Paint My TLD- Mtbr.com

Thread: Paint My TLD

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

New question here. Paint My TLD

Hey

So I have a TLD Helmet, and i wanted to paint it - im more into a flat gray or black than the wild multi colored ones they have - so I figured i'd just paint my old one.

Has anyone done this before?

What would I need besides vinyl tape for masking, primer, spray paint, and clear coat?

Thanks

PS - If any one has some wicked designs - post a sketch or something - i might be persuaded to try that if its cool.
    Pinning it Nor Cal style

mtbr member
    just mask off everything like the rubber trim well and take your time with many light coats in a room temperate area with low moisture...and if your going for a flat you will achieve that by not using a clear coat...
    Mongoose, Division 26, SixSixOne, Oakley, Efinger Sporting Goods.

mtbr member
    if you can find it there are clear coats on themarket that have a matte finnish, you should clear it with something the paint would be susseptible to being scratched off easily. if youy do this yourself remember to lightly scuff the surface of your lid so the base coat has something to grip to.
    "Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

kona-tize me captain
    Quote Originally Posted by kreater
    if you can find it there are clear coats on themarket that have a matte finnish, you should clear it with something the paint would be susseptible to being scratched off easily. if youy do this yourself remember to lightly scuff the surface of your lid so the base coat has something to grip to.

you can get thematte clearcloats at hobby stores and places like that, if u buy from a hobby sotre its normally in a small can though. home depot probabloy has it to.
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Thunder Chunky
    Quote Originally Posted by kreater
    using some very fine grit snadpaper would be how i would do this but it doesnt matter as along as the primer ahs something to stick to...(aka roughed up surface)
    Purple Popcorn

New School
    just rattle can it as it is, then scratch off cool designs that reveal the original paint. kind of like kindergrarten-second grade arts and crafts.
    ALGIO E OLIO!

Members who have read this thread: 0