guy?"

oh...not sure if this is the place to ask this...but is it true that Marzocchi has a deal on trading in a EXR Comp for a Drop Off III?

Glad to Be Alive
    who's my huckleberry...congrats to you
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

your mom
    i had a bad experience with DHL. i ordered a chainguide from universalcycles in oregon (im in the bay area CA) and chose 2 day air. over a week after it shipped i still dont have it and end up having to bug my dad to give me a ride to the DHL place to pick it up.

Authority is dead!
    DHL is one of the biggest shipping companies over in Europe, so it's not as small as you think. I shipped with them maybe 4-5 times in US and never had a problem.
    For the love of Oi

Rent a house at Attitash

surf-ride-repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by HJB
    Some may recall my post from a few days ago about my Super T with the crown that wouldn't line up bla, bla, bla. Anywho, Monday morning I boxed up the fork and took it down to my local pack it, ship it, type place to send it out. I sent it DHL ground for no reason other than price, lady behind the counter says it will get there in 7 to 10 days. I'm in no rush, Fed Ex and United Parcel Smashers would take about the same amount of time to go xc from NH to CA. Just for the heck of it this afternoon I decided to check the tracking # and see where it is, much to my surprise it's allready there Two days, ground, coast to coast Maybe it's because they're the new kids on the block that they try harder, I don't know but they've got my buisness from now on.

Part two of the story; About an hour after I learn that Marzocchi has my fork, my phone rings. It's one of the techs at Marzocchi, my fork's fixed, boxed up, and on its way back to me!! They didn't even have it for half of a working day! And the bill gets sent to Italy! I am big time impressed. If only customer service was like that everywhere I wouldn't open my McDonalds bag expecting a Quarter Pounder and find a Fish Fillet!

Today was a good day, I stopped at the store and bought a PowerBall ticket just in case!

Later kids.
    That's sweet! Thanks for comin' back and letting us know... a lot of us are pretty big fans of Marz, but mostly for the problems we have NOT had with their forks

Good to know if/when they'll do ya solid.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    I hate DHL. They gave my demo 9 to the wrong house and I had to deal with all this hooplah.
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

your mom
    after my incident with DHL i used UPS and they delivered my rear wheel to me but somehow delivered my front to walgreens. when i called they told me where it was delivered so i went down to walgreens and they brought me my package. the adress was correct on the box so idk how it happened. next time im using fed ex i guess

/dev/null
    DHL either bought or merged with Airborne Express... And it seems that, like Airborne Express, they have a wild disparity when it comes to service. Many people have great service, many people have awful service.

Anyhow, sounds like Marzocchi took care of you - that's excellent.

I'm told that the reason for such speedy shipping is that often times these shipping companies will have an "overnight" shipment going out, and if they have room on the plane/truck/whatever, they'll toss on the ground/2-day/whatever packages.

It still baffles me that I can give a package to the UPS guy and have it on the other side of the country by 8am tomorrow morning.

mtbr member
    glad to hear you got your fork back
    Sully

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    my dhl delivery girl is super hot
    life aint nothin but bitches and money.................

tsx
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

New question here.

what was wrong w/the fork? did they fix the old or give you a new?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    My experience is they all mess up alot....UPS. DHL, USPS, Fed-Ex. The only service i've ever not had a problem with was Fed-EX ground, they seem to be decent, although I'm waiting for them to drop the ball. UPS in my experience messes up the most, but they move a high vol...so i'm sure it's the same % as the rest. Feels like a crap shoot everytime i ship something.

HJB
    USA USA USA USA USA
    Quote Originally Posted by tsx
    what was wrong w/the fork? did they fix the old or give you a new?
    It seems that the steerer tube wasn't pressed into the lower crown quite enough, like .001"!! and that was enough to throw the allignment of the upper crown/stantion off enough to be a real pain in the bag. From what I understood they pressed out the old one and popped in a new one. Now everything lines up fine.

Seatpost Hucker, apparently my luck ran out only seconds prior to the Power Ball drawing, those people at the lottery just don't seem to understand how badly I want that money!! Then again if I were to win I don't think I'd post it here. I'd be getting PM's from all of you claiming to be a long lost relative with some sob story about how badly you need a new Demo 9

Binary Visions, I was thinking the same thing about my fork ending up on a plane, there's no way it could get there that fast by ground. Now it will take a month to get it back by mule train

As you were gentlemen.

Freerider 4 life
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace_Jellyfish
    after my incident with DHL i used UPS and they delivered my rear wheel to me but somehow delivered my front to walgreens
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How in the world....

all i know is I ordered some stuff from UPS, full metal stuff i might add, and when i got it to my front door... everything was in 12 peices.

and I ordered some stuff from online (new jersey and some new tires), fed ex took 3 weeks longer than supposed too
    You Like To Freeride!
    You Love it!
    You Cannot Resist Freeriding!
    Your life is meaningless Without Freeriding!

--my brain at 10 AM every morning--

[email protected] NYC Freerider
    US Postal service baby. cheap, reliable...

/dev/null
    Quote Originally Posted by zutroy
    My experience is they all mess up alot....UPS. DHL, USPS, Fed-Ex. The only service i've ever not had a problem with was Fed-EX ground, they seem to be decent, although I'm waiting for them to drop the ball. UPS in my experience messes up the most, but they move a high vol...so i'm sure it's the same % as the rest. Feels like a crap shoot everytime i ship something.
    I've had pretty good service with FedEx ground as well, come to think of it.

I usually ship most things USPS. Priority Mail is super cheap.

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by binary visions
    It still baffles me that I can give a package to the UPS guy and have it on the other side of the country by 8am tomorrow morning.
    Yeah, but whether the contents are still in the box or not when it gets there is another story.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Good job!

Fed Ex sux, they couldn't find my house????? and no i do not live in the boonies, UPS customer service blows...DHL all the way. DHL was almost half the cost of either Fedup or the big brown turd...and like HJB said...they are fast.... DHL is the way to go

sLigHtLy lEft oF CEntEr
    Back in the day I used to work at a snow/skateboard shop. The amount of shipments we would recieve between Aug and Jan was unbelievable. The Brown Santa came almost everyday. It was like Christmas for 4 months. Granted we didn't get to keep the stuff but it sure was fun going through all the new gear. Plus every once and a while the companies would throw in some free stuff in for the shop employees. Our UPS guys were top notch. Always on time and very reliable

These days I work from home and recieve packages here regularly. My stuff ususally makes it here on time and undamaged. However, at least once a week the UPS driver hands me the tablet to sign and then hands me someone elses package. Now I check the package before I sign because I'm tired of chasing him down once I relize the pacakges aren't mine.