OT ...computer help- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929

    OT ...computer help

    How do you back date your computer??

    where do you go so I can set the date back a few months
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: f0ggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    How do you back date your computer??

    where do you go so I can set the date back a few months
    date like calendar? see on the bottom right hand side of the skreen theres a clock double click on that and a calendar should pop up, is that what you were asking?

  3. #3
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by f0ggy
    date like calendar? see on the bottom right hand side of the skreen theres a clock double click on that and a calendar should pop up, is that what you were asking?
    no........it resets your computer to an earlier date to erase programs or commands that were unwanted
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: f0ggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    no........it resets your computer to an earlier date to erase programs or commands that were unwanted
    oh fck if I know haha sorry dude

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    If running windows xp, click on start at the bottom left, then chose all programs, go to accessories, then system tools, click on system restore, follow the prompts, it will come up with a little calander, you click on a earlier date, one that is highlighted, and computer will shutdown and restart itself with the settings as they were at that date. Hope this helps

  6. #6
    dirt rules
    Reputation: sittingduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,050
    You can also get to system restore from the desktop. Press F1 for help, then click on: Undo changes to your computer with System Restore

  7. #7
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,440
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    ....where do you go so I can set the date back a few months
    why, trying to give yourself more time for the clutch?


  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    why, trying to give yourself more time for the clutch?
    I just about blew my morning redbull through my nose and on to my computer.

  9. #9
    Specialized Rida
    Reputation: skate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    why, trying to give yourself more time for the clutch?
    Man if going back in time was that easy.

  10. #10
    notabouttoseeyourlight
    Reputation: coma13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    why, trying to give yourself more time for the clutch?



    holy crap... completely unfukwitable....
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

  11. #11
    Takw/agranofsalt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,532
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    why, trying to give yourself more time for the clutch?
    AHahahahahhaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,661
    sys restore only works if its turned on and restore points configured. btw, sys restore sucks ass and kills disk space. get and extrenal hard drive and a backup utility. back your ish up to different location. sys restore wont do jack if you hard drive takes a sh1t.

  13. #13
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    thanks i got it...now I have 3 more months to hit clutch
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  14. #14
    dirt rules
    Reputation: sittingduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddy_ryder
    sys restore only works if its turned on and restore points configured. btw, sys restore sucks ass and kills disk space. get and extrenal hard drive and a backup utility. back your ish up to different location. sys restore wont do jack if you hard drive takes a sh1t.
    Indeed. If people had any computer knowledge at all, they would never need such a POS like system restore. A drive imaging program and an external drive is the nuts. (not to mention the ability to configure and use a browser and email client)

    However, if you DO know a lot about computers, and everyone you know asks you to fix theirs when they have so many viruses and so much spyware that their shyt is frozen up solid, you will be glad that they had system restore ON, so that you can fix it in about 15 minutes.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingduck
    However, if you DO know a lot about computers, and everyone you know asks you to fix theirs when they have so many viruses and so much spyware that their shyt is frozen up solid, you will be glad that they had system restore ON, so that you can fix it in about 15 minutes.
    Best thing i could've ever done 5 years ago was to switch to a Mac. Not cuz I don't have to run any protection other than a router, but more so cuz it's easier for me to tell people i'm windows ignorant and can't fix their computers (even though I can). You get tired of telling people that it's their habits in conjunction with some bad decisions on MS part that is the problem. They can fix half the problems by fixing their bad habits but do you think they listen........."Don't Open Attachments, Don't use IE!" next time your over there they haven't changed.

  16. #16
    moaaar shimz
    Reputation: tacubaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,117
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingduck
    Indeed. If people had any computer knowledge at all, they would never need such a POS like system restore. A drive imaging program and an external drive is the nuts. (not to mention the ability to configure and use a browser and email client)

    However, if you DO know a lot about computers, and everyone you know asks you to fix theirs when they have so many viruses and so much spyware that their shyt is frozen up solid, you will be glad that they had system restore ON, so that you can fix it in about 15 minutes.
    Use a Mac... we dont know what virus and spyware mean in OS X...

  17. #17
    dirt rules
    Reputation: sittingduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    Use a Mac... we dont know what virus and spyware mean in OS X...
    If I didn't actually use my computer for things mac will never be able to handle, I might consider it.

  18. #18
    notabouttoseeyourlight
    Reputation: coma13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingduck
    If I didn't actually use my computer for things mac will never be able to handle, I might consider it.
    just watch your pr0n in quicktime dude....
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingduck
    If I didn't actually use my computer for things mac will never be able to handle, I might consider it.
    Like what?

  20. #20
    moaaar shimz
    Reputation: tacubaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,117
    You realize that advanced statistical, design, audio and engineering software companies are realizing there IS a market for Macs? Everyday more and more Xcoders are being hired by the big companies..

  21. #21
    I wish I had...
    Reputation: iron1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    509
    I suck at computers.

  22. #22
    Disco-Superfly
    Reputation: Jake_HT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,850
    I like right click....
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

  23. #23
    moaaar shimz
    Reputation: tacubaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,117
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    I like right click....
    You realize we have right click in Mac right?


  24. #24
    Disco-Superfly
    Reputation: Jake_HT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    You realize we have right click in Mac right?

    I have yet to use a mac with right click..... and I used OS-x
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

  25. #25
    dirt rules
    Reputation: sittingduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillmoe Slim
    Like what?
    Mastercam
    FlashcutCNC
    Xnews
    Mailwasher
    Quickpar
    Winrar
    The All Seeing Eye
    Drive Image
    DvdShrink
    DvdDecrypter
    AnyDVD
    Newsleecher
    autounpack
    vegas video

    Tons of other programs I could maybe find replacements for, but I would have to get used to their mac alternatives.

  26. #26
    clyde in training
    Reputation: 08nwsula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,917
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    I have yet to use a mac with right click..... and I used OS-x
    They can have a right click, but more of a control click. I have a mac and a pc, and I use both. My pc handles all of the things that involve work or recreation, and my mac holds my beer in its cd tray.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    I have yet to use a mac with right click..... and I used OS-x
    Macs have no problem with right clicks no hacks necessary just plug in any two button USB mouse. In fact i'm running a Logitech 8 button mouse with and all buttons work fine.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.