Pictures of my little bro at mammoth- Mtbr.com
    I wanna talk to Samson!

Pictures of my little bro at mammoth

took him on his first mtb ride on saturday at mammoth. rented him out a bighit grom, got him some pads and he was on his way. i was surprised at how good he was doing. he rode trail home 4 times with 3 crashes. he also hit off the top once. liked trail home more though cause it wasnt as long. ive got a feeling there's gonna be a grom machine under the tree this christmas. he loved it!
    did i mention hes 8?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

mtbr member
    That's tight man... I wish I had gotten into mtb when I was 8.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    ahahahhahah...thats so wicked...

go u little fella go...

ehehehehh...can he or does he want to jump etc...

(thats sick nice job)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

Xtremely Moderate
    Go lil dewd go.

Can't wait til my son is up to that. We've already started training @ 3.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Chatham NJ
    May 2004
    thats awesome. I wish someone did that for me when i was 8, or 9, or 10....or anytime in my life.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Just wait until he can do velocity, chain smoke, and bullet. Those runs are awesome.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    post more pics please. im going there in august and havent been able to find any pics

mtbr member
    How are the trails in Mammoth this year? I didn't make it there last year, but I went for the 3 years prior to that. My favorites were Bullit, Off the Top to Beach Cruise to Downtown, and Velocity.

Have you ridden the new trail there, Chainsmoke? I have heard it is pretty good.

Don't forget to check out Lower Rock Creek if you get the chance.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by BillT
    How are the trails in Mammoth this year? I didn't make it there last year, but I went for the 3 years prior to that. My favorites were Bullit, Off the Top to Beach Cruise to Downtown, and Velocity.

Have you ridden the new trail there, Chainsmoke? I have heard it is pretty good.

Don't forget to check out Lower Rock Creek if you get the chance.
    trails are acctually pretty sweet! that place doesnt get teh credit it deserves. i only got to ride velocity twice while i had someone to watch the little one, and didnt get to hit chainsmoke cause i was riding with him the rest of the day. from what i remember of my trip last year, velocity has changed some. theres another drop and a log booter into a hill. pretty sick. ill be goin mid august too with some freinds before my possible whistler trip.
    JackNugz

no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

Pro Crastinator
    that's so pimp.... brings back memories......

there is also this little kid who rides that same bike that mobs our local stuff.....

Youngbuck
    Thats sick I wish I started riding when i was 8.O well.But that is sweet,make sure he keeps with it.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    that's so pimp.... brings back memories......

there is also this little kid who rides that same bike that mobs our local stuff.....
    yeah, up at mammoth there were a few kids on them. i think i saw them on velocity. they couldnt have been much older than my brother.
    im pretty stoked. he wants to get into it more. im gonna take him down knapps castle sometime soon, and we'll see from there on.
    JackNugz

Card Carrying Member
    Nice! My son is 6 and hitting the trails... He's not all that fond of the going up part yet, but he digs the DH and likes to try the tougher stuff.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    Nice! My son is 6 and hitting the trails... He's not all that fond of the going up part yet, but he digs the DH and likes to try the tougher stuff.
    sweet. thats a nice shot. i just gotta teach him how to take photos......
    JackNugz

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    sweet. thats a nice shot. i just gotta teach him how to take photos......
    My son would rather I shoot video, he gets a kick out of watching himself ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Chainsmoke is really cool. Theres two sections of little doubles which are fun as well as lots of rocky descents and drops. And at the end you get to launch of a short but steep tabletop to finish off the run.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigair101
    Chainsmoke is really cool. Theres two sections of little doubles which are fun as well as lots of rocky descents and drops. And at the end you get to launch of a short but steep tabletop to finish off the run.
    sweeeeet
    JackNugz

mtbr member

That sounds great! I should be going there next year (and maybe Whistler as well!). I really enjoy my trips to Mammoth and also feel that it is one of the more underrated parks around. While it doesn't have alot of real nasty rocky stuff of Northstar, it makes up for in sheer size and variety of trails. I love that you can hook trails from the peak all the way down to the village.

Getting back into it...
    I was just up at Mammoth this past weekend. I think I liked Velocity better than chainsmoke (I'm not a big fan of steep,rocky, rutted descents), but the little "X-zone" right at the end of it is pretty cool. I didn't get a chance to take Bullet- how does that compare to Chainsmoke and Velocity?

mtbr member

Love those pics!!!

Just came back from a Trika-A-Thon fund raiser at my daughter's school and I just love how into bikes kids are at that age! Much better than staring at a TV.

Workin' on her to love biking as much as her ol'e man.

stay thirsty, my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by eman
    thats awesome. I wish someone did that for me when i was 8, or 9, or 10....or anytime in my life.
    Haha, same here.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Bullet is a bit harder than chainsmoke and velocity and also a pain to get to. However, it's worth it. There arent many rutted decents but there are quite a few rocks. There are lots of little rock drops and technical sections and about have way through you start to get into the trees and there are more drops and a step up you can launch off of with a ton of speed. After that, it dumps you back out to canyon lodge and you have to go to the village and take the shuttle again.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Vert
    Just came back from a Trika-A-Thon fund raiser at my daughter's school and I just love how into bikes kids are at that age! Much better than staring at a TV.

Workin' on her to love biking as much as her ol'e man.
    haha those are some nice pictures. trik-a-thon would be so hardcore.
    JackNugz