Platform pedal advice...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Platform pedal advice...

I'm currently useing the wellgo mg-1,and love the size.But I'm digging some other pedals on the market but the size is not listed on there websites and I dont want to go to smaller then the mg1...
    The mg1 size is stated at 114x106,I've listed a few pedals below that are of interest,please comment if the size is similar to the mg1...thx
    If you also have any other pedals that fit the bill,please post
    straitline...sc
    brave...air base
    atomlab....
    nc-17...sudpin
    azonic..420
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Platform pedal advice...-mtbr-050.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    u not looking hard enuff :-p

superstar
    diety
    wellgo b131
    Kona
    pointoneracing
    canfield
    darkcycles
    xpedo
    easton
    blackspire
    and more..

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhanney
    u not looking hard enuff :-p

superstar
    diety
    wellgo b131
    Kona
    pointoneracing
    canfield
    darkcycles
    xpedo
    easton
    blackspire
    and more..
    Nice list...are the deity decoy and superstars a large platform 110x 105 plus pedal

local jackass
    Funn viper i love mine
    His
    2010 FSR XC
    2010 ALLEZ
    Hers
    2012 Myka 29'r
    2009 Cannondale Synapse 5
    Down East Cyclists

Commit or eat sh!t
    I kind of hate my MG1. Everytime I take it to a rocky place, I have to replace at least a couple of traction pins. The magnesium is way too soft.

I am rocking the Straitlines right now, and so far so good. Took bunch of hits at N*, and survivied. Pretty tough. But they are heavier and cost $$$. And the traction pins (hexagonal and sharp!) work too well, and dig into your skin if you screw up.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cable0guy
    I kind of hate my MG1. Everytime I take it to a rocky place, I have to replace at least a couple of traction pins. The magnesium is way too soft.

I am rocking the Straitlines right now, and so far so good. Took bunch of hits at N*, and survivied. Pretty tough. But they are heavier and cost $$$. And the traction pins (hexagonal and sharp!) work too well, and dig into your skin if you screw up.
    platform size close to the mg1 ???
    thx...

Commit or eat sh!t
    Quote Originally Posted by AMCAT
    platform size close to the mg1 ???
    thx...
    Length is a little larger by roughly 1/4". Width is similar, but Straitline is wing-shaped, so more surface area near the cranks.

Pivotal figure
    Deity, Canfield, Atomlab, Premium are all close to the same size platform; about 2-3 mm larger than the Mg's. The best part is the lower profile though, minimizes pedal strikes which extends the life of the pedals & pins.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Chilling out
    Kenny, do you mind sharing what you are riding now and how long you've had them?

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    Quote Originally Posted by AMCAT
    Nice list...are the deity decoy and superstars a large platform 110x 105 plus pedal
    Truth I'm rocking straitline and they decoys. and I cannot decide which I like better.
    "It sucks because that's what Boxxers of that generation were good at." -- XSL_WiLL

mtbr member
    I hear a lot of people getting wellgo MG-1 pedals. Im looking at getting straitlines now as my friend has a pair and they feel amazing. How do the MG-1s hold up and grip because if I can save the weight and the dough for a comparable pedal to the straitlines thatd be nice.

Locs on Spokez
    Mg1's are dirt cheap and they grip well... But the bodies are really soft so I wouldn't recommend running them on your downhill bike... I put mine on mah trail shredder...

Sunline V1's are pretty bomb. I've had mine for tad over 3 years now and they're still going strong. Bombproof and grippy as ever. Definitely worth looking into...
    Ground Steeze. @iggy_strbac

Pivotal figure
    bear; I'm running a set of Premium Slims now, they've been extremely reliable even after 2 years of abuse. The only thing I've done is replace the pins once. Very good investment IMO..
    Have a set of MG1's as well but they do get pretty mangled with the rocks. I was able to retap the holes and replace the pins with larger ones but that's kind of a one time fix.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    The superstar pedals look really good. Too bad you cant get them in the US due to some BS shipping reasons.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    If you like superstars check these out: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AX08-SILVER-...QQcmdZViewItem

i have the mx01's myself and like them a lot

OSM
    mtbr member
    I used some Bike Smart copy of the Cannondale Grind for a season of DH racing. then i went clipped. They were tough and shed mud well, sealed bearings.
    No problems, would recommend.

slow reeezay
    these are stupidly good, have them on both my rides, not too light but uber grippy and they take a beating!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...&ModelID=11363

lots of foot area too..................
    LIVE TO RIDE, RIDE TO LIVE

2011 On-One 456 Ti

2010 Trek Session 88 custom build

brake later, pedal sooner
    kona wah wah on ebay for $80 shipped

Now with More Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by ustemuf
    kona wah wah on ebay for $80 shipped
    Ditto. Love mine, been on them quite some time now, thin, grippy, strong...all you can ask for (and more - at that price!).

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cable0guy
    Length is a little larger by roughly 1/4". Width is similar, but Straitline is wing-shaped, so more surface area near the cranks.
    Mike, not gonna bother trying to sell all these other yahoo's on CF crampons, but get a set. I promise you will not be disappointed. I have never been so certain a bike product is so head and shoulders above everything else in the land. The straitlines are good (a riding buddy has them) but the canfields are significantly better.

mtbr member
    Three years with my Straitlines and loving them, just serviced them once a month and still running with original build kit. Servicing them takes only 10 mins
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Platform pedal advice...-dsc00332-medium-.jpg  

Platform pedal advice...-dsc00333-medium-.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0