out with the old in with the new- Mtbr.com
    kona-tize me captain

out with the old in with the new

alright well after having my drop off triple leak again last weekend im through with it. ive always been wanting to upgrade the fork on my stinky but never had the right chance. But now i do i found a marzocchi 888rv for 680, and a marzocchi 888 vf for 470 both are 05 . my question is, will 8 inches of travek snap my head tube. i do freeriding and i wiegh 145.
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by austinb89
    alright well after having my drop off triple leak again last weekend im through with it. ive always been wanting to upgrade the fork on my stinky but never had the right chance. But now i do i found a marzocchi 888rv for 680, and a marzocchi 888 vf for 470 both are 05 . my question is, will 8 inches of travek snap my head tube. i do freeriding and i wiegh 145.
    theres someone on pinkbike that did the exact thing. its wut pinkbikers do hahaha

but i think ud probably be safe with flat crowns
    Straight outta Compton..............

Team Tony Train - FR/DH Forever!!!!
    Sponsors: White Devil Syndicate (we're workin on it 'aight?)

DREAM THEATER

kona-tize me captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikity China
    theres someone on pinkbike that did the exact thing. its wut pinkbikers do hahaha

but i think ud probably be safe with flat crowns

hey man whats the biggest u have gone on ur stinky so far? just curious
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    hey man whats the biggest u have gone on ur stinky so far? just curious
    03 super t one thing u cant go wrong with is hscv

DREAM THEATER

pwn3rator
    get the 7" travel 888...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

kona-tize me captain
    03 super t one thing u cant go wrong with is hscv

yeah i was thinking about getting a super t, since there only 500. but i could spend the extra 180 and aget a 888rc, thats the tricky part. how u liking the super t? do anyting big with it yet?

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    yeah i was thinking about getting a super t, since there only 500. but i could spend the extra 180 and aget a 888rc, thats the tricky part. how u liking the super t? do anyting big with it yet?
    nothin big around here except creek, just a few stair gaps and drops to flat. ive got the stiff springs so i havent bottomed it out. but when i push my hardest just by standing on the bike, i can get it to a lil more than half way from the seal to beginning of bottom crown

did a few 6 stair drops to flat and it help pretty well for that. did a small stair gap, no prob. gonna go big and strait huck a big stair gap in downtown soon cuz im feelin it (u know that gap acdc? the one behind the bulding that leads into the parking lot downtown?)

DREAM THEATER

kona-tize me captain
    nothin big around here except creek, just a few stair gaps and drops to flat. ive got the stiff springs so i havent bottomed it out. but when i push my hardest just by standing on the bike, i can get it to a lil more than half way from the seal to beginning of bottom crown

did a few 6 stair drops to flat and it help pretty well for that. did a small stair gap, no prob. gonna go big and strait huck a big stair gap in downtown soon cuz im feelin it (u know that gap acdc? the one behind the bulding that leads into the parking lot downtown?)

hahah gotcha, yeah i think last weekend i did a 6 foot to a rough tranny but somehow the bike held up. i just increased my spring weight in the rear frm a 550 to like a 850 or something its sooo nice, cuzz i use to bottom out all the time up until now. but we built this huge drop where if u just barely went off it. the biggest u could go is 8 ft 6in. and the biggest about 16ft which is 30ft down the hill. im wondering though if a stinky could take such a drop.

good luck though with ur gap, get some pics.

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    hahah gotcha, yeah i think last weekend i did a 6 foot to a rough tranny but somehow the bike held up. i just increased my spring weight in the rear frm a 550 to like a 850 or something its sooo nice, cuzz i use to bottom out all the time up until now. but we built this huge drop where if u just barely went off it. the biggest u could go is 8 ft 6in. and the biggest about 16ft which is 30ft down the hill. im wondering though if a stinky could take such a drop.

good luck though with ur gap, get some pics.
    ill probably get it on camera. im nervous cuz sometimes i mess up bunny hopping and my front end comes in way ahead of the back. and its on concrete stairs. ow

but w/e, fvck it and huck it rite?

DREAM THEATER

Members who have read this thread: 0