Pimps are backordered what now??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Pimps are backordered what now??

Whats up guys.. So I had ordered a new set of Atomlab Pimp rims 36H with Hadleys the Pimp rim are backordered for a while like 4 weeks ++ so I was thinking of just going to Syncros DP36 instead.. I have heard they are great rims strong and some what lite.. They are going on my Preston I am 240lb so I want a strong rim what do you guys think should I just wait or go for the Syncros.... Or option 2 and since I have Outlaws right now should I go for a Light and Strong combo and go with Mavic 823's and run UST to get the weight down on my rig..

yaha ha
    I assume this was in the last post.. but just keep the outlaws?? arent they brnd new as well

ps i love the preston

Shop *****
    yeah, keep the outlaws until they break. They are a very capable wheelset
    Quote Originally Posted by <sL4yEr>RuLz
    All good suggestions. What kind of "ass-orderant" would you recommend?

Florida Rider
    you could get the pimps directly from atomlab....atomlab.com

mtbr member
    Keep the Outlaws. With those other builds you aren't going to save much weight. The Outlaws are plenty strong for the DH racing you are asking about. You can also run them tubeless if you want to save weight.

I would save my money. If you want another wheel set, why not get a lighter weight set for trail duty and keep the outlaws for shuttle and resort days.

TG

mtbr member
    Ok so here is the deal. So i keep the outlaws and upgrade my fork. I just built a 07 preston I have a Pike 454 Uturn on it but would like to do some DH races next year so I figure I would need some more travel. I was getting a new wheel set to cut down on some weight but do you guys think i should keep the outlaws and just go for a new fork?? I was thinking new Zook 55 ATA or the 66 SL ATA what to do??

moaaar shimz
    Ride them till you break them

mtbr member
    did you read everyones replies yet?

You have a pimped out Preston already. Go out and enjoy it. When stuff breaks, the replace it. If you really want to spend money I would:

1) Get a lighter wheel set
    2) Get a new fork

Then you could run the Pike with the lighter wheels for the trail.
    Run the new longer fork with the outlaws for the DH days.

Have fun.

TG

Shop *****
    I see nothing wrong with that wheel tacubaya... To SMT, I'll bet it's still able to be trued...
    Quote Originally Posted by <sL4yEr>RuLz
    All good suggestions. What kind of "ass-orderant" would you recommend?

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    I went with the 823's myself. I also have a set of Mag30's I'm trying to decide what to do with.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Broken and dizzy
    To the OP, don't take this the wrong way as this is in no way meant to slander you, but at 240#, you'll see much bigger benefits by dropping "your" weight vs. reductions to your bike.

Additionally, as other posters have stated, ride that thing until stuff starts to break, then replace what you need.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfinguru
    To the OP, don't take this the wrong way as this is in no way meant to slander you, but at 240#, you'll see much bigger benefits by dropping "your" weight vs. reductions to your bike.

Additionally, as other posters have stated, ride that thing until stuff starts to break, then replace what you need.

No offense taking but I am pretty fit waist size is a 34 with 14-15% BF depending if I am cutting or bulking up .I have been lifting for a long time, I may drop 10-15lbs cause I was bulking for a few months for a Bench Press Comp I do every August got 3rd place with 405lb un assisted...so my 240lb isnt really a Fatboy 240lb I mean I dont have a six pack .. I am a Corrections Officer so I like to keep my weight up you know... But hey I hear ya I could always benefit from dropping some LBS...

Members who have read this thread: 0