Our Red Bull Wknd Ride Pics- Mtbr.com
    Recovering Weight Weenie

Our Red Bull Wknd Ride Pics

So Weyvoless, myself, StinkyOne, my wife, and a few others headed out to watch the Red Bull last weekend. We also got some great riding in each day.
    We hit Church Rocks, Little Creek Mesa, Green Valley, and for the 1st time, Grafton Mesa...which was a blast! Almost all of our pics came from that place... good times had by all.... enjoy our t-ball level Red Bull pics... =)

To start it off, here's StinkyOne rippin' another one. He saw this one, hiked up, and within about 3 minutes had hucked his meat off this 15 footer. Whew!

Stinky's confidence surely inspired as almost everyone else decided to step up to the plate...here's our friend Scott hitting it...

Here's our other friend Chad who's previous largest huck was about 8 feet. Nice work. Oh yes, he's on a borrowed RM. "I swear, I treated it great!"

Different perspective.

At the kiddie table, Weyvoless hits the little step down... about 6' down and about 8-10' out...

Wanna see the video?
    Weyvos on Video

Here's Weyvo's brother-in-law. Almost all of his relatives can ride. This former bmx rider turned office worker was killing it on the borrowed Heckler he got from Weyvo. The only single crown was definetely owning with some style too.

I pulled up a chair to the kiddie table too...

So, up till this trip, my wife's largest drops were to flast, and about 3feet. Some of you will remember the pics from Moab. Getting her to try landing on transition was tough. Very scary for her. I convinced her she had the skill and eventually she gave it a go and dropped this little 3-4' to tranny... SOLID.

About ten times later...we convincing her to attempt "just this other one that a tiny bit bigger." About 2-3' bigger with a 4 foot gap underneath. I tol dher the mechanics were the same... just pin it and go... I demonstrated for her.

Then, with a grimace on her face...she pinned it and nailed it. SWEET! No less than 6' to tranny! Big steps for my girl!

The video....
    Leslie Huckin'
    Last edited by Padre; 11-03-2004 at 12:57 PM.

where's the kick stand?
    Mar 2004
    sweet pics, that step down looks awsome.
    live to ride, ride to live

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

Jun 2004
    That pic of your wife on the 6'er is awesome......great pics....look like you guys had one sick weekend.

cheers.

TNC
    noMAD man
    T-ball?...heck, you can be proud of those. Awesome pics, and give our congrats to your wife...gutsy! It's easy to get jaded when we see otherworldly feats like the Rampage. Those guys are from another planet...LOL! Thanks for the great pics. Padre, your pics and comments made me think...maybe this has come up before, but why isn't there a women's Rampage of some sort? Mrs. Padre might be a contender.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    T-ball?...heck, you can be proud of those. Awesome pics, and give our congrats to your wife...gutsy! It's easy to get jaded when we see otherworldly feats like the Rampage. Those guys are from another planet...LOL! Thanks for the great pics. Padre, your pics and comments made me think...maybe this has come up before, but why isn't there a women's Rampage of some sort? Mrs. Padre might be a contender.
    She's an animal at whatever she tries it seems...and she's game for lots of pain, but she seems to prefer it spread over the course of a few hours on an XC race, instead of it happening all at once when you wad it up hucking.

Glad to Be Alive
    nice pics and great to have the wife going off

Removed at birth
    Great pics and great trip Padre. What was that I was riding you ask? Why it was nothing less than my Weyless 67. BTW, it's for sale in the classifieds. Check it out!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peace out! War In!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Weyvoless
    Great pics and great trip Padre. What was that I was riding you ask? Why it was nothing less than my Weyless 67. BTW, it's for sale in the classifieds. Check it out!
    Jeez, if it is advertised as lightly used you cant have evidence of it being hucked! Mind you it does show potential buyers that it is a worthy frame that they have no excuses about.....

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004

Geez...

your being quite the...
    Last edited by RED5; 11-03-2004 at 02:50 PM.

Card Carrying Member
    Looks like a fun place to play.

Removed at birth
    What if I was to say that this is the only time it's tires have ever been off the ground. Would you believe me?
    Peace out! War In!

mtbr member
    What if I was to say that this is the only time it's tires have ever been off the ground. Would you believe me?
    depends if you can keep a straight face.

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    Looks like a fun place to play.
    definitely, bu tu sure taht first drops 15', looks more like 8...

Whatever looks like fun though

Removed at birth
    From lip to tranny was 9 feet, so I'd say it was 12 feet, but because it was Red Bull Weekend, we'll call it 15.
    Peace out! War In!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    nice pics. and vids.

Aug 2004
    From lip to tranny was 9 feet, so I'd say it was 12 feet, but because it was Red Bull Weekend, we'll call it 15.
    Hah, that works...

SXtreem now
    looks like a *****n time. my buddys and i are headn back down to Virgin in Jan ,Feb for some riding.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    definitely, bu tu sure taht first drops 15', looks more like 8...
    Whatever looks like fun though
    we discussed it at length, just for fun. look in pic 3 where the observer is standing...it's from that deck where the take off is...

the landing spot is where arguements begin...do we measure the wall of the cliff only or do we measure where the bike lands? i would nurse my way off and drop right at the bottom of the wall while StinkyOne would haul off the edge throwing an x-up in there and land 10' out from the wall descending much further.. is the huck the same height? who knows...
    all i know is.. from where they were taking off, to where they were landing..was about 6-8' higher than 8'... just the face of the cliff was much bigger than that...

who cares..

Jul 2004
    Nice pics looks like you had a blast. What bike is Weyvo riding?

Jan 2004

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    we discussed it at length, just for fun. look in pic 3 where the observer is standing...it's from that deck where the take off is...

the landing spot is where arguements begin...do we measure the wall of the cliff only or do we measure where the bike lands? i would nurse my way off and drop right at the bottom of the wall while StinkyOne would haul off the edge throwing an x-up in there and land 10' out from the wall descending much further.. is the huck the same height? who knows...
    all i know is.. from where they were taking off, to where they were landing..was about 6-8' higher than 8'... just the face of the cliff was much bigger than that...

who cares..

I have stood atop the first drop and the ideal landing(about where you guys were hitting) makes it about a 15 footer. The pictures does this drop no justice. I couldnt figure out where the pics were from till I saw the playground,then realized what 15 footer it really was. Nice job! I love this place......must take a trip there very soon.

TNC
    noMAD man
    Padre, this issue is always a hoot. It's time for you to whip out that handy-dandy wheel measuring technical drawing thing that I've seen you do to put this heinous injustice to rest...LOL! Of course, you're right...who cares. The drop is plenty big enough, and I don't think anyone was getting paid by the foot...or were they?

mtbr member
    Its all good the only people who should care about the size of the drop, don't. We do it cause it makes me feel kinda funny! That was a great trip! Dub, Padre, your wife was owning it all weekend. Guys this chick hit stuff that I saw Weyvo walk around! She is one good rider. Her skills, amazingly enough, come from the loving coaching of her hubby.
    If you build it you get to jump it, forget them.

Perpetrator of Lawsuits
    Weyvo, Padre, Stinky One, et. al.:

Sorry I missed you guys for the trip. My brother and Jeff passed along the commentary by all that I was basically a sissy for not making it out. In my defense, I was slammed at work (not that that makes for an effective excuse with this crowd).

Anyhow, looks like you guys had a great timeóIíll be there for the next one.

Also, Weyvo, do my eyes deceive me? Are you really selling the famous Army green 67? How can this be? This news concerns me deeply.

Jan 2004
    so when i was in Virgin this summer, i tooled around on some of the stuff, but where is the Rampage held? is it held right off the road that goes by the bmx track and dump grounds? i asked a guy who worked at the general store there, and he was making calls for me (trying to hook me up with Bender, which would've been ****ing rad). he couldn't get in touch with anyone, so he gave me directions. i saw a bunch of 'fireroads' leading around the mesas, but i didn't want to risk any trespassing. so i just parked on the side of the road and pushed/ rode my bike up then turned around. did that a few times, then got tired of pushing.

USB Rep'n

wy to rock it Padre!

awesome job getting your girl to challenge herself too! Its a tough thing to do to provide the right amount of encouragement without pushing too hard and being a #@$! ya know? Looks like you pinned not only the jumps but the subtleties of girl management as well!
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

Jul 2004
    lets see some pics of kyle strait....

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    awesome job getting your girl to challenge herself too! Its a tough thing to do to provide the right amount of encouragement without pushing too hard and being a #@$! ya know? Looks like you pinned not only the jumps but the subtleties of girl management as well!
    She's an animal. She'll charge anything if she can visualize it in her head and believes she can do it. Then, she attacks. I swear, she does nothing slow, justs points and shoots. It's scary sometimes... I think some of her DH savvy comes from a few years of riding her Superlight at Big Bear etc... I would throw on a 2.5 up front and we'd hit the mountain.. add to that her riding a rigid singlespeed lots of the time... it's amazing...
    here's her roots...the rock chute on Westridge about 2 years ago....charging...

Removed at birth
    Kyle Straight? Who is that? Wouldn't you much rather see pics of local heroes like Stinkyone, and 1X1 girl?
    Peace out! War In!

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Kyle Straight? Who is that? Wouldn't you much rather see pics of local heroes like Stinkyone, and 1X1 girl?
    yes, i would.

Local Hero..StinkyOne:

Feb 2004
    Nice pics....Go Padre's wife!!!!!! Looks like she likes to kick A** on her bike...wish I had another chick to ride with that had skills like that...