Older Style Turner DHR Frame ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Older Style Turner DHR Frame ?

My friend just got a 2002 turner dhr for way cheap, the only problem is one of the rear dropouts is snapped off so it needs a whole new rear end. I was wondering if anyone knows where he can get a rear end or does anyone have one or know someone who has one lying around that they are interested in selling. He has already called turner and they don't have any. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdc
    My friend just got a 2002 turner dhr for way cheap, the only problem is one of the rear dropouts is snapped off so it needs a whole new rear end. I was wondering if anyone knows where he can get a rear end or does anyone have one or know someone who has one lying around that they are interested in selling. He has already called turner and they don't have any. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    that is why he got it cheap.......try getting it welded and then heat treated....
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Try and give Turner a call and see what he says. I hear that he is pretty good about all that sutff

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    My friend just got a 2002 turner dhr for way cheap,

hahhahaha.... If you guys consider being my shovel b!tch "cheap", you will be sadly mistaken.

Oh and I don't have the missing drop out, you'll have to find someone with a broken main frame and work something out.

Equal opportunity meanie
    I'm sure the Turner guys could be convinced to re-fab that part of the swingarm for something affordable, if not offer a decent price on an updated swingarm with the thru-axle. If going that route ask them if they can re-position the bolt holes to make the bike about 3 degrees slacker and you will have one KILLER rig - those old ones had the head angles of BMX bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Alloy
    hahhahaha.... If you guys consider being my shovel b!tch "cheap", you will be sadly mistaken.

Oh and I don't have the missing drop out, you'll have to find someone with a broken main frame and work something out.

I'm not the one who is going to be the shovel b!tch, its the kid who got the frame, and Alloy try to get that romic shock for the turner back from bob.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'm not the one who is going to be the shovel b!tch, its the kid who got the frame, and Alloy try to get that romic shock for the turner back from bob.

No problem, Bob if you still have that Romic shock I gave you, give it to James, his friend needs it more than you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    No problem, Bob if you still have that Romic shock I gave you, give it to James, his friend needs it more than you.

You better make my friend your shovel b!tch for a long time, you gave him a free frame and a free shock from bob, maybe he should be bob's shovel b!tch for a while too.

mtbr member

If 2004 had same rear Billy O may have one around?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My son's 2001 had a head angle of 66 degrees with a 04 super T. Not exactly BMX.

Quote Originally Posted by DHidiot
    I'm sure the Turner guys could be convinced to re-fab that part of the swingarm for something affordable, if not offer a decent price on an updated swingarm with the thru-axle. If going that route ask them if they can re-position the bolt holes to make the bike about 3 degrees slacker and you will have one KILLER rig - those old ones had the head angles of BMX bikes.

mtbr member
    My 2002 was the best DH bike I have had! That includes
    PATRIOT LT
    STAB PRIMO
    PALMER DH
    DISCO VALIANTE
    M3
    It felt a little steeper than the M3 but not by much?

Equal opportunity meanie
    Quote Originally Posted by ianjenn
    If 2004 had same rear Billy O may have one around?
    Old OLD school....like the generation where the shock rocker was upside down of the way it was now and the shock was lower. Better and lower layout in my opinion.

Equal opportunity meanie
    Quote Originally Posted by ianjenn
    My 2002 was the best DH bike I have had! That includes
    PATRIOT LT
    STAB PRIMO
    PALMER DH
    DISCO VALIANTE
    M3
    It felt a little steeper than the M3 but not by much?
    Hm I've goofed around on 2 or 3 of those, but they all had the 7" Boxxers or the 7" Dorados and were WAY steep. Definetely no 66 degrees there. Were the Super's just really tall or something? Still a kickass bike - almost perfect when it was drilled.

mtbr member
    The bike I had had the split TOP Tube I don't think people drilled them! I have a pic on my pc I will post it. Monster T's baby!

Glad to Be Alive
    You better make my friend your shovel b!tch for a long time, you gave him a free frame and a free shock from bob, maybe he should be bob's shovel b!tch for a while too.
    it's all his, but I need a shuttle biatch, and a shovel biatch
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    I just bought a 2006. The 2006 were all welded by the guys at Foes, at least thats what I was told.

New whip, it's all boxed and ready to be shipped, just waiting for my PayPal to clear!!
    like autumn leaves,
    his senses fell from him

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

I talked to the guys at turner this morning, they said they wont make a swingarm and the newer ones wont fit. Anyone have any other suggestions for were to get one.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I talked to the guys at turner this morning, they said they wont make a swingarm and the newer ones wont fit. Anyone have any other suggestions for were to get one.
    James, no leads on a swingarm. But basically the 2000 thru 2002 are interchangeable, 2003 thru 2006 are interchangeable and the 2007 are a completely new design, and only fit the 07's.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hm I've goofed around on 2 or 3 of those, but they all had the 7" Boxxers or the 7" Dorados and were WAY steep. Definetely no 66 degrees there. Were the Super's just really tall or something? Still a kickass bike - almost perfect when it was drilled.
    Dorado's are really low, I'm pretty sure they had the lowest axle to crown of any 7" downhill fork. Not sure about the older boxxers. 04 Super T is tall for a 7" fork, at max setting it is 22.5 AC height.

When DHR's first came out a lot a guys were running only 6" forks, since at the time 6" was still considered a DH fork. Now days a lot of guys are going for a 64 deg HA, so I could see how a 67degree fork would seem steep.

Members who have read this thread: 0