Paid Spam: Jedi 4 sale (custom build) Price Reduced- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Paid Spam: Jedi 4 sale (custom build) Price Reduced

Just decided to go ahead and part with my '09 Jedi. I'm riding my Revolt much more consistently and would like to fill the Jedi's place with something different. Maybe a short travel FS or HT 4X/DJ bike. The price isn't cheap, but the bike hasn't really been ridden. I don't think it's really even broken in yet. Open to reasonable offers or possibly parting out.

Price reduced... Make me an offer.

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...ct=45752&cat=3
    Last edited by godfather; 02-09-2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Change of info

biking is fun
    wow thats a lot!!!! just sold mine and didn't even get close to that. good luck

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Yeah, I know. It's still well below the cost to build from scratch and it really is in like new condition. I figured I would teat the waters. I can always come down if I need to. I don't mind taking a little bit of a loss, but I don't see any reason to take a bath on the deal. If I can't find a buyer for the complete at a reasonable price, I'll either break it down to sell in pieces, use some of the parts to build another bike, or keep it to ride and for friends to use.

Just out of curiousity what did you get for yours and what kind of condition was it in?

mtbr member
    sigh you people across the pond get much better prices on stuff, in the uk we'd expect to spend in the region of 5000 which is pretty much $8000
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    That goes both ways I think. There are quite a few things that run a bit less over there too. It has a lot to do with the country of origin and transpost cost. If anybody in the UK wants a good deal on a Jedi, give me a shout.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Good luck with the sale!! Ive loved both of your bikes since the first day I saw them!! If you decide to part it out, feel free to donate the fork to me. lol... j/k of course

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

A Q

What do you like about the Revolt over the Jedi? What is the head ang. on your frame? Will you part the frame out? You can send me a PM if you want?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Blyth
    What do you like about the Revolt over the Jedi? What is the head ang. on your frame? Will you part the frame out? You can send me a PM if you want?
    For me, the Revolt just has a livelier, more playful feel. The Fox 40 feels so much smoother and more stable to me as well. I have nothing to complain about with the Jedi. If I didn't have the Revolt, I think I would be beyond satisfied with the Jedi. I have to give the Jedi the nod when it comes to taking square edged hits. It flows over that kind of stuff better than anything else I've been on. It wasn't any easy choice between the two bikes. If I kept them for another season, I might have an even harder time choosing. I don't feel like I've got them completely dialed in yet.

As for HA on the Jedi, I believe their specs say 65.3. That's the only thing that has has changed for the 2010 frames as far as I know. The HA is one degree slacker I think, 64.3.

I might part the frame out, if I had a good offer for the frame alone. For now, I'll wait to see if I can find a home for the complete bike, but feel free to throw out an offer. I can be a bit impulsive.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    After looking more closely at exactly what I have into the build, I feel like I can take a little bigger hit on the sale. I dropped the asking price to $4900. I figure that's about $1500-$1800 savings off of a new build for a bike that essentially has about a day to a day and a half of actual riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Updated ad... Make a reasonable offer.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by godfather
    Updated ad... Make a reasonable offer.

REALITY CHECK

the price you actually list is way to high..By the looks of the other bikes you are getting special pricing.....if you look around you can pay less then 4 grand just for a bran new complete bike with some pricerier rims (better then azonics) actually the bike is used now ...you won't get that price. selling overseas might be an option. your best bet is to strip it down and sale individually

here is one for 3800
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    part it out, thats the best bet. the build although decent isnt bling nad I sold my whole set up and gear, tools etc for $3500. I9s, 823s, formula the ones, bxr wc, king ti headset, twenty6 stem etc.... +scads of troy lee gear, begs armor etc.
    I quick sold mine because I broke my back and wouldnt stop riding! LOL so I bought a gsxr 1000 yeah that wasnt snart either! It hurt too...
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

Ricky DH
    Nice ride though. Hope you get it sold.

mtbr member
    O got the new glory for that. Wow is that high

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    If that 3800 Jedi is the one I think it is, it has been immaculately cared for. I took the BetterRide camp with Graham, and that bike was shined before and after each ride.
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    That frame is now on sale (new) for 2250. That's going to be a tough sell unless someone really needs a large.
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bullcrew
    part it out, thats the best bet. the build although decent isnt bling nad I sold my whole set up and gear, tools etc for $3500. I9s, 823s, formula the ones, bxr wc, king ti headset, twenty6 stem etc.... +scads of troy lee gear, begs armor etc.
    I quick sold mine because I broke my back and wouldnt stop riding! LOL so I bought a gsxr 1000 yeah that wasnt snart either! It hurt too...

Bullcrew, you know I love you man... but were you drunk when you wrote this??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Too high. I think that is why they haven't locked this post yet. The MODS want to see it go for a more reasonable price.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. This is kind of new to me.I guess I'm just used to selling things like cars, where you start a little higher than you want knowing that you'll end up haggling a bit. I understand that there are complete bikes out there new for what I have mine listed at, or even less. Typically the builds aren't as high end and there aren't many custom components, if any at all. This frame, new, retailed at about $3500 with shock and the complete at around $6500. The only less expensive part on the bike is the wheel set, which everyone seems to have pointed out. I have a set of DT FR2350's that I could throw on just as easily if it would make any difference. They have seen more riding, but are still straight and true, where the Outlaws are virtually new. I may just end up pulling it apart. I could use a lot of the parts for the bike I'm looking to build next, and the rest will probably be easier to sell separately.

Any suggestions on more appropriate pricing would be appreciated, complete or as parts.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    The problem with bikes is that most people are very picky when it comes to high end bikes. Like yours for example I like the frame, the wheels are trash for that high end of a build so I would have to change those. The Outlaws are a great wheelset but don't belong on that build. I don't like the SRAM shifting so I would have to change that out. The thumb thumb bothers me and the new saint stuff is just awesome. Great fork but with the new 2010's out right now with all the new changes that fork has lost lots of value and following. Personally I am not a fan of air sprung forks but that fork is still a great fork with a good following. Elka doesn't really have the following as FOX or CCDB.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Put the 2350's on it and list it at 3500 bucks. Might still be a little high. But one of the big issues you have is that the frame is now selling for 2250. I had the same problem when I sold my ASX. Jenson was blowing out the frames for 800 bucks and i had to take it in the shorts on the sale.

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by chinkerjuarez
    But one of the big issues you have is that the frame is now selling for 2250.
    That is not for the 2010 . That price is for new 08 or 09 Jedi I believe not the 2010. It is not uncommon for bike mfgs to discount last years line up. I see it all the time with Turner, Yeti, Transition, Giant, just to name a few. Smalls and Meds only I think.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    08, 09, 10 not much difference in those years on this bike??? In other words what do you gain with a 2010??? And he is selling an 09 so how does that apply to my post???

mtbr member
    08, 09, 10 not much difference in those years on this bike??? In other words what do you gain with a 2010??? And he is selling an 09 so how does that apply to my post???
    Slacker HA, can fit larger tires and something else?

7MGTE
    No worries it seemed like you were implying new Jedi go for 2250 and that is not the case. You do make a good point that since his is an 09 some one could buy a new 09 for 2250 (I agree). I was just pointing out that the 2010s were not being sold for 2250. I think that is a great deal I wish I could pick up an extra Jedi (build it specifically for FRing ) Oh, well for now one Jedi will do .

This may help some in the changes for 2010.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?...31&postcount=1

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ianjenn
    Slacker HA, can fit larger tires and something else?
    I believe it's only the HA change. There was a tire clearance increase occured between '08 and '09. That is, unless they created additional clearance for 2010.

Members who have read this thread: 0