Paging Zachdank - MMA Questions- Mtbr.com
    Broken and dizzy

Paging Zachdank - MMA Questions

Hey man, I know you're into all this and thought I'd pick your brain a little. I'm just getting to know the personalities within the ranks and saw the Faber vs. Curran fight on VS last night. Holy crap! Is it me, or is that kid damn good?! He's so fast and even when he's in positions that would normally be considered purely defensive only, he finds a way to attack. And talk about wicked elbows.... (That one legged knee to the face against Curran was outstanding!)

So is this guy someone to watch in the future or what? Also, where's the video of that fight? I can't find it anywhere...looks like it's been pulled from everything.

mtbr member
    Uriah Faber is a bad as$ fo sho. I think Kid Yamamoto would beat him, but it would be a war. Yamamoto fights for a different org though.
    Zuffa brand is who owns the WEC, and the UFC. That is who Faber fights for. Zuffa reinforces the copyright laws very strongly, and any footage that goes on Youtube, or what not, is a copyright violation, and Zuffa has lawyers all over it. So most footage from the WEC or the UFC is zapped off of those sharing websites almost instantly.

Check out this Highlight of Kid Yamamoto. The music is kind of weak, but you'll get a good glimse of the best 145 pounder on the planet.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F48Fxnu3Jek"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F48Fxnu3Jek" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

clyde in training
    my favorite faber fight is when he fought tyson griffin, and lost. As you can probably tell, I am not a big faber fan.

ps. my buddy Kyle Gibbons is a cage fighter who hasn't quite made it to the ufc, ifl, or wec ect. yet but he has some videos on youtube worth watching.

Broken and dizzy
    Thanks Zach. That explains why there's no good video of that fight available on the net. Faber vs. Yamamoto would be damn fun to watch. I think the thing that caught my attention the most about Faber was his ability to still be offensive when clearly at a disadvantage/defensive position. (Not to mention I saw him do things I've never scene a fighter do before.) I'm also realizing that, for me anyway, while the Heavyweights can throw some bombs, the lighter weight categories offer more action.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfinguru
    Thanks Zach. That explains why there's no good video of that fight available on the net. Faber vs. Yamamoto would be damn fun to watch. I think the thing that caught my attention the most about Faber was his ability to still be offensive when clearly at a disadvantage/defensive position. (Not to mention I saw him do things I've never scene a fighter do before.) I'm also realizing that, for me anyway, while the Heavyweights can throw some bombs, the lighter weight categories offer more action.
    Lightweight fights > Heavyweight fights

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Faber's amazing to watch. Unexpected moves and explosive power,

edit: My 1st responded to this thread was at work where I couldn't view Utube videos. I had never seen Yamamoto fight but He looks incredible. It just goes to show, natural ability + mucho, mucho, MUCHO training yields champions. I think a Faber/Yamamoto fight would be epic.

edit: edit: I was just thinking Faber's incredible at his current weight but I don't know if he would be as dominant if he gained weight. Would he still be a fast and explosive with 20-30 more lbs??
    Last edited by NorKal; 03-06-2008 at 09:53 PM.

mtbr member
    Faber is the WEC golden boi............... many many fighters flux weight classes and theres starting to be talk of him needing to move up to 155 lbs. When he does theres people waiting. He's good and he's what you get with those small rassl'ers.... their very animated.

Now about his nutthugger club, now that is another amazing statistic. He actually has a fan hanging on every ball bair

Too bad they dont match his fights according to height ..... he'd have to fight wee man Monson, now that would be hilarious.

Members who have read this thread: 0