OT: Anyone want a zune??- Mtbr.com
    Supercutie =O)
    Oct 2006

OT: Anyone want a zune??

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in buying a 30G zune. Its brand new brown w/green trim. I have receipt. It has no songs. Still has screen protecter on it. Let me know.
    -RPFW

StraightOuttaCompton
    how much you want for it???
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

Supercutie =O)
    Oct 2006
    give me an offer. 200 - negotiable

StraightOuttaCompton
    i was just wondering and was going to ask around if anyone wants it, i already have one, so i am set.

banned
    why when u can buy a brand new one for.....

http://www.amazon.com/Zune-Digital-M...XP6FXWXBYB8R46

Supercutie =O)
    Oct 2006
    ok 160 shipped

StraightOuttaCompton
    i saw one yesterday at an electronics store for 80$. the 30G one too. today, it is back up to 100$ but still cheaper than yours.

Supercutie =O)
    Oct 2006
    oh well guess ill just keep it. the only reason i wanted to get rid of it was that people said i couldnt get videos on it. i tried on my friends and i seriously couldnt get any video on it. so i didnt want it. can anyone tell me how to get them on??

StraightOuttaCompton
    ya you can, just plug it in to your computer, like you are adding music, and go to the zune software. then, download, or sync, or however else, the video to the zune program. Then, add it, just as if you were adding music.

Supercutie =O)
    Oct 2006
    tried that. doesnt work... for me at least. does it need to be a specific file type? because i even hit the setting that allows all file types. when i go to collection under video it says this :
    You have no videos in your collection.
    to update the folders zune moniters for videos, see settings.--->
    Find videos in zune marketplace--->
    and i try to drag video files into it and nothing happens.

Bum Buzzer
    They have to be converted for the Zune. I think MP4/h.264 whether its a WMV or otherwise.

Wheres Tufino, hes an IT guy and a Zune connoisseur - YO DT!!

Supercutie =O)
    Oct 2006
    yea i saw a bunch of those converters on the internet but everyone is trying to sell them. im not trying to spend more money. i just want videos. WTF!

the goose is loose!
    i've had a Zune for almost a year. make sure the video is in a format that the Zune software can read (MP4, MPG, WMV) and the software will convert the vid into the 320x240 WMV format for your Zune. or look around the net for a free video converter. i dont have a converter so i can't recommend one. just go to Google Video, download a video to your computer to the My Videos folder and open up zune. click option, add folder, and make sure Zune is looking in My Videos for new files. then click search or something like that and all the media in the folders it's monitoring will be on the Zune software. then sync.

Supercutie =O)
    Oct 2006
    well, how do i download a video off of google? better yet how do i download a video off of youtube? i tried the podcast thing and that doesnt work either. http://youtube.com/watch?v=_2Oh6xJhA3o i want that video on there. i put that in the podcast add a URL thing and it had an error.

SuperInstigator
    Quote Originally Posted by warriorltd
    yea i saw a bunch of those converters on the internet but everyone is trying to sell them. im not trying to spend more money. i just want videos. WTF!

What videos are you trying to use? FLV? Right click on the movie file if its on your comp, hit Properties, and tell me what it says under Type of File (For example, mine says VLC media file (.mp4) because I use VLC media player). I should be able to recommend you a converter for it, such as Super (pretty much converts any video file into anything else, but it may be best to do it overnight with your comp on as it takes a while for a full length movie) or a different converter depending on the file type.

Here is the Super website.
    http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html

Tim
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

SuperInstigator
    well, how do i download a video off of google? better yet how do i download a video off of youtube? i tried the podcast thing and that doesnt work either. http://youtube.com/watch?v=_2Oh6xJhA3o i want that video on there. i put that in the podcast add a URL thing and it had an error.
    You can download videos off google direct. You can download Youtube videos using keepvid.com or http://converttube.com/ or vconvert.net.

Tim

the goose is loose!
    well, how do i download a video off of google? better yet how do i download a video off of youtube? i tried the podcast thing and that doesnt work either. https://youtube.com/watch?v=_2Oh6xJhA3o i want that video on there. i put that in the podcast add a URL thing and it had an error.
    you can't download vids off youtube. if it's uploaded to google video, then when you are watching the movie off to the right you can click "Download"

do that, and you'll be able to have a vid on your zune.

the goose is loose!
    Quote Originally Posted by tibug
    You can download videos off google direct. You can download Youtube videos using keepvid.com or http://converttube.com/ or vconvert.net.

Tim
    that's a very handy piece of info!!! i didn't know that...

let us know if any of the suggestions work. google video is just an easy way to test it. look up Powerthirst or something cuz it's a quick download

SuperInstigator
    Quote Originally Posted by rm_racer
    that's a very handy piece of info!!! i didn't know that...

let us know if any of the suggestions work. google video is just an easy way to test it. look up Powerthirst or something cuz it's a quick download
    The last 2 (converttube and vconvert) can be a bit temperamental in deciding if it wants to connect to the Youtube URL you provide (whether said URL is correct or not, it seems that sometimes it just won't download it, but keepvid has consistently worked for me (but the flv files often need converting for my needs))

My friend uses Kiss where you just put kiss in front of the youtube URL (for example:http://kissyoutube.com/watch?v=-HAUsLrCISU. However, it has been down for a few months now...

Tim

banned
    just be like everyone else and buy an IPOD

Supercutie =O)
    Oct 2006
    thank you guys so much. the google video download button works good and i used converttube which also worked good. now... is youtube and google video the only websites you can get vids off of??

Meh.
    Works WELL.

Any site that streams video with a flash player often saves to a temporary folder with a .flv extension. Any site that use Quicktime, WMP, etc will use a MPG, MPG4, wmv type of extension. They will be downloaded to a temporary folder, and you just have to save it, or you can find the URL in the source and download to a directory of your choice.

Supercutie =O)
    Oct 2006
    oh never mind. i see that keepvid works on any site. thats awesome. thank you people but i have two more questions, what is podcast and how does it work?

dirt rules
    Quote Originally Posted by rm_racer
    you can't download vids off youtube.
    No, YOU can't download them. Just because there's not a huge button saying DOWNLOAD HERE! doesn't meant you can't do it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

the goose is loose!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tod Says What?!
    just be like everyone else and buy an IPOD
    no.....

Quote Originally Posted by sittingduck
    No, YOU can't download them. Just because there's not a huge button saying DOWNLOAD HERE! doesn't meant you can't do it.
    read my last post. i said i didn't know that. now i know.

Members who have read this thread: 0