P.2 frame wieght- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Don't skid
    Reputation: KONA_in_SB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,160

    P.2 frame wieght

    Does anyone know how much a 2004 p2 or p3 frame wieghts? I have looked all over the specialized website and can't find $hit.

  2. #2
    have you seen my baseball
    Reputation: Photo_Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    64
    5 lb.s? i have an 03 p.1.

  3. #3
    Disco-Superfly
    Reputation: Jake_HT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by KONA_in_SB
    Does anyone know how much a 2004 p2 or p3 frame wieghts? I have looked all over the specialized website and can't find $hit.
    '04 p.2, about 5-5.5 pounds, light and strong.
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    86
    I think it is closer to 17. Their pretty indestructible bikes.

  5. #5
    Uhhhhh...
    Reputation: TheSherpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerx336
    I think it is closer to 17. Their pretty indestructible bikes.
    I think your a dumbass.

    -TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

  6. #6
    Innovate or die!
    Reputation: j6105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    702

    well

    check it, if its light enough for it to be raced in the World championships at Les Gets, France then its light enough for you. And those things are sick looking AND bombproof.(pick is from thread about world champs 4x, check how leaned over he is.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Don't skid
    Reputation: KONA_in_SB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,160
    Dude that is a sweet pic. I guess i'll keep the frame. I was thinking it was heavy. My bad. I know it's strong as hell b/c i've been dj'ing it all summer and doing some drops to flat and it still seems good. Although I had to replace the fork (got a dj 3) and the hubs are starting to have play in them but the frame seems good.
    Rock on dude.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    I think your a dumbass.

    -TS
    I see your from fayetville, did you race DD?

    I love my p.1. I got it back in '03 and have also replaced the fork (DJ2) and had a front hub blow out. THose are really the only problem areas on the bike.

  9. #9
    is faster than you
    Reputation: J-ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    54

    good deal too

    i have a p1. i originally wanted just the frame so i called specialized and asked the price and they said 500.00 for the p3. specialized told me that its identical to the p1 and p2, just different parts. so i went to my local dealer to order one, but i bought a complete p1 instead. why? cuz it was 600.00!!!!!! and its the same frame. 100 bucks for all those extra parts! hell yeah ill spend an extra 100 bucks! oh yeah, it rules too. with the solid axle you can run a peg. yes i run a peg, yes i used to bmx, and yes i use it to grind all knids of stuff. please dont attack me, aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #10
    Uhhhhh...
    Reputation: TheSherpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerx336
    I see your from fayetville, did you race DD?

    I love my p.1. I got it back in '03 and have also replaced the fork (DJ2) and had a front hub blow out. THose are really the only problem areas on the bike.
    Yea i raced. I love the P. series, my riding bud abouts to get a P2 and i can't wait.

    -TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

  11. #11
    Yay
    Reputation: mtb care bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    302
    P bikes are awesome bikes. I just ordered a new 05' P3, that thing is sick. It should be here in about a week!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, -WOW- What a ride...!!!!

  12. #12
    Disco-Superfly
    Reputation: Jake_HT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb care bear
    P bikes are awesome bikes. I just ordered a new 05' P3, that thing is sick. It should be here in about a week!
    thats sweet care bear, you should get a 24" rear ( if you still have money left)
    They work well with the p's.....
    Super easy to pull up and the acceleration is great!
    and i noticed a bit more braking power... but i dont have it anymore( borrowed)
    Is the new frames the same as the 04?
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

  13. #13
    The king is on fire
    Reputation: NotQuiteJdm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    thats sweet care bear, you should get a 24" rear ( if you still have money left)
    They work well with the p's.....
    Super easy to pull up and the acceleration is great!
    and i noticed a bit more braking power... but i dont have it anymore( borrowed)
    Is the new frames the same as the 04?
    they work well? It lowers the bb too low and if you have a single speed the accleration is good enough..i think

  14. #14
    Disco-Superfly
    Reputation: Jake_HT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by NotQuiteJdm
    they work well? It lowers the bb too low and if you have a single speed the accleration is good enough..i think
    Yeah i have hit the pedals quite a bit off the ground.
    but I also had a old junior T, 6 incher, which put it up a bit more.
    It was sweet i tell ya, sweet
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

  15. #15
    have you seen my baseball
    Reputation: Photo_Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerx336
    I see your from fayetville, did you race DD?

    I love my p.1. I got it back in '03 and have also replaced the fork (DJ2) and had a front hub blow out. THose are really the only problem areas on the bike.
    that's funny, same probs, but the only probs. i had my original QR hub blow and i broke the axe too. went with the 20mm DJ1 after that.

  16. #16
    north bush biker
    Reputation: NRTH SHORE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by j6105
    check it, if its light enough for it to be raced in the World championships at Les Gets, France then its light enough for you. And those things are sick looking AND bombproof.(pick is from thread about world champs 4x, check how leaned over he is.)
    what kinda fork is that person rocking? it looks like it says REBA
    RIDE HARD,RIDE FAST

  17. #17
    Disco-Superfly
    Reputation: Jake_HT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by NRTH SHORE
    what kinda fork is that person rocking? it looks like it says REBA
    It does say reba
    Made by RockShox
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    Yea i raced. I love the P. series, my riding bud abouts to get a P2 and i can't wait.

    -TS
    What class were you running and what bike were you on? Mighta seen ya.

  19. #19
    Uhhhhh...
    Reputation: TheSherpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerx336
    What class were you running and what bike were you on? Mighta seen ya.
    I was Goon Squad and an 04 Bighit Comp w/ an 04 Super T

    -TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    I was Goon Squad and an 04 Bighit Comp w/ an 04 Super T

    -TS
    Oo, I mighta been on the shuttle up for the first runs with you. '03 Black V10 with 888.

    - Andrew

  21. #21
    Uhhhhh...
    Reputation: TheSherpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerx336
    Oo, I mighta been on the shuttle up for the first runs with you. '03 Black V10 with 888.

    - Andrew
    Oh ****, Andrew Clark? If thats you, you can whip that damn bike.

    -TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    Oh ****, Andrew Clark? If thats you, you can whip that damn bike.

    -TS
    haha yea thats me, thanks for the props. Didn't think you would know my name though. haha

  23. #23
    Just Ride
    Reputation: zerossix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,015
    off topic. anyone know waht cranks hes rocking there? look sorta like XTs but also resimble new ultegra. ill be pissed if hes rockin the ultegra, that was totaly my idea.
    anyone else seen the new ultegra for this year? looks like it'd be perfect for 4x

Similar Threads

  1. Bought a frame with a crack
    By MegaVolt in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 11:51 AM
  2. What did my 88 Fat Chance sell for new?
    By mojo in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 02:26 PM
  3. Besides less weight, why do people buy XC frames?
    By BudhaGoodha in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 08-30-2004, 10:53 PM
  4. frame wieght
    By griffinsurfboard in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 08:49 AM
  5. comparison of ProPedal, Float and ALPS on same frame
    By ccm in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 08:37 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.