OK need a few opinions on upgrades and this is not another which bike thread.- Mtbr.com

OK need a few opinions on upgrades and this is not another which bike thread.

OK I currently have an 08 Perp1 that I want to do some upgrades on. I,m thinking about replacing the stock Hussefelt cranks with something lighter, and cranks that I'm looking at are,

Gravity lights, are really that easy to bend? I'm fairly smooth and don't go really big.
    or possibly Saints or maybe something from Race Face.

I'm also thinking about replacing the Code5s with Jucy7 because they are lighter and well I got them for a steel from a friend that was moving but they do need some rebuilding. I also don't live near any lift assisted parks so I won't be visiting those very often but I usually ride too spots with DH runs and I do some DH racing in AR.

Thanks

maker of trail
    is bb 83mm? If not SLX (dual ring with the steel pedal insert, not the xc version) are pretty sweet esp for the minimal $$, if they are 83mm saints are hard to beat.

Either way ditch the hussefelts, they are boat anchors!

Brakes, duno, depends, maybe mix and match, J7 levers, J7 rear calliper, code front calliper (with J7 lever). If you're light and don't do a lot of long DH, the J7 are fine.

Yes the bb is 83mm and so far I have found the gravity light to be the cheapest and I found the new saints for about 80 dollars more than the Gravity lights.

Now with More Wood
    Well worth the extra $ going with the Saints IMO. Totally trouble free, easy to install and service, and strong as hell.
    For the brakes...is it worth gaining a few grams (on a PERP!) to give up the power of the Codes?...only you can decide. (Depends on how you ride as well. I don't find the Juicys up to it for longer steeper DH runs...but if it's more freeriding/trails then they are OK...).

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Yes the bb is 83mm and so far I have found the gravity light to be the cheapest and I found the new saints for about 80 dollars more than the Gravity lights.
    one word...Saints....next!!!
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Ok thanks, I think I will save up and get Saints in a week or two then and I'm thinking about keeping the Code5's as I'm not sure I want to spend the money and time rebuilding the J7's at least it wasn't a wast getting the j7's as they came with two spare 203mm rotors and an avid bleed kit for 20 bucks.

Members who have read this thread: 0