Post your GPS tracks on a map or draw a trail- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

We the people ... Post your GPS tracks on a map or draw a trail

We're launching www.geojoey.com tomorrow at 2PM PST. Right now it's password protected. If you want to give it a test drive, the password is 'coho'. We have high resolution satellite photos, 8 million landmarks in a searchable database, you can draw freehand on the map or import a GPS track (90 formats supported), rate experiences posted on the map and a whole lot more.

Enjoy!

Mark.

Glad to Be Alive
    personally I would love to see a better zoom.........for what we would want to do or to follow a trail network we should get something better then the " we don't have imagery at this level for this region
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Zoom

Thanks for the feedback!!

We're powering the site with the Google Maps API, so we're limited to the resolution that Google Maps provides. In many regions it is sub 1 meter satellite resolution, which IMHO is pretty good. Google is also constantly improving the quality of the photos we have access to.

Regards,

Mark.
    www.geojoey.com
    "The best experiences on Earth!"

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    looks real good, cant wait till we egt some more trails on there. next time I ride I will take my GPS and load somthin up.

and also put in all the closest Taco Bells for your post ride needs (joke)
    OMG GUISE IT HAZ A AIER SHOCK WTF OO DUZ THAT?!?!?

When in doubt, go faster
    Right off, I'd say dump google and use yahoo. But other then that it looks realy cool!

Master of Beat
    Looks cool, but is it that there aren't many trail entered right now?

Sorta confused i'm seeing crabhouses, It seems like if something is cool, you enter it?(not just biking?)

I like air!
    Quote Originally Posted by attomixt
    Looks cool, but is it that there aren't many trail entered right now?

Sorta confused i'm seeing crabhouses, It seems like if something is cool, you enter it?(not just biking?)
    Same here. Very confusing site having restaurants and biking trails all mixed together. Id rather just see the trails.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Tags

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I've been a mountain biker for about 5 years now and it's very tempting to make the site MTB only - or MTB and skiing/boarding. But we decided to make it more general and basically our mission is to reveal the best experiences on Earth.

We have created quite a few ways to get at just the data you want. I think the best one for someone posting for or looking for MTB trails is tagging. Just tag your experience with a few words like mtb, mountain bike, trail, downhill. Then just enter one of those words in the search feature below the map or use the tag cloud to find the words you're interested in and click on them. Doing that will show only the type of experiences you're interested in.

I think we have exactly one mountain biking experience right now so, yeah, it kinda sucks. But I'm going to add a few more as soon as I have time and maybe you guys can help with that? You don't HAVE to have a GPS. Just draw the trail on the map and then when you get around to buying a GPS you can edit your experience and replace the drawing with the GPS track.

BTW, we're going public with Geojoey in 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Thanks again!!

Mark.
    http://www.geojoey.com/
    "The best experiences on Earth"

Members who have read this thread: 0