Pedals!- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Pedals!

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: f0ggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,315

    Pedals!

    Which Pedals are good for all around DJ, DH, FR, and Urban? How are the Crank Bros 5050s and whats the difference between the xx's, Azonic Aframes?, Eastons? Specialized?
    Any help will be much appreciated

  2. #2
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    I am a fan of A-frames and Kona Jact shict
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: f0ggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,315
    But I can get a killlllller deal on the 5050s and 5050xx's im just woundering what the difference is between them.

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation: standard235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,555
    XX's have sealed bearings. Replaceable plates and stuff.


    I know the XX's are the ones with sealed bearings but i dunno any other differences.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ebfreerider510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,572
    i didn't like the 50/50x's that i tried out. easton flatboys are awesome pedals....insane grip and super light weight. can't beat that.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: f0ggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,315
    yea ive been thinkin alot about thoes, but 100 dollars sheesh, I can get xx's for like...75 bucks

    Also the Shimano MX30 has good reviews any personal experience?
    Last edited by f0ggy; 07-08-2006 at 11:09 PM.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ebfreerider510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,572
    if you don't want to pay the extra cash....just go with the azonic a frames.




    Quote Originally Posted by f0ggy
    yea ive been thinkin alot about thoes, but 100 dollars sheesh, I can get xx's for like...75 bucks

    Also the Shimano MX30 has good reviews any personal experience?

  8. #8
    Appalache Cycles
    Reputation: RobV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    116
    I've got the A-frames on my hardtail and they are awesome pedals, loads of grip and feel good under foot (well my feet anyway).

    On my DH rig I've got 5050xx's and they look and feel good but I did have to put DMR terror pins in the front and back and leave the supplied "nubs" in the middle to give good grip and give a more concaved feel.

    If I was buying another pair, I'd go with the A-frames everytime!

    Both pedals are loads better than the DMR V12's I was using before.

    Also in this months dirt, there is a pic of a bike with 5050's and one of the plates missing, they don't mention anything about it but I'm thinking it might have been ripped off!!! Just something to think about!

    Rob

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,440
    i like syncros and atomlab, but i am being biased. the 5050 are way cool too, but they seem too pretty to muck up. to those who own them, do they stay nice looking?

  10. #10
    Appalache Cycles
    Reputation: RobV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599
    i like syncros and atomlab, but i am being biased. the 5050 are way cool too, but they seem too pretty to muck up. to those who own them, do they stay nice looking?
    It's not long before the colour starts to disappear and you can see the silver beneath but only on the edges and they still look good.

    Oh, by the way I'm english so colour is spelt right!!!!!

    Rob

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by RobV
    Oh, by the way I'm english so colour is spelt right!!!!!Rob
    cool on the 5050

    but spelt is not, unless you were refering to the ancient grain

  12. #12
    Appalache Cycles
    Reputation: RobV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599
    cool on the 5050

    but spelt is not, unless you were refering to the ancient grain
    ah, well lets not forget who invented "english"!!!
    The oxford english dictionary has this as the definition-

    "SPELT" - past and past participle of SPELL

    And you would be right, I have nothing better to do than go on to the Oxford dictionary site!!!

    Rob

    P.S. please don't pick up on any other spelling mistakes as I'm trying to watch the world cup final and checking the Oxford dictinary site may mean I miss the action!!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by RobV
    ah, well lets not forget who invented "english"!!!
    The oxford english dictionary has this as the definition-

    "SPELT" - past and past participle of SPELL

    And you would be right, I have nothing better to do than go on to the Oxford dictionary site!!!

    Rob

    P.S. please don't pick up on any other spelling mistakes as I'm trying to watch the world cup final and checking the Oxford dictinary site may mean I miss the action!!
    you english!!! i stand corrected then

    in america spelt is a hardy wheat and spelled is past tense

  14. #14
    Appalache Cycles
    Reputation: RobV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    116
    Yeah, it does say that it is only really used in Britain!

    Rob

  15. #15
    Err
    Err is offline
    Calm like a bomb
    Reputation: Err's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,539
    I have a set of Truvative Holzfellers that Iike for DJ and Atomlab Aircorps that I like better on the trails. Got a set of 5050's with the long pins in and they seem pretty grippy too. The reason that I like the Truvatives over the Atomlab's for DJ is that the Atomlabs are so grippy (with 5.10's on) that it's hard to release and reposition your feet easily.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,494

    Specialized Lo Pro Mags.

    Quote Originally Posted by f0ggy
    Which Pedals are good for all around DJ, DH, FR, and Urban? How are the Crank Bros 5050s and whats the difference between the xx's, Azonic Aframes?, Eastons? Specialized?
    Any help will be much appreciated
    I just got a set of the Specialized Lo Pro Mags and they are the best flats that I have owned yet. They are very light, comfortable, grippy, and are re-buildable. Not to mention, they look swell.

    A couple riders at my LBS were really not impressed with the 50/50s and have put the Lo pros on all their rides. The rap on the 50s is that they do not grip that well and do not hold up to abuse over the long haul.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: f0ggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,315
    I got some Aframes today and I fakin love em, stick to my feet no matter what

    thanks Fellas

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.