platform pins- Mtbr.com

Thread: platform pins

No Fear

platform pins

What ideas have you for replacing platform pins .Wait a minute yep I know itís a boring thread repeated a million times here but this was my solution .

On those which I could drill a small hole and reach the other side I screwed the screws from the other side and filed the sharp end a bit . And on those which I couldnít do so I just cut half of the screw off and filed the four sides of its head to make a square with sharp points for better grip .And the pros is that they have philips head so i can trali fix ( tighten ) them with multi tool

How was that?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glad to Be Alive
    first pic I would hacksaw off head of screw
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    i use pedals in which you can replace the pins.... only 10 cents for extras. works fine.

kona-tize me captain
    well your close to somethign good but not exactly. i di dthe same thign to my kona pedals, but i drilled out all the old pins all the way through, went to home depot, got me some nice like bolt to my desired lengths, pushed them up threw the hole, then i put a nut onto the bolt. they will always be able to be unscrewed or cut off. its much cleaner, and better lookin then what u got. and its less time consuming. ill get pics if u really want. its what i call ghetto fixin
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Formerly NattyBoh74...
    you cna get pins from your local hardware store, just get allen head set screws. just apply a little loctite to the threads and ur good to go...
    Attached Images Attached Images

No Fear
    Yeap your all right but if i had a LBS which had the pins i wouldnt do so . Im in Iran for your info.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by SABER_MTB
    Yeap your all right but if i had a LBS which had the pins i wouldnt do so . Im in Iran for your info.
    SMT has a good point though.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Meh.
    You don't have to go to a LBS... Hardware store... Bolt specialty store... Automotive supply store...

Given your track record with breaking sh!t... well... just leave it at that. Make of it as you will.

By the way, those Jacksh!t pedals do have replaceable pins.

Members who have read this thread: 0