Pegs-- Mtbr.com

Thread: Pegs-

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Pegs-

Do pegs work with a standard QR axle or only with 20mm? 2nd, is it just standard BMX pegs or something else?

PS- Give me all the crap you want about putting pegs on a 26" bike but they make it possible to do something other than pedal grinds.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mackie
    Do pegs work with a standard QR axle or only with 20mm? 2nd, is it just standard BMX pegs or something else?

PS- Give me all the crap you want about putting pegs on a 26" bike but they make it possible to do something other than pedal grinds.
    from what i understand, you need a specificly built hub (there was one in jib or union that v-dub was showing that bombshell had to custom make.) traditional axles are not even long enough to clear the dropouts let alone hold a peg

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

know where I could find one?

by chance?

Pro Crastinator
    by chance?
    read my post again, it was edited in the meantime

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

damn

Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    from what i understand, you need a specificly built hub (there was one in jib or union that v-dub was showing that bombshell had to custom make.) traditional axles are not even long enough to clear the dropouts let alone hold a peg
    I'll try to figure out a way.

Cynical Bystander
    I'll try to figure out a way.
    Not sure how to do it, but a friend of mine has a 03 P.1 and occasionally he sticks a peg on the rear.(not sure if you were even originally talking about rear pegs, or not, probably not but oh well). i doubt that helps, but hopefully it does.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

V10 Freerider

Pegs

Would it be possible to replace the axle on a standard QR hub with the axle from a BMX Hub? You would have to have flat dropouts so it would not work with a front fork.

The smallest freestyle axle is 3/8". My BMX bike has 14mm rear and 3/8" front. I have never seen a peg that would fit anything larger than 14mm.
    The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenschwinn
    Would it be possible to replace the axle on a standard QR hub with the axle from a BMX Hub? You would have to have flat dropouts so it would not work with a front fork.

The smallest freestyle axle is 3/8". My BMX bike has 14mm rear and 3/8" front. I have never seen a peg that would fit anything larger than 14mm.
    I saw someone with a Psylo XC Tullio with a peg on the front. They tapped out the inside of the axle and had an "axle" type thing going through it with pegs on both sides.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Serving you since 2010
    Feb 2004
    by chance?
    Check out the WoodMan Bill Extreme at www.woodmancomponents.com. You may be able to use pegs with it, and it's not that expensive.
    Something witty goes here.

Members who have read this thread: 0