p1 what size- Mtbr.com

Thread: p1 what size

I wanna talk to Samson!

p1 what size

im looking into gettin a p1 how have u built yours up and what size would u recomend for someone who is 5'9 and growing
    thanks
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    im looking into gettin a p1 how have u built yours up and what size would u recomend for someone who is 5'9 and growing
    thanks
    the long. do not get the short.

Cynical Bystander
    thanks
    LONG...
    I used to have a 03 stock, i'm 6' ish. fun bike...fun fun bike
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

I wanna talk to Samson!

long

what are the main differences between the 2
    JackNugz

no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

Cynical Bystander
    what are the main differences between the 2
    I've ridden both(friend has a short p.2) and its like riding a 20 almost. A bit exaggerated but you get the idea. Dream4est is significantly shorter than me i think and he bought my p1 so i'm guessing that you ought to go with the long because it'll fit you better.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    LONG...
    I used to have a 03 stock, i'm 6' ish. fun bike...fun fun bike
    ok thanks for your help im gonna go for the long. eventually i think im gonna throw a dj3 on it. its gonna be sick.
    JackNugz

go big
    Jan 2004
    I am 5'11" ride a p1 long with the 5.9" travel dj2 the bike is rad
    but me right foot rubs the front tire on x ups other than that i have yet to find a rider who can out sky me on my 26" bmx single speed P

mtbr member
    i wear 9.5 shoes and i am 5 foot 8 and the long p1 hits my foot on x-ups. heres a shot where it happened slightly. thats my only issue with the bike. other than that it rips. sprocket if you really want to be challenged by other hardtail riders i suggest that you head up here to eaton park and also check out lake arbor in arvada and sunset in lakewood. there are top racers as well as local shredders who are hitting big, steep and tight rhythms. im from springs and i have never seen anything like these spots there. from what i have seen eaton, arbor and sunset have the biggest rhythm jumps in the state.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est
    i wear 9.5 shoes and i am 5 foot 8 and the long p1 hits my foot on x-ups. heres a shot where it happened slightly. thats my only issue with the bike. other than that it rips. sprocket if you really want to be challenged by other hardtail riders i suggest that you head up here to eaton park and also check out lake arbor in arvada and sunset in lakewood. there are top racers as well as local shredders who are hitting big, steep and tight rhythms. im from springs and i have never seen anything like these spots there. from what i have seen eaton, arbor and sunset have the biggest rhythm jumps in the state.
    Mark, you ever seen the dj's near Vickers and Academy? They're like the ones in your pics but more based around 20"ers so they're real compact, but there's some bigger ones than in your rhythm there(too bad I can't do them ) We still gotta go riding sometime, maybe when I get my On-One Gimp build up. later
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

mtbr member
    its hard to tell in the shots, but some of the gaps are 21 foot and some of the wells are 10 foot deep.that jump at end of main is the smallest big one here. the small sets have been rebuilt here and at lake arbor. and sunset is the biggest steepest bmx set around. i remember vickers and academy. it was not like you are saying it is now so i will have to come down. hardtails on the djs and big bikes at palmer park? we will come down on a sat or sun and you can take us around.

Cynical Bystander
    its hard to tell in the shots, but some of the gaps are 21 foot and some of the wells are 10 foot deep.that jump at end of main is the smallest big one here. the small sets have been rebuilt here and at lake arbor. and sunset is the biggest steepest bmx set around. i remember vickers and academy. it was not like you are saying it is now so i will have to come down. hardtails on the djs and big bikes at palmer park? we will come down on a sat or sun and you can take us around.
    Yeah, they're huge now. Not nearly as big as those you're telling me about, but there's some big stuff there. You're gonna come down this weekend? Awesome. I"m probably gonna head up to Vail on Sunday to go snowboarding, but if you came down today that'd be cool. If you come down today call me at 282-3424 or if I'm not there at 641-4102. later,
    Tony
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

go big
    Jan 2004
    cool man be sure and hit me up when you get into town the vickers trails are gettin built up rad. allthough i havent ridin thier for a year or 2. last time i rode vickers i was on a 20" riding by myself i got nocked out on the wooden step you know the one built by duncun. i woke up too some kids poking me with sticks it was preaty scary. the trail has improved 100% scince then every time i go their they are under construction so i havent been able to ride them yet. anyway I would love to come to boulder and ride youre spot. it is boulder right?
    o well i will P.M you my phone # I would love to ride with you guys
    Late

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by sprocket
    cool man be sure and hit me up when you get into town the vickers trails are gettin built up rad. allthough i havent ridin thier for a year or 2. last time i rode vickers i was on a 20" riding by myself i got nocked out on the wooden step you know the one built by duncun. i woke up too some kids poking me with sticks it was preaty scary. the trail has improved 100% scince then every time i go their they are under construction so i havent been able to ride them yet. anyway I would love to come to boulder and ride youre spot. it is boulder right?
    o well i will P.M you my phone # I would love to ride with you guys
    Late
    Hey Rocky, you wanna hit up the bmx track this morning and do those drops? How does 11 work? Let me know. BTW if you do want to go, bring a few shovels and maybe we can work on some thigns out there. late.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

go big
    Jan 2004
    Hey Rocky, you wanna hit up the bmx track this morning and do those drops? How does 11 work? Let me know. BTW if you do want to go, bring a few shovels and maybe we can work on some thigns out there. late.
    Tony give me a RING I am going to work on my forks a little this morning I can mabie meet you their around noon. but hey I want to go see if the cutes are dry enough to ride. LATE.

mtbr member
    Yeah, they're huge now. Not nearly as big as those you're telling me about, but there's some big stuff there. You're gonna come down this weekend? Awesome. I"m probably gonna head up to Vail on Sunday to go snowboarding, but if you came down today that'd be cool. If you come down today call me at 282-3424 or if I'm not there at 641-4102. later,
    Tony
    im thinking in two weeks. my friends have spring break coming so we will come down. by bmx track your referring to rampart high? sounds like springs is way better than in 1997. tony and sprocket we would also want to shuttle something like capn jacks.

Cynical Bystander
    im thinking in two weeks. my friends have spring break coming so we will come down. by bmx track your referring to rampart high? sounds like springs is way better than in 1997. tony and sprocket we would also want to shuttle something like capn jacks.
    Mark, that sounds good. I think I've got spring break the week after this upcoming week, and yeah that is the rampart bmx track(also where i go to school)... but there's some fun stuff behind it too, a small dh line w/rock garden, a nice 7-8foot gap step down also some huge(for me atleast ) drops nearby. i'm gonna ride them today so I'll try and post some pics this afternoon. i'd love to shuttle capn jacks and other things with you guys but seeing as how i still can't drive would you guys be able to take me there?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

mtbr member
    we will come down in two cars so we can shuttle tony. does rampart have sets of djs? does vickers and academy have small and medium rhythms or just big? any other dj spots? tony i want to get there real early on a sunday and hit djs, then palmer and then some shuttling. i need various options as my group will have freeriders of all abilities.

Cynical Bystander
    we will come down in two cars so we can shuttle tony. does rampart have sets of djs? does vickers and academy have small and medium rhythms or just big? any other dj spots? tony i want to get there real early on a sunday and hit djs, then palmer and then some shuttling. i need various options as my group will have freeriders of all abilities.
    That's gonna be sweet! Rampart doesn't have a set of dj's, there's one small(3-4gap) double behind the track on the way to some FR stuff, but for the most part we're usually on FS rigs back there. UH...I don't know about small/medium rhythms at vickers, as I've only been there once, but I'm sure there's some stuff that would be worth playing around on there. There's some medium sized rhythms out near Powers and Barnes that are cool...sprocket said he found some new ones but I'm not sure where they are at. You should also ask DH'er16 and DanD they know more about the ColoSpgs area than I do. Are most of you guys bringing hardtails and big bikes? If so, do you think there would be room for me to bring a hardtail also? I'm hopefully going to have it somewhatbuild up in a few weeks(On-One Gimp). Let me know, this should be a cool trip thing. Which sunday are you guys thinking of coming down? the 28th? or this upcoming one? I'll probably be gone this upcoming one...Well I'm off to Breckenridge for the day, Later.
    Tony
    Tony
    is making a comeback.