Picked up my Entourage today...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Picked up my Entourage today...

I have pics on my phone but have no idea how to post them to a forum. I took a short 3 mile ride with it today on an old ATV trail by my house and in no way was that trail intended for bikes. The trail was washed out but it had a mix of obstacles, downhill and climbs. It took a short time to get used to the full suspension as I've never owned a bike with it.

The bike rode great and I caught a lot of speed through the washed downhill sections and the suspension soaked up every bump. It was fun riding it. I took the bike home to make a few personal adjustments; brakes, seat post, bars and a pedal change and now it fits right. I'm taking it to a FR/single track tomorrow to utilize the bike on a better fitting ground to push it a bit.

Some of you may remember my front brake removal idea/question and I can say, after my short ride, those who said do not remove it couldn't have been more correct. I tried not using the front brake for about half the trail and it got sketchy at times. The only drawbacks on my ride are climbing with the Entourage is a little difficult but that might be me getting used to the bike and the weight, not a real big issue but you can tell its there.

mtbr member
    not really meant to climb, but you can if you're ironman

Make sure you set up you suspension correctly though. Read the manual if it's your first FS bike. It will likely ride better, then make adjustments from there.

Can't wait to see the pictures! just email them to yourself and post them on the computer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Awesome! Sounds like your going to have a great time on that rig. Not sure what cassette you have on that but if you plan on pedaling it a bit maybe throw a 11-36 on it to help with the climbs. That 36t rear will help if you need to get up some hills although still will be a bit of a challenge.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    That should be a sweet bike for single track/freeride as long as you dont have to climb much

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Well, more saddle time today at Hillside MTB park in Elk River MN. The trail is numbered 1-4 for difficulty and skill level. 1 being novice and 4 being I'd say advanced to vet. The Entourage is a quick and nimble ride through almost everything. I rode all four trails as they are all connected with exits at each ending. The Entourage is a difficult climber and the sugar sand on 70% of the uphill wasn't a good combo so some of the steeper quick climbs I was walking up the hills and that got annoying.

Trails 2/3 were switchbacks, quick turns, a few small jumps and rocks. This is where I got into trouble. At one point, I was riding one section that splits into three, left, a downhill with a tree and a high right turn. Right, a downhill with a high right and the center, a steep rock garden full of slick rocks. I thought, sure, rocks here we go. I carried a little speed and as I feathered the front brake, the front tire grabbed half way down and over the bars I went. I cartwheeled down the rocks something awful and the bike landed on me at the bottom. Nothing broken but I've got four punctures in my right arm, elbow and pelvis area. Ouch.

I finished out the trail after a 20 minute pity party on #4 and that trail had all the jumps and damn that was fun. Like someone above me said, once I dial in the suspension, this bike will be perfect for me.

Glad to Be Alive
    no pictures = no bike

the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    There you go. Best I can do for 6am.

meow meow
    if i could utilize such a bike that would be high on my list.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnp View Post
    There you go. Best I can do for 6am.

sweet
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Life Is Short
    Love the John Deere and the ATV, the bike is nice too

Life Is Short
    Quote Originally Posted by howardyudoing View Post
    not really meant to climb, but you can if you're ironman

Make sure you set up you suspension correctly though. Read the manual if it's your first FS bike. It will likely ride better, then make adjustments from there.

Can't wait to see the pictures! just email them to yourself and post them on the computer.
    Do what I did with a 2009 Stinky that had the ISCG mount, buy a Hammerschmidt
    then you can climb almost anything. Sure its a $600 hunk of metal but maybe he can find a used one on ebay. No shame with having a left hand shifter on a DH bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    The way you are riding the bike I would get an adjustable seatpost. It will make the downhill sections easier to ride and the climbs more comfortable.

9 lives
    A dropper post is on my wish list
    This is on my radar:

Thomson Dropper Post - Eurobike 2012 - Pinkbike

(Now it they could just drop the price!)
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    Love the John Deere and the ATV, the bike is nice too
    The ATV is my other hobby. It's a fun alternative for the winter months.

Members who have read this thread: 0