Pack it in, Pack it out- Mtbr.com
    Ancient Chinese Secret

Pack it in, Pack it out

This is a public service announcement. It's for everyone, but it's especially for those who frequent the DJ's out in the forest in Nor Cal (you know who you are).

PACK OUT YOUR SH*T!

I know it's not cool to wear a camelback, but leaving half-empty beverage containers next to the trail ain't cool and the animals are spreading it all over the place. How hard is it to dump out the rest of your favorite beverage, compress the bottle down to almost nothing and put it in your pocket. Look, I know it sucks, but you're all giving us a bad name, especially when it comes to DL trails.

If you really can't pack it out for some strange reason (like you broke your arm hitting that sweet 30 footer, or platform drop), then give to it your buddy. If you can't do that, please dump out the remainder of the material in the bottle, preferably (and especially in the case of Red Bull or some other foul substance), away from the jumps. Compress it down and put the lid back on. Then, you can put it on the existing pile. This will enable those of us who actually GIVE A SH!T to pack it out ourselves for your lame ass.

Oh and if you have food wrappers, please pack that out too. If you can the food as well, but if you can't, throw the food off into the forest so that that crows don't rip apart the existing pile of trash and strew it all over our jump spot. But once again, in case you didn't hear me the first time.

PACK OUT YOUR SH*T!

Thank you.

<end rant>

mtbr member
    I agree.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

Come at me bro.
    x100.

what you fit in your camelbak will definately go back into the bag as an empty wrapper or bottle once you are finished w/ it. i hate litterer's.
    specifically, pacifica...that place has GARBAGE CANS FOR CHRISTS SAKE in the lower section, and i still see ****in garbage scattered around that place. pet peeve...

Moose Member
    i just bring a box of granola bars in, eat them, then pack the wrappers and all my other trash (bottles... etc) into the empty box. makes it nice and easy to carry in, and out.

Glad to Be Alive
    true dat...I am so sick and tired picking up EVERY TIME I RIDE
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Pee's in the H8teraid
    Quote Originally Posted by Swell Guy View Post
    This is a public service announcement. It's for everyone, but it's especially for those who frequent the DJ's out in the forest in Nor Cal (you know who you are).

PACK OUT YOUR SH*T!

I know it's not cool to wear a camelback, but leaving half-empty beverage containers next to the trail ain't cool and the animals are spreading it all over the place. How hard is it to dump out the rest of your favorite beverage, compress the bottle down to almost nothing and put it in your pocket. Look, I know it sucks, but you're all giving us a bad name, especially when it comes to DL trails.

If you really can't pack it out for some strange reason (like you broke your arm hitting that sweet 30 footer, or platform drop), then give to it your buddy. If you can't do that, please dump out the remainder of the material in the bottle, preferably (and especially in the case of Red Bull or some other foul substance), away from the jumps. Compress it down and put the lid back on. Then, you can put it on the existing pile. This will enable those of us who actually GIVE A SH!T to pack it out ourselves for your lame ass.

Oh and if you have food wrappers, please pack that out too. If you can the food as well, but if you can't, throw the food off into the forest so that that crows don't rip apart the existing pile of trash and strew it all over our jump spot. But once again, in case you didn't hear me the first time.

PACK OUT YOUR SH*T!

Thank you.

<end rant>
    I cleaned up the trash out there some weeks back..Crap was everywhere.. The (ir)responsible turds need to be slapped..
    '10 SXT
    '10 Demo 8
    '09 Yeti DJ

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    HOO RAH!

Like the man said pack it out. You don't number2 in front of the toilet do ya. because thats what it looks like when there is garbage on the trails

my fun has a hurting
    one of the first wilderness lessons i was ever taught. when i was like 5. i am always amazed at how short sighted and selfish people can be.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Pick it up!

mtbr member
    Truth!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    X100 Trash on trials is just more ammo towards getting trails shut down.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Khartik View Post
    X100 Trash on trials is just more ammo towards getting trails shut down.
    Yep
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    true dat...I am so sick and tired picking up EVERY TIME I RIDE
    Well put I agree

banned
    Feb 2012
    it's often groms who do this, carlmont's the worst
    I've seen stupid kids standing right next to a garbage can during a volunteer cleanup day and throw trash on the ground
    bring back corporal punishment
    Last edited by butt hurt; 02-10-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Ancient Chinese Secret
    FYI, I took out a huge trash bag today and left another one in its place. If you really must leave your SH!T please use the receptacle provided with the guidelines set forth above. But better yet

PACK OUT YOUR SH!T

Thank you.

Members who have read this thread: 0