post mount adaptor for 205mm rotor - rear- Mtbr.com
    www.derbyrims.com

post mount adaptor for 205mm rotor - rear

I'm not finding 203mm / 8 inch rotor post-mount adapters for the rear caliper.

Does a standard post-mount fork 203mm rotor adapter work for the same size rear rotor?

Currently my bike has a 180mm rear rotor, and want to go 203mm rear to match the front 203mm rotor's power.

Thanks!

Pivotal figure
    I think you actually end up using a front adaptor but I haven't used a 203 rear rotor yet.I'm assuming you need a Post-Post adaptor?
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    And maybe you use the next size down from normal on the back or something weird like that.
    "It looks flexy"

Slap happy crappiness
    What bike? A lot of frames will already be tabbed for a 6in rotor, requiring a 165mm adapter to run a 203mm rotor.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by DHgnaR View Post
    What bike? A lot of frames will already be tabbed for a 6in rotor, requiring a 165mm adapter to run a 203mm rotor.
    Yes, I'm using an old Hayes PM adaptor now on my Mojo HD for a 180mm rotor in back (Formula K24 calipers, Magura wave rotors). I'm pretty sure 160mm needs no adaptor.

I'll try pulling my fork's 203mm adaptor and try to fit it to the rear post mounts with a wheel with a 203mm rotor. Measuring, I think it will fit. I haven't had the time yet.

I guess post mount is unusual for DH bikes that commonly use 203mm rear rotors.

mtbr member
    Yeah, unlike IS, PM is the same front and rear. So you're right, the one of your DH bike will fit.

www.derbyrims.com
    Mounted up the 203mm rear rotor to match the 203 in front. Yes, the PM adapter is the same for fork and swingarm, unlike IS (thanks HAB).

After bleeding and bedding in new pads to new rotor the rear balances with the front better and overall braking power is increased using less effort.

The front still seems to have more power with the same lever effort, using my stronger right hand for the front brake, plus the longer rear line.

I really like the difference for dragging the rear brake around switchbacks (without skidding, of course!) and down bigger rock slow step-downs, and there's less dive braking into corners.

mtbr member
    I've been running 203mm front and rear for several years now. Sometimes my hands still hurt after a long trail.... When are they gonna have a standard 220mm?
    "It looks flexy"