our bikes- Mtbr.com

Thread: our bikes

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

our bikes

Meh.
    Wow, old school stuff... with a bit of new school flare.

Is that a Risse modular rear end?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Wow, old school stuff... with a bit of new school flare.

Is that a Risse modular rear end?
    yeah, the whole rear triangle and shock is risse.

Meh.
    I don't know how hard you're going to push that bike, but I'd be a little on the conservative side.

The big rotors and the Psylo is not a great combo. The El Caminos have a small fluid capacity, so if you're into high speed stuff... they tend to fade out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    My Son's Ride:cornut:

I'm new at this whole picture thing..... bear with me! I thought I uploaded my son's bike on the first thread... but it looks to me like it didn't work.... so here's try #2.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I don't know how hard you're going to push that bike, but I'd be a little on the conservative side.

The big rotors and the Psylo is not a great combo. The El Caminos have a small fluid capacity, so if you're into high speed stuff... they tend to fade out.
    I'm pushin' 50, so I'm not pushin' the bike real hard. I do like to go fast and we do some pretty gnarly downhill here in Northern California. But it's fun to ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I'm hoping for a new fork for Christmas and maybe a different set of brakes. By chance; would you know what year that frame might be?? Anyone?? Thanx

Meh.
    I'm thinking it's 01 or earlier.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Rockin the 24 in the rear, nice!
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I'm thinking it's 01 or earlier.
    thats what i was told when i got it from Risse, his shop is just around the corner from my place so i do a little business w/ him. BTW, that front combo isnt great because of the 8" rotor w/the QR?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I been running a Hippie Tech tuned Psylo with 8 in rotor for 3 years now and havent had a single problem. All the DH runs at Bootleg, Southridge and Mammoth that combo has seen nothing easy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike00
    I been running a Hippie Tech tuned Psylo with 8 in rotor for 3 years now and havent had a single problem. All the DH runs at Bootleg, Southridge and Mammoth that combo has seen nothing easy.
    thats what i've been wanting to hear, i had mine done by hippietech also and rode it at Downieville last summer, no problems either. i really like the fork. THANX you made my day.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by skip canfield
    man looks like an old enduro
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    man looks like an old enduro
    thats a good thing right. still works well for the way i ride.

Glad to Be Alive
    thats a good thing right. still works well for the way i ride.
    yes I would want one...it is a good thing
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    THANX. i dont know why, but i often wonder what folks think when they see my old sled.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    what year is your psylo that you have?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    what year is your psylo that you have?
    Its an 03 Psylo race. When I sent it to Hippie Tech the lowers were all beat and they changed it out for a new one free of charge . Oh and they have the best sticker in the industry. loved it so much I had my wheels laced with rasta colored nips.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Its an 03 Psylo race. When I sent it to Hippie Tech the lowers were all beat and they changed it out for a new one free of charge . Oh and they have the best sticker in the industry. loved it so much I had my wheels laced with rasta colored nips.

they did the same for me too, replaced the lowers no charge. the fork works great i really do like it. i'll try to get a pic of the sticker on my fork.

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I think this frame is 99! its a Specialized MAX FSR Elite... I have one laying aroung my garage...

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Ive found an old pic of mine....
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ban
    I think this frame is 99! its a Specialized MAX FSR Elite... I have one laying aroung my garage...
    somewhere between 99-01 i figured. frame was already powdercoated when i got it.is that like MAX backbone or somethin, elite or pro?

mtbr member
    dude, Skip you guys should buy some canfield bikes.. that would not only be rad.. but very appropriate!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_daugherty
    dude, Skip you guys should buy some canfield bikes.. that would not only be rad.. but very appropriate!
    oh i know. i still have 3 kids at home & currently on disability w/ a blown back, but that would be rad though. Canfield riding a Canfield. i also checked and we're not related, unfortunately. i imagine they're pretty spendy, are'nt they?

banned
    oh . i also checked and we're not related, unfortunately. i imagine they're pretty spendy, are'nt they?
    Ya but dude they don't know you are not realated besides the Canefield brothers have permanent los of memory from all the falls they have taken at the red bull rampage
    Drop by tell em you are cousins you know from the Shasta lake Canefields Aunt Milly's Kids pick up a few bikes and bob is uncle

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Artin Aga
    Ya but dude they don't know you are not realated besides the Canefield brothers have permanent los of memory from all the falls they have taken at the red bull rampage
    Drop by tell em you are cousins you know from the Shasta lake Canefields Aunt Milly's Kids pick up a few bikes and bob is uncle
    my son already tried to get some t-shirts or hats and he never heard from them. its funny you mentioned uncle bob, i do have an uncle bob here in california.iwonder .....................

Members who have read this thread: 0