Overhauling the stable....- Mtbr.com
    Clever Slogan
    Jun 2004

Overhauling the stable....

Got a lot done this fall:

1) finished house remodel
    2) got married, 10 day honeymoon to Whistler, nice.
    3) 80% of Scream pivots were shot, 100% replaced, new rear shock for the Scream. I've been on this frame for three years now and building it up as money permits and broken parts require. I'm finally done...until something breaks. I love this bike. I usually get bored with bikes in short order, not the Scream! This biotch takes everything just like a Hong Kong hooker then asks for more. She's heavy at 52.5 lbs. but who gives a ****.
    4) The old Banshee Scratch is the bike that couldn't be sold! I bought her two years ago during a moment of impulsive weakness, rode her a little then got bored and tried finding a new home for the Scratch. After a year I said piss on it and built her up with gears, ready to hit anything. 42.5 lbs sounds about right for the kit, she'll be the ultimate Blackrock bike, perfect for those trails, can't wait for that! Check the blood red e13 bashring, very cool imo.
    5) Neither the Scream nor the Scratch have seen dirt since finishing up the overhauls & builds. This is the best possible Christmas I've given myself in some time...old bikes but with new twists. They'll definately keep me entertained for some time.
    6) 5 years ago the On-One 456 would've been a sweet freeride bike, now it's xc. Doesn't matter because it's still sweet. There's no substitute for a good trail bike. Lotsa fun for sure. Just built her up about 6 weeks ago and have been tweaking the setup slightly. Got the '06 Pike 454 air this week for cheap. I love finding good deals on used stuff. This ride has definately seen the most action lately.
    7) then there's the On-One ss. Longest standing bike in my stable, since 2001, the only year these were made with 853 Reynolds tubes. Always been a great bike, especially for pub crawling...

more to come...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "...his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Clever Slogan
    Jun 2004

more pics...

1) beer. I love beer.
    2) wife's bike
    3) my 'urban' bike
    4) random pics....
    "...his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Clever Slogan
    Jun 2004

more...

enjoy..

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hey there Skinnyhippy, good looking stable. I just added a new one to mine, my first F/S a big hit spec. Have you been up to black rock latley? you been there in the rainy season, curious how much of it is rideable when wet? I gotta get my new bike on the trail it is killin me to see it sittin in the garage so lonely looking. Also woundering if there are any places closer to hit than BR (obviously not nearly as nice/big) I am so busy I haven't had enough time to get out there. I just wana find something to get used to that new rig.

mtbr member

Beer?

Hey Leo-

I didn't even look at your mtbr handle & was scrolling thru the pics when I saw your on/one w/ the pike...the one I just sold you! NICE stable there, including the 'zookie. I almost bit the bullut on one of those about 5 years back-sv 650 right?
    Anyway, enjoy the pike, I did, and I'll see you out there sometime.

John
    Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.

Glad to Be Alive
    nice Leo....take it up to BlackRock
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Clever Slogan
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Biker75
    Hey Leo-

I didn't even look at your mtbr handle & was scrolling thru the pics when I saw your on/one w/ the pike...the one I just sold you! NICE stable there, including the 'zookie. I almost bit the bullut on one of those about 5 years back-sv 650 right?
    Anyway, enjoy the pike, I did, and I'll see you out there sometime.

John

so far I'm very impressed with the Pike. Great fork, thanks for the hookup! Had it out for a night ride 2x, but I'll be puting her through gauntlet tomorrow out at Shellburg Falls.

It's an '06 SV1000s. One bad mother****er. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. Then buy a set of Metzeler M3 tires for insane traction.

Thanks again and see you on the trails. Eat some pizza will ya!

kona-tize me captain
    sick stable, i love banshees tkae care em, all equaly hah
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    different set up for a scratch then usual,but it looks good
    so this is how you add a signature!!

Clever Slogan
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicj82
    Hey there Skinnyhippy, good looking stable. I just added a new one to mine, my first F/S a big hit spec. Have you been up to black rock latley? you been there in the rainy season, curious how much of it is rideable when wet? I gotta get my new bike on the trail it is killin me to see it sittin in the garage so lonely looking. Also woundering if there are any places closer to hit than BR (obviously not nearly as nice/big) I am so busy I haven't had enough time to get out there. I just wana find something to get used to that new rig.

it's all rideable when it's wet. It's just not as easy!

If you're looking for some local riding that doesn't necessarily have mmtf's then check out Joryville park in S. Salem. Fun, short singletrack, perfect for breaking a bike in and dialing your setup. Congrats on the new ride!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnyhippy
    it's all rideable when it's wet. It's just not as easy!

If you're looking for some local riding that doesn't necessarily have mmtf's then check out Joryville park in S. Salem. Fun, short singletrack, perfect for breaking a bike in and dialing your setup. Congrats on the new ride!
    Right on, I didn't even think about that place. I spent a lot of party nights out there back in the high school days but never took a bike. I saw above your going to shelburg falls, How is that place? its up by silver creek right? Is it pretty advanced or anything beg/int up there?

Clever Slogan
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicj82
    Right on, I didn't even think about that place. I spent a lot of party nights out there back in the high school days but never took a bike. I saw above your going to shelburg falls, How is that place? its up by silver creek right? Is it pretty advanced or anything beg/int up there?

The Fall Line shop in Silverton is using the same group structure and agreements as BRMBA to build stunts out there (Shellburg). Historically the area has been just singletrack, great singletrack at that. But there are a few new mmtf lines going in that are beginner/intermediate. You'll need a map and/or a guide for Shellburg trail riding, it's a big area much larger than Blackrock. The stunt trails are easy to find and not get lost as they're confined to a specific area though. The whole area shares a boundary line with Silver Creek Falls park, if you're familiar with Lookout Mtn. Rd. you'll be okay, otherwise call up Santiam for directions & a map.

What's really sweet about Shellburg is that in a few more years when more stuff is built, we'll have fiendish East/West options. All legit. My dream come true.

Jory is where I started riding when I was like 11, I hadn't been out there for well over a decade until a few years ago when I 'rediscovered' it. Take a small saw, small clippers and open up some of the old lines. There are a number of locals cleaning up the old trails so nowadays you can have quite a good time there. Be super cool towards the equestrians if you see any. They're doing most of the work.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnyhippy
    ...It's an '06 SV1000s. One bad mother****er...
    i have a highly modded '02 SV650. at first glance you wouldn't even recognize it, the round tube trellis style frame and v-twin are giveaway. i put on the inverted front end from a gsxr-750, chopped off the rear cowl, threw on a single sided swingarm, micron underseat pipe, polished her up real nice, tinkered around under the "hood" and she is one wicked fast canyon carver now....

listen to the call, rip off those ugly fairings, naked streetfighers own.....
    Last edited by .WestCoastHucker.; 12-08-2006 at 02:30 PM.

Clever Slogan
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    i have a highly modded '02 SV650. at first glance you wouldn't even recognize it, the round tube trellis style frame and v-twin are giveaway. i put on the inverted front end from a gsxr-750, chopped off the rear cowl, threw on a single sided swingarm, micron underseat pipe, polished her up real nice, tinkered around under the "hood" and she is one wicked fast canyon carver now....

listen to the call, rip off those ugly fairings, naked streetfighers own.....

is yours a dark charcoal colored 650?

The sv1k is fairly stock at this time, but I do have 'plans'

here's my old streetfighter...I miss her so!

not really a noob
    ^nice motorcycle. and i wish i had the privelage of owning half as many bikes as you
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

Members who have read this thread: 0