Post Canyon Vandalized?!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Post Canyon Vandalized?!

My friends at Tribe503.com texted me today saying that some punks had vandalized a number of stunts/structures at Post Canyon (burned a few even). Anyone know the extent of the damage? Or, better yet, give me some names?! The nice weather must've brought out the sierra club crazies again.

G
    Last edited by Gman086; 05-18-2010 at 05:42 PM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    WTF!?!?!?!? Have a trip planned to hit Post Canyon in 2 weeks, this does not sound promising!

Urban Ninja
    Oh no. Say it ain't so. Was planning to hit it up myself soon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Are you serious? Any more details of what and where?

I rode there Thur-Fri from 3 chair/3 blind mice through FMX to extended play, lower GP, drop out, family man and everything looked fine. Did it just happen over the weekend? It'd be great to know more so we could at least put up some warning signs for now, and hopefully repair soon.

Calm like a Bomb
    hope not true was also planning a trip this weekend

troubled economist
    Yeah, Post has been so dialed this spring... hopefully the damage is small.

A LOT of work has gone into the trails/features this year, props to all the builders. It's a shame there's a lack of respect shown by some...

mtbr member
    I was up there on sunday and I didn't seen anything, but I heard from someone that it was the big doubles up top that some one set fire to two of the wood jumps.

It's a love/ hate thing
    Was just up there. This is all the damage we found, but definitely not cool.

http://www.ihatebikes.net/site/news/...on-vandalized/

NOT Team Sanchez
    I'm sorry to hear about this; the trail builders are probably reeling
    I like bikes.

Calm like a Bomb

Three Wheeler Expert
    thats so f ed up. Damn sierra club, go hike to hell! or whoever it was, freak off.
    SEND IT TO THE MOON!!!!!!!!

Rip Van Winkle
    Sounds like someone is jealous. I can think of a few times I would like to have taken an axe to some stuff on the trail out of my inability to pass successfully. I would never do it but maybe that's what some punk did? Camp out and wait for another person to try this again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt 891
    29 inch wheels are a crutch for riders with sub-par skills.

Custom Wheelbuilder
    What? Seriously shitty move. Does anyone have any pictures of the vandalized features?
    Check out www.zencyclery.com for fully customizable, handbuilt wheels.

www.facebook.com/zencyclerywheels

mtbr member
    Was told some kids on quads purposely rammed some features last year causing damage - probably the same group. Get a license plate # if you see anything suspicious.

Thanks,

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

Roll on Spring Time!
    That sucks, happened to a freeride spot in the UK. The only spot we had and a local used to wreck the jumps every week, also lay a couple of rocks in the landing area. We always had to scout the trail before hitting it.

On a side note those wooden trannies look incredible. Anyone know how to build a wooden tranny without using ply wood on the sides? Those look so smooth.
    I just want to ride.

Glad to Be Alive
    sheesh we were going up with a group this weekend....,,,man this sucks
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I imagine even with this most of the trails and features are still fine. So those of you planning trips probably don't need to bail. There's lots of riding and features in Post so it should still be tons of fun. You just might have to skip a couple hits out of dozens.

In Armor We Trust
    That is f'ing lame beyond belief. Silver lining is that it looks like it was confined to just a couple features in one section.We hit Post Canyon for the first time last year, and it was amazing. Can't wait to get back there this summer and hit some bigger stuff!
    DH: Pivot Phoenix
    AM: Pivot Mach 6
    FG: KHS Flite 100

It's a love/ hate thing
    Again, we only saw one actual feature/ jump that was damaged. Everything else we rode was fine.

Zen Cyclery, I've already posted images of the vandalized ramp on the link previously posted FYI.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo
    That sucks, happened to a freeride spot in the UK. The only spot we had and a local used to wreck the jumps every week, also lay a couple of rocks in the landing area. We always had to scout the trail before hitting it.

On a side note those wooden trannies look incredible. Anyone know how to build a wooden tranny without using ply wood on the sides? Those look so smooth.
    Where I ride freeride, the locals are cool with it but we do have this problem in our local trails. The forest rangers bulldoze sections of natural jumps, or cut down trees and leave a huge mess to block the trail just because bikes use them
    www.EssexHertsMTB.co.uk - Riding in the SE of the UK - Epping, Danbury, Thorndon, Chicksands, Aston Hill, Woburn

Members who have read this thread: 0