Possible RaceFace Lifeline? - RaceFace being bought by Titus?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Possible RaceFace Lifeline? - RaceFace being bought by Titus?

Noticed this on the Titus facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/TitusCycles?sk=wall#!/TitusCycles/posts/10150169488769042

Seems pretty interesting, hopefully they wont change the brand to much if they do buy it.

IMO if they can sort out the stuff ups that caused it to go in the first, ditch the fixie/road stuff and focus on the MTB parts, it would be a pretty profitable venture in the end.
    Their SIXC series was pretty popular, the Atlas FR line seemed very succesful, just like many other of their mid to high end parts. I reckon, value for money/performance wise, the RaceFace Respond Group was the best out there.

Thoughts on the POTENTIAL takeover?

ini
    envymtb, whyweride, WTPR
    yes please

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Cool, on-one are 2miles from me, better go sniffing for discount :-)

mtbr member
    Planet X are a bunch of crazy northern bastards.

If anyone can save (what's left of) Raceface from the void it's them. They've always been an opportunistic bunch, but by the same token they've been around longer than even Raceface itself and they aren't going to risk damaging Planet X/On One if they can't realistically find the money.

If they go for it, then good luck to them. Be a bit of a strange turn around to see Planet X go from direct sales brand to OEM supplier though!

mtbr member
    I thought Titus went under last year. I heard something that Titus was going to be taken over from a european company.

I think a big company should take over raceface like fox. sram has rockshox, avid, and truvativ.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliikane
    I think a big company should take over raceface like fox. sram has rockshox, avid, and truvativ.
    Planet X is a big company, not Shimano big but still big enough to be selling across europe and the far east. They bought out Titus a couple of weeks after it went bust but they've only recently started selling them again as they had to sort out Titus' various money and organisational troubles first.

They've never had much presence in the US though, although Shiggy's intent on changing that...

Members who have read this thread: 0