pics from, CPX- Mtbr.com

Thread: pics from, CPX

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

pics from, CPX

well we hit up CPX today, it was rainy and really muddy and slick at first which was great cause i really got to c how nice my new gazzilodies(sp?) tires handel in the slick mudd. but it dried up and turned out to be a erfict day to ride. heres some pics.

more to come, so hold on

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    more, biotch

still more to come...

banned

Yayyyy, that's meee. I suck.

mtbr member
    nice pics...looks like a bad spot when its wet too

looks like some good sturdy structures

banned
    Yeah, the Team Sally guys did a ****in amazing job with this stuff.

They are rebuilding some of the wood stuff and taking their time to do stuff right. At first, they used trees to support the sides and stuff so they are screwed up now. Bah.

mtbr member

Good job!

Looks Gnarly!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    and a cuple more...

couple more to come still...

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    here are the last of the pics.

well thats all of em. srry to so long to get them up but i got dial-up and i broke my wrist like 10 min b4 we left so i am only typing w/ one hand.

mtbr member
    very awesome...i want to hit up CPX when i visit family in a while

Meh.
    Fcuk, I can't get any days off to go since I have to get four wisdom teeth pulled. Maybe I'll go right after I get 'em pulled. I'll be good and drugged up.

I had to help customers while the 2hip BMX show was going on, I missed the entire thing. I was so mad. I was trying to look out the windows, but everytime I turned back around to help the customers, the crowd went INSANE. I saw some of the video later, it was sick. After work was 150 bucks worth of sandwiches. I ate so much. Then messed around in the parking lot for a while. Rode the table top for a while, hopping stairs, just messing around. I forgot how easy BMX bikes are to hop, one guy was clearing shopping carts laid on one end. I was hopping about waist high onto concrete ledges and over the handrails.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Will, that really sux that u missed the show, and CPX. hahaha jkjk. Paul J was sapost to come out and ride, since this would be his last time to ride CPX b4 he moves to OHIO. but he pulled a no show. o well

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    saw you has a sx trail. how you liking it. looks like a sweet bike
    if your hands are on the handles your still in control

Use this space for what?
    Hey! I was there friday and saturday. I think we might have seen you on saturday. The white P seems familiar, as is the mongoose. I was on the orange kona. Nice pics

mtbr member
    So how is the place? This is in IL right? Is it relatively flat, or are these setup on a slight hill. It's hard to tell from the pictures. The stunts look fun, just wondering if it's worth the 8 hour drive...

not really a noob
    sick, i want to go there some time
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Cozza, srry we were not there on saturday or friday, the guy on the mongoos is a local, as is the guy w/ that white Felt.
    Stinkyboy58, we dont really no the guy w/ the SXT so i cant realy say how it feels, since i have never riding one except around in a circle.
    Reamer, yes it is in Joliet, Illinois. its all on a hill, some parts are just very slightly sloped down hill, and others are a lil steeper. everything there is built w/ squishies in mind. but everything is also built so that they can be hit w/ a HT. hell there was one dude there yesteday who was DJing w/ his V10. and yes it is worth the trip. and those pics are only of 3jumps, there is a shitload more thn whats in the pics

Meh.
    I don't think it's worth the 8 hour trip. But it's pretty sweet anyways. Everything is definitely doable on a hardtail.

banned
    Yeah. That was my second time there and there is still stuff I haven't hit.

A lil bit of the skinnies and stuff and the whose your daddy drop.

I hit the drop in pic #10.

Yeah Sombrio, I hit it. Sorry, I must've forgotten to tell you. Matt led me into it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    haha, u finaly hit it.its still a realy f@cking small drop though, hey i tell u what, if i dont hit Who's Your Daddy the next time we go up there u can literaly kick my @ss

Glad to Be Alive
    sweet..............................
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

banned
    Dude, you're wrist is broken. If the other breaks, your love life is overr

Freeriding Feline
    Great pics. Looks like a good time despite the weather.
    Sorry about your wrist though. That stinks.
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrio69
    haha, u finaly hit it.its still a realy f@cking small drop though, hey i tell u what, if i dont hit Who's Your Daddy the next time we go up there u can literaly kick my @ss

Just throwing this in there...

Sombrio hasn't hit it yet and we've been up there, what, 3 more times?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 2006FisherPHD
    Just throwing this in there...

Sombrio hasn't hit it yet and we've been up there, what, 3 more times?
    what are u talkin bout, i have hit it lots of time. jus ask Hunter, Gibbs, the Gooch, Las or a cuple of the TS crew.

mtbr member
    cooooooooooooooooooool
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Can I paint your rockring, silly bun salad?

kona-tize me captain
    that looks like a sick trail, i wish there was stuff liek that were i am
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Professional Troll
    whoa **** u broke your hand??? how??? Now we can't go snow DH-ing in peoria :'(. Im just getting over my broken wrist ha ha. well i guess you breaking your wrist really isn't ha ha funny.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Haha ya, I broke my wrist, in 3 places, but that was back in the middle of the summa. It was on the river view jump, I nailed that wood post in front of the jump w/ my front tire going way to fast, and went over the bars. 2 weeks later, my wrist was still broken, and I did the same exact thing and broke it even worse. And that has happened every time that I hit that jump, idk y maybe im just retarded.

Its sapost to get in the 40-50ís next week so a lot of the snow is gonna melt so im plannen on checkin out Farmdale next weekend. Gotta love muddy DH runs

Professional Troll
    oh wow, well im no smarter, i was doing a bunch of DH shuttle runs when my wrist was still somewhat broken, but it was a little longer than 2 weeks that i waited ha ha. Anyways, mud will be awezome, hopefully don johnson will get back and ican grab his mud tires, we need to roughen that track up a bit.

bah!
    Quote Originally Posted by standard235
    Dude, you're wrist is broken. If the other breaks, your love life is overr
    ohhhh SNAP!!!
    - NS Surge Custom Build in process

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2k05
    oh wow, well im no smarter, i was doing a bunch of DH shuttle runs when my wrist was still somewhat broken, but it was a little longer than 2 weeks that i waited ha ha. Anyways, mud will be awezome, hopefully don johnson will get back and ican grab his mud tires, we need to roughen that track up a bit.
    ya no kiddin, the Pamba folk promised ur like 3 times that they would beef up the couse but it still has not happened, just like that DS course that was sapost to be built right near the DH course. were did Don go? me Don and 2 others started to build a real nice DJ line at Dons place, it ant done yet, but deffinetly nice.

Professional Troll
    awezome. Yeah well i think we'll just have ot roughen that course up, either ride it a tad when its wet to get some ruts going or just start throwing random rocks in there, enough of this cleanly manicured rockgarden business. We need some strange awkward lines for people to take. I'll probably get in trouble but.... whatev, im a dumb kid.....or something. I don't think that exscuse works when youre 20 anymore

Members who have read this thread: 0