old photo..... new question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

old photo..... new question

I know this pic has nothing to do with f/r or dh but I saw this pic on ridemonkey about a year and a half ago so there is my justification for adding it to this section. Anyway, I just recently came across it again and wondered what was the outcome for this guy after he ate asphalt. Anyone know?

awesome
    Nov 2007
    He landed, rolled into some sand and walked away. you can search for I believe the crazy stunts thread and there wil be a vid

mtbr member
    It's most likely photoshopped. You would have to be a complete idiot to try that jump, to asphalt, on a bike with no suspension. Besides, that guy would probably be dead right now, if he landed in the same position as he is in the air. What most likely happend is he jumped into a foam pit like that and photoshopped himself onto the existing picture.

awesome
    Nov 2007
    found the link to the vid. Its not photoshopped.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=355820

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthemountain82
    It's most likely photoshopped. You would have to be a complete idiot to try that jump, to asphalt, on a bike with no suspension. Besides, that guy would probably be dead right now, if he landed in the same position as he is in the air. What most likely happend is he jumped into a foam pit like that and photoshopped himself onto the existing picture.
    it was a bank comp. bmxers throw down. respect.

mtbr member
    Thanks Senor!

Now that I have my question answered I can sit back in disbelief because I always thought this guy would have been trucked off to a hospital with serious injuries. I never thought he would have stood up and just walked away
    Last edited by stylie; 11-23-2007 at 01:29 PM.

mtbr member
    at speed you can get out of crashes pretty well as your momemtum help you roll out of stuff

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi
    at speed you can get out of crashes pretty well as your momemtum help you roll out of stuff

I agree with you on this but he fact that he is traveling at such a high rate of speed combined with the height of his jump and the fact that he is off balance in the air with zero safety gear while flying over asphalt leaves me speechless to the outcome of this jump.

He must have some superhuman-cat skills.... and a little luck to have rolled out of this one with out injury

Look at the time!
    that picture was taken with a wide angle / fisheye lens. That makes it look quite a bit higher than in actually was. Look at the video and compare. Still pretty impressive/lucky.

Edit: attached Video Screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

Pivotal figure
    Photos don't always tell the whole story. You watch the video and he was actually fairly controlled while bailing, WAY better than any of mine.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

StraightOuttaCompton
    Photos don't always tell the whole story. You watch the video and he was actually fairly controlled while bailing, WAY better than any of mine.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    still stupid. ahahaha
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

Mi vida es bueno
    Pretty nar.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthemountain82
    You would have to be a complete idiot to try that jump, to asphalt, on a bike with no suspension. .
    Kids that ride BMX bikes generally are idiots. He is so cool he has no helmet either.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boogenman
    Kids that ride BMX bikes generally are idiots. He is so cool he has no helmet either.
    And you are so much better on your rigid single speed 29er running a 32-16 cause you're so strong, huh?

Eat a dick.

dirt rules
    He not only didn't appear hurt, he jumped up and down like he just won a contest or something. LOL!!

Members who have read this thread: 0