Older Canfield F1 Jedi ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Older Canfield F1 Jedi ?

I have been searching for some info on the 2nd generation Formula 1's (2007ish ?) and can't seem to find any info, reviews ,anything. Anyone know anything about those frame +, -'s . Thanks.

I bike long tyme.
    I still ride my '06 Formula One. I can't remember when the frame design changed. It's a bulletproof design that rides extremely supple and takes big hits without breaking a sweat. What else ya wanna know?
    People wait for me on the way up. I wait for them on the way down.

Canfield Brothers
    There was a 2005 model that is distiguished by a large machined shock mount and then a 2007 model that has a intersecting tube and smaller shock mount. The 2007 was more progressive than the 2005. Overall the 2005 models have been the most bomb proof. I still have one and it's in great shape still. Most all of these bikes are still being ridden.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Older Canfield F1 Jedi ?-formula-1-2005.jpg  

Older Canfield F1 Jedi ?-formula-1-2007.jpg  

Last edited by flymybike; 04-06-2010 at 08:48 AM. Reason: add pics

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The frame I was looking @ purchasing would be the 2007 - looks like the blue bike pictured. I did go to the MTBR reviews section but it seems like most frame reviews are always biased positive . I am 6'4" 210lb. looking @ a large F1, I am aware they make a newer one in an XL but I don't have the $$$ . Just looking for as much info. before I make a purchase. Thanks.

I bike long tyme.
    The 2006 frame looks like the 2007 also.....FYI......(at least mine does).
    I did an extensive ride report on my bike back when I got it. Search my previous posts back into like August of 2006. After 4 long seasons on this thing, it has been absolutely trouble-free. I have bent no hangers, no cracks, no issues of any kind, no nothing. I haven't even had to replace the damn pivot bearings!!!!!! The badging/lettering has worn off a little but battle scars/abrasion is to be expected (and cherished). You'll need an 83mm bottom bracket and be sure to get a seat post that can angle enough. I have run both a Fox DHX and a Marz Roco WC on mine and much prefer the Roco. Oh, and I don't know what everyone else has done but I always have made it a point to use anti-seize compound on the large linkage bolts. These bikes are beasts! You'll love it no doubt.
    People wait for me on the way up. I wait for them on the way down.

Members who have read this thread: 1