Online dealer for Fox Shox parts- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Online dealer for Fox Shox parts

Hi all,

I haven't contact Fox Shox directly, yet, but I'm looking for an online dealer that carries spare parts for the Vanilla rear shock. Specifically, I'm looking for a replacment preload adjuster ring (threaded ring that compresses/extends the spring)...

To make a long story short, last night I went to adjust the sag and the LBS had the ring compressed so friggen tight (I haven't ridden the bike since the LBS worked on it 2 weekends ago..) I had no choice but to break out the channel locks, the ring is still functional, just looks like crap.

On a side note, what's an approximate proper adjustment before changing springs? One turn after the ring touches the spring?

Thanks

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Prob best to call Fox directly

Two full turns is about the maximum pre-load to use. The less the better. Be wary of any shop that would tighten down your pre-load adj so tight that you wouldn't be able to turn it by hand.

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    if memory serves they recommend no more than 2 full turns after the ring engages the spring. I think your best bet is to go through fox direct, or as your LBS to order the parts for you. I've been searching for a new spring and can't find one anywhere.

Members who have read this thread: 0